New To Slimming World

Miss_W

Hi - I'm new to slimming world and pretty much new to being healthy.

I'm 26 and have always been a big girl to say the least. After battling depression and coming off my medication my dress size has slowly been creeping up and up and enough is enough. I went to my first group meeting last night and I was horrified by how much weight I'd piled on over the past 2 years.

So now, I'm giving the slimming world diet a go. The group I went to last night was excellent, the group leader was friendly and approachable and ever so helpful - there was no need for the nerves I was feeling. I've armed myself with a slimming world magazine and have had my nose in the starter pack for pretty much the whole day. This website has some cracking ideas for meals- I love cooking and can't wait to try some of the recipes.

I'm hoping that keeping a diary on here will help me keep on track with my diet. Eventually I am hoping to get into doing some sort of exercise - I'm uber lazy and don't like sweating. Even my part time job is one where I sit on my arse all day. :/

Hopefully, the thin person inside will be able to get out haha.

K x

DAY ONE

Breakfast:
2 slices of bacon, 1/2 tin baked beans, 2 mushrooms, 2 scrambled egg

Lunch:
Banana, Shape Choc Desert (5.5 Syns)

Dinner:
SW Smoked Haddock Pie (2 Syns)with plenty of broccoli and carrots

Snacks:
Small bowl of cous cous, 3 cherry tomatoes, spring onion.

HEA - Milk for tea throughout the day
HEB - None - attempting to stay away from bread for the time being.

I've felt like I've done nothing but eat and eat and eat all day. The only thing I have missed is crisps. I could eat bags and bags of them some days. :( I think it's the fact that I can't just go and grab a bag or three that's tormenting me. Haha. Will definitely have to find something to help me get over my cravings for crunch.

DAY TWO

Breakfast:
Banana, handful of grapes

Lunch:
Cous cous with bacon and chicken; peppers, onions, lettuce, tomatoes and garlic. Shape Choc Desert (5.5 Syns)

Dinner:
SW Diet Coke Chicken with rice; peppers, mange tout, baby corn, onions and celery. SW fluffy choc mousse (1/2 syn)

Snacks:
SW Homemade crisps, banana

HEB - None.

Day 2 done. Now that I have found a replacement for crisps (SW syn Free home made crisps) I should be fine. Could have murdered a brew and a piece of cake at bingo though. :( LOL

Work will be the struggle at the weekend - where I work it is common practice to eat all day out of boredom. I am planning to arm myself with lots of grapes and apples. :) Just hope no customers bring me anything to tempt me lol.

K x

Well done on your first few days, you will get the hang of it Xx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins.com mobile app

DAY THREE

Breakfast:
2 slices of bacon, 1/2 tin baked beans, 2 mushrooms, 1 scrambled egg, 1/2 tomato

Lunch:
Muller Light, banana.

Dinner:
SW Beef and Red Wine Stew (1 Syn) (Seriously delicious) with carrots, mushrooms, onions and celery.
Muller light

Snacks:
SW Home made Crisps. Fun size bag of magic stars (3 and 1/2 syns)

HEB - 2 slice of whole wheat bread - Allinsons - 400g loaf

Feeling pretty good today. :) I've not really missed having chips or the dinners I am used to. It's pretty similar stuff just cooked in a much healthier way. I do miss having sandwiches though, and wotsits, and chocolate. Before this week I tended to have only one meal and loads of little unhealthy snacks. I'm hoping to build myself up to having 3 full meals a day and hopefully this will help me to erase the memories of constant snacking lol. I still find myself going to the fridge when I am bored though - need to get out of that habit - even if I'm only looking now and not scoffing.

Hello,

Well done on being so good! Youre doing really well!
I don't want to ruin things for you but speak to your consultant about the crisps - theyre known as a tweak and we have told must be syned as its not as intended same with smash cakes/pastry/dumplings etc lots of people argue about it so totally depends on how you feel.

I have the baked star crisps which I think are 4.5syns, or space raiders are 3.5, others have hoops and crosses which I think are 5, or quavers are around 5 too.

Again Im sorry but thought I should warn you please don't be mad at me.
Maybe you could make a salsa to have with them then youre getting a 1/3 superfree?

Also what is SW fluffy choc mousse for only 1/2 a syn?!!! sounds lush!!xx

Back