Extra Easy New to Slimming World - HELP!!!

Confused?

Hi there

I am new to this Forum, after reading quite a few threads thought it would be great to join.

Anyway, down to business. I joined SW 2 weeks ago tomorrow, and am having no luck whatsoever, in fact I have put weight on, I lost 1.5lb week 1(but this was straight after a Bank Holiday, so I was heavier than my usual weight after having one last blow out)and have put that back on and some more. How frustrating!!! I always watch my weight and with the advice from my group leader have made sure I don't go hungry (I am eating way more substantially than I was before though)and not to bother weighing etc. Before I wouldn't go near Pasta, Rice or Potatoes as I thought they were too BAD. I have decided to save up Syns for the weekend so I can have a drink or whatever I may fancy.

Has anyone else experienced the same problems when starting out, or maybe SW just doesn't suit me and I should try WW.

Any advice would be gratefully accepted xx

SW does not suit everyone, however I would be inclined to post a few examples of your menus so that people can see if there is anything glaringly obvious that isnt right

I will say that while SW says pasta is free food I cant eat stacks of it as it does bloat me out (and stop losses) so I do actually weigh mine out as a medium portion - everyone is different I guess

x

hi i joined last week and after a sneaky weigh on my scales i have put weight on too

i also used to avoid typical carbs - never had pasta only occasional bread or pots didnt eat much fruit so im wondering if my body is taking a long time to adjust to now eating these foods - even in moderation ??

bit disillusioned as was so excited to start this :(

Thanks

So far pretty general throughtout the week.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, banana(cooked breakfast over the weekend).

Lunch: Pasta 75g, salad and either tuna or turkey. Muller light yogurt.

Evening meal: One of SW's recipes eg Curry with Rice, Red Pepper curry with rice, Pork Stir Fry, Speghetti Bolognese also had baked potatoes over the weekend which is relatively unheard of.

Snacks: Muller light yougurt, plenty of fruit, beetroot. 2 x Alpen light bars per day(healthy extra).

hi i joined last week and after a sneaky weigh on my scales i have put weight on too

i also used to avoid typical carbs - never had pasta only occasional bread or pots didnt eat much fruit so im wondering if my body is taking a long time to adjust to now eating these foods - even in moderation ??

I know, it's really disheartening, and as I only wanted to lose about a stone I am panicking as it will be 1 1/2 stone soon x

Sorry to hear you aren't having a great time. Has your consultant been through your food diary with you? Unless I missed it I don't see many HE's or syns. Are you using them? They're an important part of the plan not only for health but to give our bodies something to chew on! I know it seems like a good idea to cut out syns but I've found personally that I lose better when I've used them, the same with HE's. Think it stops your body wondering when it's going to have something to tackle so it keeps your metabolism going.

Welcome to the forum!
Although, a lot of food is free, I would suggest not eating too many carbs, as even though we don't count calories, they are pretty calorific.
Rather fill up on superspeed and superfree foods.
My suggestion is use your HEXs, drink losts of water and make sure you eat your 1/3 of superfree foods. Eat until you feel full and not stuffed. Use your syns, whether you uses them daily, or weekly is up to you. SW advise using them daily but it is up to what works for the individual.
AND persevere... the weight will not just fall off. It may take time, with glips along the way.
Just enjoy. It is a FANTASTIC plan, so enjoy, stick to plan and good luck!

Are you sure that your having 1/3 superfree with each meal, as that will make a big difference, also maybe saving up your syns isnt something that works for your body?

Sorry to hear you aren't having a great time. Has your consultant been through your food diary with you? Unless I missed it I don't see many HE's or syns. Are you using them? They're an important part of the plan not only for health but to give our bodies something to chew on! I know it seems like a good idea to cut out syns but I've found personally that I lose better when I've used them, the same with HE's. Think it stops your body wondering when it's going to have something to tackle so it keeps your metabolism going.

Hi

Having 250ml of semi milk per day, and iether 2 Alpen light bars or Nimble bread. Syns I use of a weekend. My consultant looked at my food diary last week and was happy with it. I shall evdeavour to add more superfrees in my evening meal and see how I go. I would absolutely love the plan if I were to lose weight, but obviously if I keep gaining I will have to stop it. Done WW in the past and that worked, fingers crossed something will change soon.

Sorry I didn't notice the HE's oops. As someone else suggested it may be saving your syns which is a problem. Some people just don't find it works for them to do that. The recommendation is to use 5 per day atleast, so perhaps try that and then save the rest.

Having a 'sneaky peak' makes it sound so innocent but it's really not - unless you are really strong minded and don't care what the scales say then it's sabotaging yourself!

If they've gone done then you may unconsciously relax and let things start to slip because you know you've already lost. If it goes the other way you start to doubt yourself and think "well I might as well have xxx because it's not going to make any different if I've gained already".

All scales are different - weigh on 10 sets and you will likely get 10 different readings. The moral is same scales, same day, same time, same clothes.

So reserve your judgement until after your official weigh-in. And carbs are not the devil's spawn! You need carbs to fuel your body and proteins can have just as many calories.

Back