New to SW, can someone help me?!

I am 2 and a half stone over my goal weight - does slimming world work for everyone or just really obese people?

I looked through the slimming world guide and on the extra easy plan you're allowed unlimited pasta, rice, beans etc?? :S I've been doing it since Saturday and it just sounds too good to be true!! It seems like more than I would usually eat :/ and do you have to use your syns everyday?? Because I could probably live without them but a friend told me you have to use them or the diet won't work???

This is what I've had today -

B/fast - fruit salad, 2xnimble slices toasted (healthy extra b), beans, bacon, grilled tomatoes, fried egg (made with fry-lite)
Lunch - fruit salad, 2 x mini babybell (healthy extra a)
Dinner - 2 x chicken breast, brocoli, cauliflower, carrots, roasted potatoes and mashed potatoes and some gravy (syn)

Have I ate correctly today or am I doing it wrong? How can I eat all this and still lose weight?!!

Confuseeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!

As long as you dry roasted/used frylight on your potatoes and trimmed all visible fat/skin from the meat I think it's a lovely menu.
if you eat until you are full, you'll be fine.
Good luck

Looks good to me hun !

Syns - you can have 5 to 5 each day ( you choose). I would say either use them as snacks or incorporate into meals ( eg olive oil)
SW works for everyone but it just takes a bit of getting used and key is eat until you are satisfised not stuffed but full)
Drink plenty water and make sure if you are doing EE ythat you fill 1/3 plate with superfree

Loads of recipes, diaries, hints & tips on here and good luck on your SW journey

Lisa xx

Thanks for your replies!! So hard to believe I can eat this much and still lose weight :D slimming world might be the new perfect diet plan !! xxx

Do you have any target members in your group? It must be working for them too....... I am quite suprised by all the people at sw looking trim. They say you have to have at least 5 syns so that your body doesn't go into starvation mode and hold onto all the fat stores that it can. Also makes it easier to stick to the diet I think. It does feel like the perfect diet plan yes! good luck for your first weigh in.

I feel the same, I just started on Friday and it feels like I've been eating loads I can't believe I can eat all this pasta and potatoes and lose weight I must admit I'm not convinced yet!

Hi Signal.Firex SW does work as long as you follow the plan but it doesn't work the same for everybody. By that I mean that personally Extra Easy works very slowly or not at all for me, and I personally get better losses with Original and Green days (but I still occasionally have extra easy days) I also lose weight best if I have most days less than or up to 15 syns, but I'm allowed one day with a few more (usually a saturday) but over the week my total syns are equivelent to 15 syns per day (SW used to advocate this but now they don't) So, in my long and rambling way I am saying- yes, SW does work. You can eat all that and lose weight but you may need to find out what works best for you be that EE, original or Green, and how may syns works best. I would say start at 15 syns per day and use them and enjoy them and if weight losses slow down or stop then you can try swapping down to 10.

Good luck with SW

yep slimming world works for everyone, I lost 2.5 stone to get to my target and can still lose if I do the plan properly, must admit I'm a lot more free and easy since hitting target;)

Can you save your syns up for like a certain day? I haven't been using any of mine because I just don't feel hungry enough and I'd just be eating them for the sake of it! But it's my friend's birthday on Thursday and we're going out for dinner (and alcohol!) so I was thinking I could save up my syns and use them all then? Would that work? :confused:

I feel the same, I just started on Friday and it feels like I've been eating loads I can't believe I can eat all this pasta and potatoes and lose weight I must admit I'm not convinced yet!

I'm not convinced either! I feel like I'm eating more now than I ever was! Lets wait and see... Good luck for your first weigh in :D

yep slimming world works for everyone, I lost 2.5 stone to get to my target and can still lose if I do the plan properly, must admit I'm a lot more free and easy since hitting target;)

Congratulations, that's brill :D which plan were you on?

Can you save your syns up for like a certain day? I haven't been using any of mine because I just don't feel hungry enough and I'd just be eating them for the sake of it! But it's my friend's birthday on Thursday and we're going out for dinner (and alcohol!) so I was thinking I could save up my syns and use them all then? Would that work? :confused:

Yes you can! I used to well, had to do this being a student and my many nights out :p and with my then obsession with nandos I used to always save up my syns! I followed slimming world just before Christmas and I lost 12lbs in 6 weeks (could of been better) but i timed it wrong and started when freshers week was approaching in university haha!

I followed mostly green days because I love my carbs etc! best of luck to you! xxxx

It does work and all 3 plans work if you follow them correctly. Some do seem to work better for some people though. I found red days work well but I get hungry more on those and the saying goes, if you are feeling hungry a lot on SW then you are doing it wrong! Green days work well for me as I fill up on foods that keep me satisfied longer and at the same time they are foods that the body burns it up well so it results in a weight loss. Remember you must keep the fire burning or you wont lose much, ie eat lots!! EE is fantastic but you must eat 1/3 superfree every meal and try to snack on superfree foods as well. When I stick to doing that I always have a good loss despite feeling like I've not stopped eating all week and had lots of meat and carbs together. Dont over fill yourself, eat until satisfied and you'll lose. Good luck, it really works no matter what shape or size you are. Syns are there if you need them not a neccessity. It's a good idea to have at least 5 a day otherwise if you deprive yourself of all your favourite foods that got you wanting to start Slimming World in the first place then at some point along the way you are likely to end up either on a binge or giving up completely. So little and often of something extra nice helps. For me it's chocolate and I have a Freddo or something each day and that keeps the cravings in check. Dont look at syns as a target, if you dont need 15 each day, dont have 15, but you can if you want to and still lose. I have the best losses when I've avergaged 10-15 a day. hth xx

I mainly followed extra easy with some green days which were easier for shifts at work. If you struggle to use syns incorporate them into your meals. They are an important part of the plan ?

Back