Original New to Slimming World - all advice welcome!!

krystaltipps

Hi there

I have just registered with my local slimming world group today.

I'm very excited and am sat reading through all of my books making sure I'm fully prepared for tomorrow.

I'm determined to do well and make a difference and was wondering if anyone has any advice as to making slimming world work well?

I'm going extra easy as this seems to suit me best.

I'm planning my meals for the week and making my shopping list now.

The one place I'm struggling for ideas is for quick and easy lunch time meals. I rarely yet a break and eat in my car a lot. I want to try and take home made lunches with me but want some ready made back ups just in case. Any suggestions?

Thanks very much

There are lots of ideas for lunches on this site - have a wander around and you will find ideas,

But you are already doing THE most important thing you can do - you are reading your books. Keep doing that. Go back to them from time to time. It's really important.

My best advice for you would be: read the books cover to cover & possibly the magazines too. Really make sense of it all.

Plan ahead as much as you can.

Eat often so you never go hungry, if you're nicely full all of the time it'll reduce your chances of being naughty

Make sure you've always got something in the cupboards/fridge you can eat quickly just in case you're busy/hungry (although you shouldn't be) to reduce temptations. E.g. cooked pasta, fruit, mug shots and cooked lean meats.

& IMO keep a food diary as much as possible. It'll keep you aware of what you're eating and help you identify where you're going wrong (if it happens)

Good luck :) x

Back