New to simply filling- any help appreciated

I love cinema but my boyf isn't so keen. I think it's a leg room comfort thing! We tend to go to a little independent cinema here where you pay a bit more and they have little sofas for two and sell bottles of wine and beer! It's lush. Not a frequent treat but nice!
Sounds like you're getting along pretty good at the moment with your ankle Laura. Fingers crossed! X

Yeh ankle is holding up alright still can't do a lot of the exercises on that leg properly. Exercise doesn't seem to be resulting in much pain afterwards now so this is good progress at least :)

Nice to be able to do a bit each day now as before I couldn't, looking forward to hopefully joining gym when I get back to work too. X

Becktoria79 said:
I love cinema but my boyf isn't so keen. I think it's a leg room comfort thing! We tend to go to a little independent cinema here where you pay a bit more and they have little sofas for two and sell bottles of wine and beer! It's lush. Not a frequent treat but nice!
Sounds like you're getting along pretty good at the moment with your ankle Laura. Fingers crossed! X

Wow I like the sound of that cinema!

icklerockchick said:
Yeh ankle is holding up alright still can't do a lot of the exercises on that leg properly. Exercise doesn't seem to be resulting in much pain afterwards now so this is good progress at least :)

Nice to be able to do a bit each day now as before I couldn't, looking forward to hopefully joining gym when I get back to work too. X

Sounds like its all getting a lot better which is great news :0)

Ouchy 6 week 6 pack must be doing something I ache in all sorts of new places today!! X

Week5 day7

B- 2 crumpets
Ww spread
Coffee

L- wholemeal noodles
Edamame beans
Broad beans
Garlic, chilli, oil

D- quorn burger
Wholemeal pitta
Baked potato
Ww spread

Snacks- wispa icecream 3pp
Snackajacks 2pp

Drinks- water
Tea
Squash

Exercise- 10minute solutions Pilates
40min walk

Weeklies used- 5pp

Last edited:
Woohoo just joined the gym! Was going to wait until was back at work but should be back soon and I'm so rediculously fed up so it'll give me something to do! Got to get a doctors note before I can go though x

That's great news! Hopefully u will b back at work soon!

Wooo- hooo! Hope you enjoy it as much as I am at the minute. Will be great to be able to use it during the day at the moment - I will really miss the peace and quiet of the gym on weekday daytimes when I go back to work. Do you get a personal programme designed for you? Or will it be a case of making it up yourself?

If I have a quarter of your enthusiasm thy would be amazing!!

There's loads of classes on at least 40 per week. The popular ones do fill up fast though. The website has suggestions of programmes to follow on the machines but I reckon to start with I'll probably mostly do classes and maybe a bit of cross trainer and bike. Might even conquer my treadmill fear one day!! X

Hey! Great news about joining the gym! Is it a gym or a complex with swimming pools etc? As swimming would be n okay exercise with your injury!

But gym is good too....when you do your gym induction explain about for injury and they can advice the best and worst machines you should or shouldn't be using!

I went for the budget gym option so it has no pool :-( but on the plus side it's only £17.99 a month including all classes, open 24hours and couple minutes walk from my work for when I get back to it! Oh and no contract can cancel anytime if I the it but I'm sure I won't! X

Last edited:
That's a pretty good deal. Rowing might be ok for your ankle too as its cardio work but mainly on upper body. What classes are you going to try? I fancy trying some more at mine but have already found two I like and want to do every week so would struggle to fit any more in with gym programme and swimming too.

Has your benefits been sorted yet? That's probably being overly optimistic unless Scottish job centres are rather more efficient than their English equivalents...

Nope still got a penny from them or received the forms I'm waiting on them sending out *sigh* feel a little guilty about joining the gym this month instead of waiting but so bored and think getting out the house will do me good! And my the time next payment is due I should be back at work :)

Signed up to do my induction next week as well as a pump class and kettlebells. There's loads I want to try but not wanting to overdo it at the start. Loads of stuff sounds good - Zumba, trx, box fit, spin etc! X

Let me know how the kettlebells one is - thats one of the ones I really want to try. I suspect the box fit would be fun too. I really like zumba despite being very sceptical that the music would drive me mental! It would be more fun if it was dancing to Bad Religion or NIN or something but I suspect that would be too much of a niche market...

Definitely don't feel guilty about signing up to the gym - going could improve your ankle so mean you get back to work even quicker. And I think given how you have felt pretty down about still being off work recently it sounds like even more of a good idea - giving you something to do during the day and making you feel better with all those endorphins :)

Actually a while ago someone here was doing rock aerobics classes but not sure if they managed to keep that going! Did sound like fun I would defo enjoy workouts to rock music more than horrid dance and chart stuff lol.

Yeh that's pretty much the reason I justified joining it keeps me occupied, the endorphins will hopefully help control the depression and should help my ankle improve as long as I'm careful. Win all round. X

Definitely a well justified plan.

On of my friends is a personal trainer and does a few aerobics classes and often used to ask for a copy of the music I played when djing to do her classes - punk, rock and industrial. I suspect her classes were really fun but the gym where she works is about a 35 minute drive from me and I think I would feel a bit wierd in a class that my friend was taking.

Atomic pink said:
Definitely a well justified plan.

On of my friends is a personal trainer and does a few aerobics classes and often used to ask for a copy of the music I played when djing to do her classes - punk, rock and industrial. I suspect her classes were really fun but the gym where she works is about a 35 minute drive from me and I think I would feel a bit wierd in a class that my friend was taking.

Sounds awesome I would totally go along to classes like that! But yeh bit far and would be a bit strange with your friend taking the class.

Quite looking forward to it- not sure how much I will get to go as need to pay to get into town but once I'm back at work it's just round the corner from where I work so no excuse really. X

Back