new to slimming world

mole92

Hi all,
I am new to slimming world and the forum but i thought this support would be great for my diet. I am going to be joining a sw meeting on Monday :) i have been doing sw for about five.days but been ill all week so haven't managed to get to a meeting :-( iv lost 3lb already which Im very happy with can't wait to see a change :)

just wanted to know a little bit about the meeting:) will i get info books or is this what the sw site is for. What do the meetings consist of?

Thank you
Mollie

When you join you'll get a pack with books explaining the plan etc,ul also get a pin number for access to the sw website.
At a meeting you usually arrive,pay,get weighed,then after the weighing finishes the consultant does image therapy which is a chance for every member to discuss their gains/losses. It's a good way to find inspiration and motivation. Xx

I need a weekly boost of willpower and going to group and staying for image therapy helps a lot.

I need to know that I'm accountable to other people apart from myself. Most of the time when I think about going off plan it's the thought of it being announced in group that I had a gain (they don't say the amount) that stops me from doing it! Plus you'll meet loads of really friendly people that share your goal to lose weight which is another huge motivator!

Definately go to group. It's well worth it!

I need a weekly boost of willpower and going to group and staying for image therapy helps a lot.

I need to know that I'm accountable to other people apart from myself. Most of the time when I think about going off plan it's the thought of it being announced in group that I had a gain (they don't say the amount) that stops me from doing it! Plus you'll meet loads of really friendly people that share your goal to lose weight which is another huge motivator!

Definately go to group. It's well worth it!

Ah thank you :) defiantly gonna join they don't tell everyone your weight each week do they? Just how much you lost

They just say how much uve lost,they never disclose ur weight or any gains (unless u tell the group)
Our group is more of a social event,everyone is always really friendly and supportive x

They just tell everyone how much you've lost in lbs. If you've stayed the same or if you've gained no weight is mentioned.

The only people that know your exact weight are you, the consultant and the member of the social team that is doing the scales that week.

Ah that's great :) defo looking forward to it now :) ill let you all know how i get on already lost 3lb by myself in the last 5days so gonna have a really good weekend and do lots of exercise i want this weight off :) Im going to Mexico in September and would love to be a couple stone lighter

Just to let you know as well when you first walk through the door yr consultant will have a new members table set up and she will go through everything with you. Dont worry, you wont be be able to take it all in at first, then you will be invited to stay to Image Therapy (the meeting) and then you can decide if its for you. You will then complete an application form and take this to the person who is on the pc. This person takes fees and books hols and deals with new members applications. Upon payment she will then issue you with yr S W card and give you a pin number which she will write in yr book and then give you your pack. You will then go to be weighed by your consultant and off you go to indulge in a bit of "bedtime reading". Hope this helps

Just to say as well, the pin number is issued so that you can register on slimming world online and get all the syn info and anything else you may wish to know.

Pleasure, this is my job on the pc as I am a member of the social team and really enjoy helping new members and welcoming them to the group. We have an excellent consultant and a very happy group and very friendly too. Glad this has helped, anything else you want to know just bob on. Only too happy to help;);):D:D:):)

Back