New to SW after LL

Mandee

Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking around on here for a week or two and wanted to properly say hi!

I did Lighterlife last February to June and lost 7st, 3 of which I have put back on. I'm on my 5th day of Slimming World after trying Weight Watchers and even hiring a dietician (who put me on Slimfast! WTF?!).

I am doing well so far and am finding the freedom such a nice change from the restrictions of diets I have done in the past.

This forum really convinced me to give SW a try after seeing all of your fantastic successes.

Hope to get to know you all much better as the weeks go on!

Any tips that have helped you through your journeys?

PS If you are curious (or like me...just totally nosey!) there are some before and after pics in my album.

hey welcom hun!! wish u lots of success in your journey x

Hi and welcome, sw is a great diet. Good luck with your weightloss journey. How did you find lighter life?

Welcome Hunny I am new to SW after WW I no what you mean about the freedom its crazy!

Good luck with your christmas goals xx :)

Hello and welcome! I have started SW, following on from CD and I have to say I am loving it!! It's my first week and it's just so lovely eating healthily!!

Good luck on your journey and let us know how you get on x

Welcome to SW!!! Ive done both LL and CD and would much rather the good old SW at the end of the day!!!
Keep at it and you will get results....they wont be as quick as LL, but at least it stays off longer as you are re-educating yourself with eating!
Good luck on your journey!!

Kerry-Ann
xx

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Betty - honestly Lighterlife is really not that bad but it's true that your first time is golden. Once you have food again it's SO hard to do again. I've tried to go back to abstinence a few times since I finished but found it SO hard! I think if you have a really really large amount of weight to lose it's great because the weight does come off really quickly but once it's over it's hard to keep it off and going back to food is quite scary. Just my opinion from my experience though!

I am about to start SW on Thursday as thats the first class near to me. I worry about liquid diets just being a short fix because at some point you have to eat food and it seems so many then go back to how they were. SW seems to educate you about food and you don't seem to have to give anything up which has to be a good thing.

Back