New to Slimming World

desperate2Bslim

Reaching the goal
Ok, I am totally new here and am desperate to lose weight. I just wonder what SW is all about? I read in one post that it is a "class". It's not a diet pill right?

Slimming world is a diet plan which involves (or can do) going to a group weekly for weigh in, inspiration and support. The groups (or classes) are lead by a consultant.

The diet consists of free foods (meat, fish, veg, carbohydrates) and healthy extras (bread, cereal, milk, cheese) and syn values items (chocolate, alcohol) - all are examples, there are other things you can have!

There's a Slimming World for Newcomers thread in the sticky section which explains it further.

If you've never done it before then it's a good idea to go along to a group and have the consultant explain the plan to you. There's no obligation to join, you can sit through the group and decide at the end.

Hope this helps.

Thanks jaylou! That is very helpful to a newbie like me. How much is the diet plan? And when you go to a class, is it personally or virtually? Where are the consultants located?

It costs £10 to join and then £4.95 a week.
There are groups all over the UK, if you look on the SW website you can find the nearest one to you.

You can also join online too if you don't want to go to a group in person.

Thanks as always jaylou. Will check out the website. You are a big help!

Back