New to Slimming world.. not new to dieting!

Well what can i say, im 25 and have been dieting ever since of the birth of my son 5 years ago.
At one point a few years ago i got up to 21st and thought it would be a good idea to do the Cambridge diet, dont get me wrong, it worked, i got down 11st , but my god, i had no life, no friends and no ENERGY! so with having a young child and the strain on your body this diet was sooo unhealthy ( even though i was skinny my god i was miserable) and when i did eat i became so scared of food and putting on weight i took laxatives!
So anyway, a year has passed since coming off cambridge compleatly (i found a happy weight of 13 1/2st) and well well well.. ive gone up to 18st.. no thanks to my partner of 9 months with whom i enjoy going out and eating and the fact he has a considerabley large appetite so well as it does dieting has gone out of the window..
ill get to the point eventually..
and here it is..
i joined slimming world.. this is my second week and im getting weighed tomorrow.. and I LOVE IT! i cant belive what im allowed to eat! and the quantity. Its given me a new healthy approach to dieting and the people i have met are super..
so 5lb lost last week and hopefully 2 this week..
id like to lose 2lb every week until christmas so i can fit into a dress thats been lurking in my drawes for a year..

so good luck to everyone, and hopefully i can get some inspiration and share some of my recipes with you guys..

peas and gravey!

:happy036:you sound happy - good!:D

Hey :welcome: !! Dont you just love slimming world?:D Ive been on it for 2 weeks too. Good luck im sure you will be fine. xoxo

:party0011:hi Suprakarma,

Wow what a weight loss journey youve had!!:eek: well done on your previous weight loss thats amazing, i tried Lipotrim before but failed miserably find it very blaaah and i was sooo moody and pure cranky and over-emotional!!! I only started SW last thursday, so my first weighin is tomorrow, i found it very good aslong as i was organised and planned my meals before hand so fingers crossed i have a good loss like you on my first week!!

I signed up for a 12week course, and so my goal is to lose 10% of my weight for christmas, im also starting a 8 week bootcamp course Monday which hopefully will move me along to my first Christmas goal :character00116:

We will get there in the end!!

Best of luck on SW x

Hi suprakarma and :welcome: like you i have been doing sw for 2 weeks and i'm absolutley loving it i've done so many diets in the past and this one just seems to fit into my lifestyle and my family so well. its not like a diet :D good luck on your journey

nico xx

Glad you have come to the best 'diet' in the world :) all the others just sound awful..
SW just isnt really a diet at all. It really is a lifestyle change to healthy eating.
We have all our favourite meals, just tweaked a bit :)

Good luck with your journey

Hi Suprakarma, you sound in the right frame of mind, well done on your 1st wks loss, im sure you will get into that dress at christmas:)

goodluck
sandy x

hi guys, thank for all the great replys!
well, just got back from my 2nd weight in and another 4 1/2 lb lost! so i got slimmer of the week and my half stone award!
It can be done!
all the very low calorie diets that are about these days are terrible, they glam them up so they sound amazing, but really, the side affects are terrible, i forgot to add about how much you think everyones breath smells when youve had only 500 calories! lol.
and well the yes the other half is on the diet, but im sure hes slipped down a few sneaky bacon butties and sausages! ah well, its good i like chunky boys!

so do all you guys do sports?
ive just started back at swimming twice a week and squash on a sunday! need to tone up some flabby bits!

its great to be apart of such a welcoming bunch of folks!

much love! xx

I lost 3lbs in my first week without doing any real exercise! I'm now going for my bronze in body magic to keep up the good work.

The fact the plan works without excercise is amazing and keeps the pressure off when you've got a busy life! However, I now have the slimming bug and I'm going to do all I can to be slim for xmas!

x

Welcome suprakarma!!!

I too did Cambridge before I became pregnant with my daughter and agree that at the time it was successful and I loved losing the weight quickly however once I was pregnant and had to eat again I piled on the weight very quickly (even eating healthily) and the diet added to my unhealthy attitude towards food unfortunately.

I realised quite quickly that long term it was a mistake to do that diet for me personally and so have joined slimming world now. This is my 2nd week too and suits me very well.

Wishing you lots of luck xxxx :D

welcome to minimins :) i too tried the cambridge diet plus many more too numerous to mention they all worked short term but i got cranky on all of them hated going out for dinner cause i couldn't have certain foods which is why s/w is so good theres always something you can find to eat and i no longer feel like i'm on a diet as i'm not being deprived. good luck x

I did the carb-free one for a bit (Pig to Twig). So much fatty meat - washing up was a nightmare, and I craved carbs so much!!
Must admit though - the 'head-stuff' section in the Pig to Twig book is spot on, and I do get it out and read it when I'm beng sabotaged (by myself or others) to get my will-power and perspective back. I wouldn't want to chuck the baby out with the bathwater after all!

quicky flicky through all diaries i am subscribed to (well, the first couple of pages anyway! not enough time to do this properly before xfactor starts!)

if you want, if you would like to, please join in the october flabfighters challenge! i know some of you have done it already and it's been lovely talking to you on the thread! anyone else who wants to join up for a teeny bit of extra support, please feel free :) link below, just pick a colour, add your name and the amount you wish to lose, and update weekly with any changes! good luck to everyone, and hope you're having a brilliant weekend :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams/170932-flabfighters-october-challenge.html#post2868579

Back