New to minimins

Karen harries

Hi everyone hope you are all doing well!
I am about to embark on my diet after a week weeks of failed attempts! I am not new to dieting and have done really well in the past but I injured my back in October and since them my weight has gone up and up and now I'm almost 2 stone heavier!!!
i am not able to exercise yet due to my injury and I am currently on crutches to walk whereas I used to walk miles each day so I am finding things very difficult and solely have to rely on dieting. I love slimming world but have forgotten a lot of the basics so any hints, tips and ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am struggling with will power at the moment and spend most of my days stuck in the house thinking about food but I am determined to get back into my old clothes and feel better about my body. Think I've fallen into the horrible trap of comfort eating to make me feel better but only I don't :(
hoping to get to know some of you and praying I find my will power soon xx
Karen xx

Hello Karen!

I agree that Slimming World is a great plan and has helped me a lot in the past! I am sorry to hear that you are finding things difficult with regards to exercise, I found when I was injured I could sit in a chair and move my arms - it wasn't much but I was happy to be doing something, does this make sense?

I hope that being here will help you :)

Jo x

Hey! I feel your pain! I have a herniated disk in my spine ( slipped disk) I've put on 3 stone since it happened. It can be done! muscle work is better anyway. Do you have stretches and things to do to help your back? So you could do things with your arms? You can do it!! Choosing healthy food and just doing what you can, you will get there.

It is hard, but each day is a step in the right direction :D :D

Hi Karen, welcome to the forum, the good thing about SW is, you don't need to be particularly mobile to lose weight doing it. :) at the group i go to there is a lady in a wheelchair who does quite well, and i do know of others as well so cheer up and good luck with your Healthy Eating Plan (SW)

Hiya sorry to hear all that you have been through. Just want to wish u luck on SW.

Wishing you well on your new diet, I think as soon as you start eating healthy rather than the stodgy comfort foods you do start to loose weight which motivates you to do more, well it does me anyway!

Good luck x

Back