New to Minimins

Hula Moo

Hi all
I'm a newbie to this forum, all I've done so far is say hi on the general intros boards.
I'm seriously considering doing the Lipotrim TFR programme, so far I'm researching; comparing other VLCDs and other options. The things I need to consider are cost, ease of use and how easy it is to stick to the regime.
What about having breaks (I have my birthday and my daughter's 18th next month, I don't want to be dieting for either occasion)What would you advise, please?

Hula

hi and welcome to minimins
firstly the cost of lipotrim varies from place to place ranging from £33 to £48 (uk) but compared to what you probably spend on rubbish its not a lot (i know this is the case for me) it is very hard to commit to if you are not in the right mind set but when you are the weight flies off, and i also think that if you need to celebrate then dont start anything until afterwards as you really need to be 100% on lipotrim. but use that time to get into the mind set, maybe reduce your calorie intake to get you in the mood.
what i will say is lipotrim is great and really works
good luck on your decision making keep us posted x x x

Hello and welcome Hula Moo! I totally agree with the last post, if you do decide to do LT you have to be prepared to forgo those celebrations otherwise it's not really worth starting and the fact that you have already stated that you don't want to diet on those days suggests that perhaps you aren't quite ready for LT. It could be that you start it and are doing so well by then that you have the strength to go to the parties and stick to the diet? Only time would tell.....

A VLCD really is the ultimate diet and takes enormous strength and willpower to stick to, particularly in the first few days but it also promises fantastic weight losses and, personally, gives me an enormous feeling of empowerment that I'm finally in control of my body!

Spend plenty of time researching this website and reading other peoples' diaries in order to learn from their experiences.

Good luck with whatever diet you decide on x

Hello and Welcome Hula ! xx

Thanks for the input peeps. I took on board what you were saying and decided that, on balance, if I had to choose between celebrating the birthdays with food and alcohol or celebrating them being almost a stone lighter, then the booze and food could take a hike!
Started Lipo trim today .
My first goal is to achieve 100% for day one!

Hula

Hi Hula,

Good for you for making that decision!! I'm also a new starter - on day 2 today so it will be great to have someone else going through the same things at the same time. I've struggled this afternoon to be honest but i haven't fallen off the wagon. I've been really hungry and have felt quite weak and shaky, guess its just my body getting used to the adjustment. I've also been running around after my 18 month old son and preparing his meals etc which has been torture! I didn't even lick my fingers after he flicked yogurt on me though - that's my little win for today!! Small victories haha!

I'll be coming on here lots for advice and support and I hope i@ll be able to do the same for other newbies soon!

Good luck, hope day 1 has been ok so far.

Emx

That's the spirit!

Well done Hula Moo... Look forward to seeing your posts.. Good luck x x

well done and good luck on your journey

Well done, and welcome!

I was in a similar situation to you when I was considering starting at the end of July. I had a holiday booked with a friend in August, and I knew that as we were staying in a self-catering cottage, we'd want to go out for meals at least twice in the week, and from a social POV (and as it was a holiday anyway!) I knew that I definitely wouldn't want to give that up. I had to make the decision: would I start LT before the holiday and still have 2 meals out; would I start LT and somehow not go out for them or go out and not eat; or would I start LT after the holiday?

Well, I decided to start on the 31st July, and in my first 2 weeks I lost 15.6lbs. On 13th August I went on holiday, armed with my LT shakes and more importantly, a plan! I decided in advance that a Sunday carvery would be a good option because I would stick to 'white and green' (chicken / turkey and veg) and stay in ketosis. I didn't have anything to drink except sparkling water, and didn't have a starter or dessert. Later in the week we went out again and I did the same think - meat and veg, no extras, no potatoes etc. Finally, the evening I got home from holiday (20th Aug) I went out for dinner with my OH's family to celebrate a 21st birthday - it was a set meal, but I contacted the venue in advance and said I didn't want starter or dessert, and instead of chicken in white wine sauce I asked for no sauce and extra veg. It wasn't a problem, I still really enjoyed the meal and stayed in ketosis. I confess I did have 1 blip on holiday when I bought a chip-shop fish, but picked off most of the batter and didn't buy any chips. I did have a poor loss that week (0.6lbs) BUT it was still a loss, I had eaten 4 times in a week, and I had a big loss the following week (6.6lbs) which balanced it out.

I think the biggest challenge of having a special meal on this diet is a/ making a plan to enable you to stay in ketosis and sticking to it, and b/ making sure you are strong enough to return to TFR straight after the meal, no questions asked - not letting the meal get you back into bad habits. I KNEW I was going to eat that week, and I KNEW I was back on TFR the next week. I haven't eaten since Sat 21st August, ie when I returned from hols. I have 1 more meal planned between now and finishing TFR, and I know I'll choose carefully, stay in ketosis, and return to TFR until my finish date.

That made a lot of sense Bren......fail to plan and plan to fail.......

fail to plan and plan to fail.

That had me laughing, it's my friend Lily's mantra and she says it often!

Back