New to Slimming World :)

hayleyk

Hello everyone :)

I'm new to Slimming World having only started on Tuesday of this week and am doing the online plan. I have 77lbs to lose and have tried everything before but I fall off the wagon in days and literally hate every moment of dieting. The only one I had any success with was Celebrity Slim but I just couldn't keep that up forever. I thought I'd try SW as I knew a lot of people had had success with it but about 10 years ago I went to a SW club and put on weight so I was a bit dubious but I have to admit, this time I am really finding it good!! My weigh day isn't until Monday evening but I can already tell I have lost weight so am actually looking forward to getting on the scales! :D Initially my eyes were going crossed trying to understand the plan but once I got into it it was actually quite simple - thank god lol! :)

I'm a vegetarian and I started on the Extra Easy plan which has worked fine for me this week but I am thinking about having a go at Green days as reading on here a lot of veggies seem to find that good?

I am really hoping that I can stick to this and lose the weight I need to as I'm only 5ft 2 and I used to be 8st 7 and have crept up to 14st 7 in the last 7 years :( Not good for my health at all and really want to try for a baby in about a year so really have to shift this weight because another 3 stone on my frame would be really difficult to take :( I'm not finding this hard to stick to though so that bodes really well :)

Looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Hello and good to hear your finding slimming world good to do. I do Green only as i find the extra Hex a and b help through the day. TBH with green though i can have pasta, rice, noodles and potatoes i;m finding that the main stay of my diet is pulses, veg and fruit and its fantastic, sw has finally gotten me into eating a good well balance veggie diet. I dont eat meat replacement products sooo sometimes i have to get a little inventive but its quite good fun.

Thank you and you are so right - I have never eaten so much fruit and veg in my life as I have this week! That can only be a good thing though. I was worried I would eat too much pasta and potatoes but I don't seem to at all which really surprises me. I had spaghetti bolognese tonight made with quorn but I left half of it as I was full - that's progress ;)

Welcome to SW and to Minimins Hayley. It sounds like you have got off to a great start.

I can't see the point of doing EE if you're veggie (other than the 1/3 superfree is a good thing to do regardless of which plan you're doing). If you do green you get extra Hex's (when I do the occasional green day, that gives me an extra opportunity to feed my cereal bar habit :p).

The most important thing in my opinion is that you choose a plan that you can stick to. Then whatever speed you lose at, you will continue to lose and hopefully keep it off.

Good luck whatever you decide and keep us posted.

Gail x

Welcome to SW and to Minimins Hayley. It sounds like you have got off to a great start.

I can't see the point of doing EE if you're veggie (other than the 1/3 superfree is a good thing to do regardless of which plan you're doing). If you do green you get extra Hex's (when I do the occasional green day, that gives me an extra opportunity to feed my cereal bar habit :p).

The most important thing in my opinion is that you choose a plan that you can stick to. Then whatever speed you lose at, you will continue to lose and hopefully keep it off.

Good luck whatever you decide and keep us posted.

Gail x

Thanks Gail, I'll look into the green tomorrow thoroughly because it might be even better for me :)

ETA: I just looked it up now. Am I right in thinking that it is exactly the same as extra easy but minus the meat and with 2 choices each for HexA and HexB? If so then absolutley, green it is!

Last edited:
Pretty much ! (although I'm not a green expert)

You will need to look at the HEx's because they are a bit different and also syn counts for some things. But even though 1/3 superfree is not essential it is still recommended.

Hope it all goes well.

Gail x

Hello!
I'm new too - first weigh in Monday - and I'm a veggie. I've used the green plan and although I've not used both of the additional healthy extras every day, they have been useful to have. Our consultant explained that the reduction in healthy extras on EE compensated for having less restricted free foods, but as a non fish eating veggie I can't see the benefit if EE!

Hi Hayley! I joined last week & I am doing Green days, I find it easy as I can make some pasta & take it to work or have Jacket potatoes which are filling.

I am not vegetarian but I dont buy alot of meat as it can be quite expensive. I have eating quorn before, so I bought some quorn chicken pieces from tesco yesterday as they were half price!

I weighed myself this morning & I have lost 3lbs. I love slimming world as you never feel deprived.

Maybe have some mini goals so you dont feel that you have such a long way to go! But we will all support each other here & there are some fab ideas! Good luck! xx

Thanks everyone :) Going to have a Green day today and I've looked up some of those Hex's and yup, I can definitely see how they would really help - Lentil soup for example is something I really like and I can have that as a Hexb :D

Good luck to everyone weighing in and thank you for all your advice x

I think Green is so easy for us veggies!! Most of the free food HeX's are my staple diet anyway! So it just helps me stay on track of what else I'm eating!
Good luck!

hiya its all new to me too
its my first week ,i have my first weight in tomorrow night
i think i have done ok
loved trying out the recipes i have found on there
what a great site :)xxx

Hi Hayley,

I'm new too, you sound like you have a similar amount to lose as me and I'm too trying to lose weight in readiness for trying for a baby!

We can do this!!! :)

Hayley x

hiya its all new to me too
its my first week ,i have my first weight in tomorrow night
i think i have done ok
loved trying out the recipes i have found on there
what a great site :)xxx

Hi Hayley,

I'm new too, you sound like you have a similar amount to lose as me and I'm too trying to lose weight in readiness for trying for a baby!

We can do this!!! :)

Hayley x

Good luck girls!!! How did you get on? :) x

WELL DONE Hayley. You must be soooooo pleased.

Gail x

I lost 3 1/2 pounds tonight! :)

Got slimmer of the week and my first half stone! Yay!

Well done Hayley on 5 pounds - that's amazing!!

That's brilliant the second Hayley ! Congrats

Gail x

Back