New to Minimins and SW!

kittyhen

Hello!

I'm Kitty and this is my first ever post. I joined Slimming World on Tuesday and thought that posting a blog on here would help keep me motivated.

I have been a bit of a yo-yo dieter in the past (haven't most of us?) and gained and lost more than I care to think about. My most successful weight loss was 2 years ago when I got nearly down to a 12 through a combination of gym and heating super healthy. Then life got too much on top of me and the gym-going slipped by the wayside and the chocolate marathons started :( I got up to 14st, I think the most I have ever weighed.

There have been a few attempts in the past 2 years to stop the gain and to actually lose but I give up very easily. BUT, and thats a big one, my brother is getting married in a few weeks. My almost sister-in-law gave me the wonderful honour of being her bridesmaid and we bought the dress last year. It got delivered to the shop in March and I promptly tried it on, only to be horrified at how I had to stuff myself in it, and looked in the mirror to see an overstuffed sausage! The thought of disapointing my lovely SIL after all they paid for the dress and her asking me over any of her numerous freinds I was determined to lose some of this weight.

So I have spent the last 6 weeks on the Dukan diet and going to the gym almost every day. I have lost just under a stone and every ounce of that was a struggle. I felt awful on the diet, perhaps I wasn't doing it right, but all I could think about was potatoes :( A friend suggested Slimming World as her mum had done it and lost 2st and kept it off. So I'm going to continue with the losing weight and see if I can lose another half a stone.

Just in case you were wondering I tried the dress on again and this time it fitted without all the huffing and puffing. Another couple of lbs and it will feel like it was made for me on the day :)

oh well done on getting into the dress! Im sure you must have been in a bit of a panic. How wonderful though that you are going to be bridesmaid! Keep up the good work and have a wonderful day!
Lilly xx

Arh thats going be lovely to be her bridesmaid, I am glad your dress fits you great now, well done, you can getm them few lbs off you want before the wedding :) My sister got married in April in malta and I had lose weight fast to get in the dress and to look ok round the pool. I put all the weight back on after which is why im now trying again. X

Thanks guys :) Malta sounds a wonderful place to get married! I'm sure you will get back to where you were pretty soon. Looking forward to my journey on here xx

Thanks I will this time and stick to it. Malta was a nice place get married but wouldnt recommend a holiday to there. Good luck on your journey x

Back