New to Slimming World and new to minimins! Soooo...Hi!

Sazzle*

Hi everyone,

I'm new to slimming world and have signed up to the at home way rather than going to a club as I'm a bit shy and can't stand going to new places on my own! I've been hovering on minimins for about 3 weeks and you've all really inspired me and are all so friendly :)

A little bit about me...I'm 32, I've got a wonderful little boy who will be 3 in May and he is big part of why I want to change! My hubby is also doing slimming world with me and being really good and supportive as he needs to lose a bit too. I've got quite a few medical problems and I'm sure losing weight can only help, but I find it soooooooo hard to lose weight :( I'm trying to think of this as a lifestyle change rather than just a really long diet, as I usually get disheartened. I've lost 3 stone on ww and calorie counting but it always ends up going back on.

I think I have it ingrained into me that all carbs are bad so I'm totally baffled by how slimming world works but I've lost 10lbs so far so it's got to be working!

Right well sorry for waffling on so long, but I wanted to say hi and hopefully be able to benefit from the fantastic support you all offer rather than just lurk about reading posts!! :) Xx

Hi Sazzle

Im new to minimins and SW too!

I started on Monday and to be honest Im not a great cook - like the worst, I want to be good just arent, but and this in itself is a massive achievement for me never mind weight loss....I find myself inspired by the book cos the food looks so good that I want to cook, cant believe Ive just written that.

Not sure what you feel about sweet things, but like you I have a wee boy who is 6 and me and him are chocolate/sweet fiends! So each night Ive been making a SW sweet...from eton mess to creamy jelly...I find myself saving my syns during the day because I cant wait to get home for our pudding! Ive been making really good food recently all syn free so that I can save for my pudding etc

Stick in there youve already lost 10lb thats amazing in a small amount of time. Ive been trying to take each day at a time not looking too far into the future.

This is my first week so Im really looking forward to my first weight in as its a challenge to me not to reach for sweets etc

Any way good luck!

Scooby

Welcome both to minis you will find loads of advice and support on here. I would have long be gone from sw If it hadn't have been for my minis friends.

Sounds like your both doing well. Good luck for WI look forward to seeing your guys successes :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Scooby Hi! I'm not too bad a cook really, just like to cook and bake all the wrong kinds of food and too much of it! :rolleyes: I am a bit of a chocoholic and my little one has a lovely habit of trying to stuff whatever he has had enough of in my mouth! I'm not really a pudding fan unless its stodgy so I'm quite good at keeping away from them but I am a nibbler! I could happily munch my way through digestive biscuits all day! I'm also my own worst enemy...I like to think I can lose a stone a week! But I have a new approach and and feeling really positive about slimming world! When is your weigh in?

Thanks Jo, I've not come across a forum like this before, but I think it's fab! Everyone here for the same reason no mate how much we have to lose and it's nice to get that extra bit of support and sometimes just a good chat! X

Hello, I'm new here and I am going to start slimming world tomorrow.

I have started and failed slimming world before, as well as weight watchers, slim fast, the egg diet, cabbage soup diet etc etc and NOTHING works. The most I have ever lost before was on slimming world so I figured that's the best one to go back to.

I started to put weight on when I went to uni in 2007. I got into a really awful relationship and with the stress of uni and all the drama that went with it I found myself reaching for comfort food. When I decided to leave uni I thought moving home i could get back to my normal size of 9 stone 7lbs however two weeks later I found out my boyfriend had been cheating on me for the last 3 years so yet again I found comfort in eating. 3 years on and struggling through a lot of health problems and depression I am now the heaviest I have ever been!! So big that I'm not even sure my true weight anymore!!!

So it's time to change! I'm sick of being stuck with being so low in self confidence and I need to get the old me back. Fun, happy and slim!!!!

I hope we can all work together and encourage each other as after the first week or two of a diet I am usually lacking in enthusiasm and tend to fail.

Which plan does everyone follow? Is extra easy the best to get the weight off or are red days quicker?

Back