New to MiniMins - not new to SW!

I think this is the longest I've done SW for, 4 months now - I usually fall off the wagon quite spectacularly and give up. This time, I've been able to have the odd bad day and then sort it out without a major change to my weight. I've lost the weight I gained when moving house and the week or so afterwards when I ate crap because it was easier than cooking when tired. I am bored of being hungry though, and bored of the indecision of what to have for lunch and for mega quick breakfasts when I get up 20 mins before I had to leave for work, oops.

So, from today, I'm doing EE rather than attempting red and green and making a mess of it. I've made bulk lots of beef chilli and savoury rice (syn free), and also pork meatballs as a spicy pasta sauce (syn free) to go with dolmio microwaveable pasta (syns aren't bad). Massive amounts, seriously. I'm having half the amount my husband is having, and there's still plenty, and a WW yogurt will finish it off nicely. Not sure this plan will work terribly well as I often don't leave my desk at lunchtime, but hopefully I can find a few minutes to walk and eat at the same time to get some fresh air when it is flaming raining....

I'll let you know how I get on.

On a good note, my weight started with 62(.8, but it's still 62!) this morning for the first time in about 18 months. Still nowhere near the 58 I was when I got married, but better than the 67 I was back in February. Progress and I don't feel the need to quit. Husband has lost just over 5 kilos too, without really trying to be good, amazing what you can achieve with SW.

First few days of EE again and I feel bloated. I've been eating pooh cake (also known as scan bran cake) to make up for not having two B's and then forgetting to drink more, so I feel all huge as a result. Still, paella for dinner was very yummy, so EE has it pros and cons! Gonna drop the pooh cake of a few days and see how I feel. I have enough fruit and breakfast to kickstart things anyway, lol.

Amazing night at a friend's wedding. Didn't eat too much gunk (hog roast, yummy and not too unhealthy) and only one little cupcake. Syns drunk were about 30, manageable. I danced for about 2.5 hours, my fitbit is very pleased with me as I probably burnt off all the calories I ate and drank.

62.8 this morning, can I keep my weight under 63 this week? Only work will stop me :)

Beautiful weather, and I have a cold :( A snuffly nose and sneezing is not much fun when it's this hot and difficult to sleep anyway!! :(

I still gave the remnants of this cold, and the weather has cooled considerably today which is a shame :( I'm also have an eat everything in sight kind of day, I don't have may of those so I guess today is my turn. I'm bouncing around 62.8/63.2 kilos at the moment, so I've lost approx 4 kilos in total, 9 pounds. I suspect I'm done, but I find it so easy to keep my weight at this level by doing SW most days and eating moderately badly once or maybe at a push twice a week. Holiday time in 5 weeks, can't wait. My favourite part of losing this amount of weight is that my thighs don't rub together anywhere near as much as they did. When I was in the sun in February, I had to out cool packs on my thighs as they got so red! I haven't even noticed it with this heat wave. Weight loss benefit, definitely :)

Okay, I'm back. After weeks of not posting and really getting lazy with EE and maintaining or small gains, I've decided to start posting more again now I am back from holiday. I reached a 9lb loss in total, and holiday has meant putting around 3-4 lb back on. Not too bad on the scale of things! After two days of healthiness, the scales are going in the right direction already. I'm away with work all week next week, big dinners a-plenty, so we'll have to see how this goes...

I've just had couscous with a bit of soy sauce, some lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, fajita spice, a quarter of a bean salad tin and half the Mediterranean veg pack that I threw in the actifry. Tasty. Perfect food to bring in a box to the hairdressers with me as I'm off to town shortly to buy new straighteners as mine broke this morning!!

Oh, and slimmingeats pancakes with bananas and far too much Splenda this morning, tweaked to put a full B of oats in. Scrummy.

A reminder, stolen from Sian's diary again...

Chicken and Chorizo Paella

Serves 2 - 4.5 syns per serving on Extra Easy

2 Chicken Breasts Diced
100g Chorizo Diced
2 Onions Diced 2
Cloves of Garlic Crushed
Red and Yellow Pepper Deseeded and Chopped
200g Paella Rice
720ml Chicken Stock
Pinch of saffron
Handful of frozen peas
Salt and Black Pepper
Frylight

In a paella pan or large based frypan, saute the chicken, chorizo, onion and crushed garlic in frylight until lightly browned. Add the peppers and saffron, and fry lightly, Add the rice, and stir around until any liquid is absorbed, and the rice is coated in the juices. Add the stock, season with salt and black peper to taste, stir around well, and bring to the boil, then sprinkle a handful of peas on top. Simmer gently for about 20 minutes, until the stock has evaporated, and resist the temptation to stir, or it will end up like pudding!

Sunday morning fry-up eaten, very full now! Considering my husband had nicked a third of the sausages yesterday and left us with only three slices of bacon between us, I rustled up a good breakfast :)

Blimey, that curry was good! I made lamb for hubby and chicken for me, yummy! The yogurt made all the difference. It was a Tesco low fat coconut yogurt, 150g, split between three meals so I guess maybe 1-2 syns per serving as I can't find this yogurt on google. I put extra actifry'd Mediterranean veg in too. Very tasty.

Oh wow, four late nights in a row away with work, four meals out. Last day away tomorrow, but no healthy food until Saturday now - very hard being in France and being surrounded by yummy continental breakfast!!

I survived a whole week away with work with a stay the same. Impressive, considering I drank wine every night and ate everything in sight. Too many breakfast pastries, tut tut. I was more active that usual, walking plenty, so that will have helped.

Tonight, I made moujendra - it's Lebanese I think, but often cooked in Cyprus and Greece. Also known as pilaf - lentils, rice and whatever else ends up in it. I'll paste the link as soon as my browser app finishes updating itself. I added aubergine that I started in the Actifry, a bit more garlic, a vegetable stock cube, some balsamic vinegar and some fajita spice (just for luck) as I didn't fancy it with only cumin and garlic, seemed a bit boring. Had it as an appetiser in Cyprus on holiday and it as so yummy, I didn't trust the recipe to be quite as nice though, so added plenty to it! I had it with ryvita crackerbreads and laughing cow. The recipe made enough for tonight plus two lunch boxes for later in the week. Worth the effort.

Today was my first green day in months, I do find red and green quicker for losing weight, and EE easier for slow losses or maintaining, we're all different. Might have a red day tomorrow - sausages in the fridge from our local butchers :)

Back