New to Slimming World - HELP!

LittleFi

Hello all,

I have decided I would like to give Slimming World a go. I have never did the plan so know little about it.

Previously, I lost 5 stone with Weight Watchers, however have put on 2.5 stone. I don't like the new Weight Watchers plan so would like to try something new.

I'm planning on doing the plan online. Can anyone recommend what package to go for: bronze, silver or gold? I find the gold package very expensive. Does the bronze pack give newbies all of the info they need about the plan and the food list?

All help is appreciated!

Many Thanks all!

Fiona

Not sure which membership to go for as I attend a group but just wanted to say good luck and well done for your previous losses. X

Welcome to the forum, I can't help with the online package as I go to a class but good luck :) x

Thank you so much everyone! Really appreciate it!

Read some bad reviews from the online package so going to buy the starter pack from Ebay - looks like a great plan!

Am I right in saying the easy plan means that you can combine red/green days on the same day??

Thanks again! xx

Hello all,

I have decided I would like to give Slimming World a go. I have never did the plan so know little about it.

Previously, I lost 5 stone with Weight Watchers, however have put on 2.5 stone. I don't like the new Weight Watchers plan so would like to try something new.

I'm planning on doing the plan online. Can anyone recommend what package to go for: bronze, silver or gold? I find the gold package very expensive. Does the bronze pack give newbies all of the info they need about the plan and the food list?

All help is appreciated!

Many Thanks all!

Fiona

Hey Fiona

Congrats on your losses so far and good luck with SW:)

As for the online membership, I would go for silver or bronze if you already have the books. If you can live without the magazine then go for bronze.

xxx

Edited to say that for the extra £5 go silver, the magazines cost £3 ish in the shops so £5 for a years worth is good;)

Thanks so much evilpenguin!

I don't have any of the books as have never been to a class unfortunately :( I'm guessing you don't get the food lists in the bronze membership? I'm currently bidding for the starter pack on Ebay. I really want to go to the classes but am unable to with work commitments.

This forum is a great great support! xxx

:mad: I just clicked the silly advert at the bottom of this page on quick reply and lost my reply :rolleyes:

I did type - sorry, I somehow thought you'd said you had the books - misread your bit about not knowing anything about the plan!!:eek:

The foods list I'm guessing is the list of free foods & syns, which online access (for group members) gives you, I would think online members would get this too on the bronze package? Someone will need to clarify this though as I'm not a member (doing it alone:D) was just nosing on the SW site to see if I could offer advice re the online packages.

Ebay will be super expensive, would be cheaper to join up for the books and then not go back for classes.

Btw if your work thing is because of shifts, they have special ways of getting shift workers to meetings without paying for missed classes or using up holidays!

xxx

Oh I also tried to say in my reply that everything you need to know about SW you can find out on here! We just can't post huge lists of free foods or anything, but there is a subforum for syns and healthy extras etc:D

The thing is evilpenguin is that you have to sign up for a minimum of 3 months! I've bidded on a pack for £11 so hopefully will get it! Either that or I'll go to the class once and pick up the pack.

Does the Starter Pack give you syn values?

Good I have another person doing it alone! :) xxx

Hey all i joined this week aswell, decided on the silver package, much cheaper for the magazines :) also theres all the info for red/green & extra easy syns & healthy extras etc. and since i downloaded the free slimming world app i can also sign in with my membership & check out syns when im in the shops :) definately worth it if you'd rather not buy the books. I also thought the gold package was just a little too expensive.

That's great Becky! So when you sign up to Bronze or Silver it explains how the diet works, the list of free foods for red/green/extra and the Syns???

Thanks! xxx

Yeah, when i signed up theres like a million sections on there, also theres downloadable content of all the healthy extras & foods you can eat on each plan, and all the syns with their values, i downloaded & printed mine off yesterday :) these pages are exactly the same as whats in the books aswell so you can just print them & put them into a folder for reference instead.

Back