Extra Easy new to SW - advice please from you nice people!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ktpumps, 6 June 2010 Social URL.

1. ktpumps

ktpumps Member

Hi everyone

have been lurking and getting some great tips on these threads...have been doing SW EE for just over 2 weeks now and am happy with it, although I've only lost 2 1/2lbs...

Anyway, knew I was going out for lunch yesterday and tried to be good but failed miserabley :sigh:

had mussels in a tomato broth to start (but with gorgeous garlic bread), then <whispers> fish and chips for the main...my dd did help me out with half the chips and it wasn't a massive portion, but still. It was yummy. Also had 2 glasses of white wine.

When I came home I tried to redeem myself and had a free salad for dinner...but then 'discovered' an easter egg and ATE THE WHOLE THING. :mad:

I am mad at myself. I have started fresh today and so far have had all bran with fruit, and made a pot of free veg soup (sweet potatoes, fennel, parsnip, onions, red pepper, can tomatoes, chicken stock and lots of herbs/spices) and am feeling fine...

my question is this - when you've had a 'relapse' like I did yesterday, do you still include syns in the next day's food or do you avoid them for a few days? I was just going to have the soup for my dinner tonight and maybe a muller light and fruit afterwards, and if I need to I'll snack on fruit. Is it necessary to have syns every day, or are they an optional extra?

TIA ! :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    its up to you really. You could do that or wipe the board clean and start again. I count my syns on a weekly basis and deduct them from the total on a daily basis. I find it gives me more flexibility on the weekend and I can spoil myself a alittle bit more without going haywire syns wise.

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Whatever you decide to do you should still have at least 5 syns a day.

5. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I'd draw a line and stay with minimal syns, as Circes said.. 5 today. Have you tried alternating the days a bit? Try doing 2 Red days, then 2 EE ones for a week, see if that makes a difference with your losses. Good luck anyway and try and stay away from the wine, lol.. thats the worst syns, if you are like me, one glass leads to 5 glasses!! lol x

6. ktpumps

ktpumps Member

Thanks for the replies!

Circes - I've 'seen' you on MN....! (hope it's ok to say that)

Have been doing well since Sunday - probably having no more than 5 syns a day and that's just the agave sweetener I use in my tea, haven't had anything else..feeling hopeful! Have just read that I should be adding 1/3 superfree foods to every meal, even if my food already has superfree foods in it? Tonight I had spag bol, made with celery, carrots and mushrooms in it, made from scratch so free...should I be now sitting eating something superfree too?

I'm not hungry any more! :confused:

7. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    All of your meal KT, had SF foods in it, and I'd sy that was ok, just make sure you have sf fruit after and you'll be meeting that quota hun x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.