New to MiniMins - not new to SW!

Having a treat - cut and highlights :)

Weight is fine. Curry last night, curry tonight, but it's one of the easiest meals out to behave with. Byriani please!

Been a bit silent, oops, and surprise surprise my weight has gone up. Been travelling again with work, really hard to be good when food and alcohol are plentiful! Not a lot of travel planned for a fortnight or so, so it's time to be good. That even included ignoring 70% off haagen daaz ice cream in the blockbusters that is shutting down. Angel!

Husband and I watched a documentary this morning about why people are overweight, it was particularly about Scotland as it's apparently the second most overweight country in the world (I figure after the US). On average, people in Scotland are gaining a kilo a year. The documentary explained that the extra energy consumption needed to cause a gain of a kilo is only the amount in an extra half a biscuit eaten every day - easily done.

Definitely hit home.

Just ordered a Tesco shop of healthy food. The slow cooker will be in more use to make sure we have something healthy and easy to finish off when we're tied after work. Chocko's many recipes on the minimum ingredients thread will be very useful :)

Something for me to ponder. I'm 2kg lighter than when I started SW last Feb but 2.5kg heavier than my lightest in the summer. Trying to lose small amounts and then maintain on SW is so hard as it is easy to go OTT with portion sizes.

To kick start my 2014 weight loss, I am revisiting the start of this diary, so glad I started it.

Britmum's pancakes for breakfast tomorrow :)

Thanks to Sian....

Here's the recipe for the savoury bread and butter pudding, but it would be easy to adapt.

Ham and egg cobbler

Ingredients:

2 medium slices white or wholemeal breadA little soft butter or vegetable oil spread
3 slices wafer thin ham, torn in half
4 large British Lion eggs
60ml/4tbsp milk
50g/2oz cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method:

1. Butter the bread and cut the slices into quarters. Arrange the slices in a shallow micro-proof dish.
2. Tuck the slices of ham in between the bread.
3. Crack the eggs into a jug, add the milk and seasoning. Beat together with a wire whisk, then pour over the bread, pressing down the bread to soak up the milk.
4. Cover the dish with an upturned plate and microwave on HIGH for 5 mins, turning after 3 mins.
5. Remove the dish from the oven and scatter over the cheese and return to the oven.
6. Cook on HIGH for 1min.
7. Leave to stand for 2 mins before serving. If liked pop the cobbler under a hot grill to brown. Serve hot or warm with salad.

Cooking a turkey today - turkey everything for the next month :)

You know you're a SW girl when you have the munchies at 1.30am after drinking and you have a couple of slices of ham on the bone as a snack!

Signed up for Daily Burn today - Google it :)

Did the first class today - ooya bleeder, they don't lie about the burning! Lol. Likely I won't be able to walk tomorrow, excellent.

:)

Did another Daily Burn session today, struggling to sit down and go up and down the stairs, lol. Scales have shot up as my body is retaining water as it's in pain. I'm sure there is sense in all this. If I can walk tomorrow, my daily burn is kickboxing, hell yeah.

Roast turkey dinner, turkey pasta bake twice, turkey sandwich, turkey curry and turkey paella so far. Pleased to be reminded just now that turkey is a speed food.

Hi
I am starting SW on Monday 6 2014, I know I am 17st already so I want to get down to 11st a lot of hard work, the only problem I have is I'm vegetarian and I'm seeing is meat things, could you please help me with a menu
many thanx.

Hi
I am starting SW on Monday 6 2014, I know I am 17st already so I want to get down to 11st a lot of hard work, the only problem I have is I'm vegetarian and I'm seeing is meat things, could you please help me with a menu
many thanx.

Hello!

You'll be seeing so much meet as most people do the extra easy programme these days, which is a mix of the older (but still used) red and green programmes. Green is what you want - generally vegetarian and allows lots of carbs like pasta, rice, potatoes but also quorn for protein. I would Google the green programme or look around on minimins. If I have a green day, I might have a jacket sweet potato, spaghetti hoops and grated cheese. Or a pasta n sauce with some extra veg, maybe with a spud if I'm really hungry. Mug shots are free and good for lunch but not very filling. A box of pasta goes down well.

Have a Google around and come back to me with questions?

Good luck with it.

Back