New to slimming world

Hi all :)

How's your gran Milliesmummy?

Wow, well done on your fab loss blades4life, that's great!

I never buy lean mince. I dry fry my mince and then rinse in boiling water to get rid of the grease or if I'm making burgers/kebab, I cook on a rack so the fat can drain. It doesn't affect the taste as I use different herbs and spices depending on what I'm making, it's just not greasy and a damn sight cheaper lol.

Sorry you gained ailibop and Newtaly, although they're not huge gains.

How are you feeling now ailibop? Personally I find chinese the easiest restaurant meal/takeaway food to have on sw as there are a few sw friendly dishes.

Newtaly, I think having treats helps to stay on track. If I want something and don't have it then I just want it more lol. Glad you had a nice weekend.

I'm having a so so week food wise. I could have been a bit better but hopefully it won't affect my loss. I had an interview and got the job (despite going for the interview a day early to start with! Lmao) which was a major confidence boost as I've been at home with the kids for the last 7.5yrs and I've felt a bit lost since they're all in full time school now.

Hope you all have a good week :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you x Congratulations on your new job xx

Lost 3.5lb this week. My first week, was kinda hoping for a Big lose but happy with it!!! I ate like horse. Wishing you 's All the best for this week weigh in! :)

Lost 3.5lb this week. My first week, was kinda hoping for a Big lose but happy with it!!! I ate like horse. Wishing you 's All the best for this week weigh in! :)
3.5lbs is still a great 1st week loss - a lady in my class only lost a 1lb in her 1st week but then came back and lost 7lbs.

Sorry for slow replies, not been on much, between work decorating and hospital visits. Gran is Doing much better thank you. Unfortunately this last week I have been very naughty. Dreading weigh in. Between my period and shifts I have just craved mcds and bread. Off today so just did a big morrisons shop and stocked up on 'good food' rather than goodies lol. Girls I work with all keep raving about muller light mint choc chip yoghurt frozen. Tastes like mint choc chip ice cream but I can't find it in any shops. I love the cappuccino one if I need a fix lol. Got big pot of mince cooking away with lots of veg in it. Keep me on track lol. Well done on all your fab loses and the new job!! X

Glad you're gran's doing better :)

I love the mint mullerlights although I haven't tried freezing them. I can't seem to find the cappuccino one but would love to try it.

Well done Becky, that's a fab loss! :)

It's my weigh day tomorrow. I only need 0.5lbs for my club 10 so I've got everything crossed lol xx

Glad you're gran's doing better :)

I love the mint mullerlights although I haven't tried freezing them. I can't seem to find the cappuccino one but would love to try it.

Well done Becky, that's a fab loss! :)

It's my weigh day tomorrow. I only need 0.5lbs for my club 10 so I've got everything crossed lol xx

Im sure u will lose that 0.5lb tomorrow xx

Hey Everyone!

I'm not so new to SW, I've been on plan for around 7 weeks now, lost each and every week but very small losses, I've seen people lose 8lb in a week and can't work out why mine are so tiny, my biggest loss so far has been 3lb and even when I've had fantastic weeks packed full of super Free and super speed foods I've still only managed 2lbs.

Most days I can stick to 10 syns, very rarely do I have the full 15, I'm careful to measure milk and generally only have cheese as a HEA, I have almost completely cut out bread, I've had white bread once in the last 7 weeks and the only time I've eaten out is at Nando's, chicken, salad and corn on the cob.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I've shed almost a stone, but I'm seeing others who have around the same amount to lose as me shifting a stone in a fortnight without exercise and I'm wondering if there is some vital part that I'm missing.

Anyone else?

x

Little - have u asked your group leader to look at your tracker?

I Just has my first big fail!! - birthday cake, nuggets and rolos

I wouldn't knock 3lb a week, that's actually really good! Once I get into the swing of the diet I sometimes only lose 1lb a week. Those big losses you see are probably from members who need to lose a lot more or even are in their first week (I lost half a stone the first week I ever did SW).

If you think you should be losing more then just be careful of hidden syns - although that Nando's chicken salad is a good option, you can't be sure of what they're cooking the chicken in. I used to have chicken and prawn cha han at waggamamas thinking that Chicken, prawns and rice couldn't be bad for me but when they finally released the syn values the meal came in at a whopping 20+ syns! I could have had a McD's burger for that amount!!!

It could just be down to your body - I know it is gutting but try not to compare yourself to other people - you're still losing every week and that's the most important thing!

Hey Everyone! I'm not so new to SW, I've been on plan for around 7 weeks now, lost each and every week but very small losses, I've seen people lose 8lb in a week and can't work out why mine are so tiny, my biggest loss so far has been 3lb and even when I've had fantastic weeks packed full of super Free and super speed foods I've still only managed 2lbs. Most days I can stick to 10 syns, very rarely do I have the full 15, I'm careful to measure milk and generally only have cheese as a HEA, I have almost completely cut out bread, I've had white bread once in the last 7 weeks and the only time I've eaten out is at Nando's, chicken, salad and corn on the cob. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I've shed almost a stone, but I'm seeing others who have around the same amount to lose as me shifting a stone in a fortnight without exercise and I'm wondering if there is some vital part that I'm missing. Anyone else? x

Looking at your losses you're doing great! You're losing 2lbs most weeks which is recommended really. I know it can be disheartening when other people seem to be losing more but everyone loses differently and the main thing is, your weights going in the right direction. Well done! :) xx

I did it! I got my club 10 :) 1.5lbs off last night.

On to my next goal of 2st. Only 4lbs to go xx

Well done x

Well done miatai - did it feel fantastic? All the inbetween milestones keep me going, I've even got a diet diary with a list in.

Thanks everyone for the support, I'm pleased to have lost every week, i was just a bit :confused:, thinking i may well have missed a vital part of the plan. I do syn everything, the Nandos was 1 syn for the chicken, I checked on Syns Online before i ate it.

Today I've had a good day in readiness for tomorrows weigh in, I made a huge batch of syn free veg chilli yesterday and it was only me and my 9 year old daughter that wanted to eat it, so there was lots left for lunch today, it was more kike a soup so I ate it in a bowl without rice. Followed with a pear and tangerine!

I've just made a massive salad and had a baked potato, my mouth is full of ulcers at the moment so its a little painful to eat, won't do me any harm though! I've made some sugar free jelly to compensate, 1.5 syns for a whole sachet :)

Well done x
Well done miatai - did it feel fantastic? All the inbetween milestones keep me going, I've even got a diet diary with a list in. Thanks everyone for the support, I'm pleased to have lost every week, i was just a bit :confused:, thinking i may well have missed a vital part of the plan. I do syn everything, the Nandos was 1 syn for the chicken, I checked on Syns Online before i ate it. Today I've had a good day in readiness for tomorrows weigh in, I made a huge batch of syn free veg chilli yesterday and it was only me and my 9 year old daughter that wanted to eat it, so there was lots left for lunch today, it was more kike a soup so I ate it in a bowl without rice. Followed with a pear and tangerine! I've just made a massive salad and had a baked potato, my mouth is full of ulcers at the moment so its a little painful to eat, won't do me any harm though! I've made some sugar free jelly to compensate, 1.5 syns for a whole sachet :)

Thankyou :)

It felt fantastic little. I didn't realise how close I was until a couple of weeks ago and then I was really focused on it. I need to pay more attention to the mini targets instead of just focusing on getting to target.

Aww hope your mouth's better soon, that sounds so painful :-( and good luck for tomorrow's weigh-in xx

Hi all!
Seen this thread and hope you don't mind but I've jumped on!
I restarted about 1m ago and so far I've lost 5lbs. I'm one of those slow losers, which is a pain because I have at least 4st to lose!!
I've been a lot better since the OH got back from a month working away and decided he needed to lose weight too and stopped bringing temptation into the house!!
My WI's late on Thursday after a very full on day at work!!

Also, I don't like eggs!! (Apart from in egg fried rice)

Much love
Xx

Hi H-meally!

I weigh in on a Thursday evening too, Pretty rubbish because I'm always so worried about what I eat during the day, although that may well be a good thing!
Miatai - your awards are amazing, in such a short amount of time too, you should be so proud of yourself, it's not easy to keep focused is it? Do you attend a class? or follow the plan from home?

It's half term here which means a week off for me :) think my activity levels may have dropped off a bit this week though, I've just made a whole load of Syn free butternut squash soup, it's in the slow cooker right now, so that's lunch sorted for the next few days.

I've been reading a great thread on here about Success Express and I'm going to give it a shot next week, I'm off to Aldi this afternoon to stock up on fruit, veg and meat, I'd never stepped foot inside an Aldi until last weekend and it was so cheap compared to Sainsbury's I was :eek:

Hope everyone else has a good day, good luck to everyone weighing in too.

x

I didn't get to go to WI on Thursday night so I went this morning instead.
I managed 4lbs off which means I got my 1/2 stone sticker!!! AND slimmer of the week! I was so happy because I've been so bloated this last week. I know I won't have as big of a weight loss next week because of going back to he evening class, but even if it's a maintain I'll be happy!

You can wait to eat after weighing if you want to. I always find that eating a meal beforehand adds an extra pound or so. It doesn't really matter but I would try to do the same each week so that you are consistent and then you'll get a more true account of your losses.

Back