NEW TO SW ( doing it from home) any advice very welcome :-)

tazzbaby

Hi everyone, I am just new to slimming world and going to try it from home as i dont have the time to go to meetings.
I have quite alot of weight to lose (5ish stone) and i am thinking of trying red days for most of the week and having a green day or 2 in between.

I have tried almost every diet fad known and failed. I am hoping SW is the answer as i have seen soo many success stories.

I can be quite a fussy eater but i do like most meats, veggies and fruits and i will most likely struggle so any help and advice oh and meals ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi, I do SW from home. I am still fairly new and still understanding things. I usually tend to keep my meals free and use my syns on an extra slice of bread or sauces. But majority of the time I keep my meals free and try to use my syns on snacks .. which I struggle with because I don't generally snack anyway as i'm not hungry between meals.
My usual breakfasts are fat free yogurt and fruits (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants) with a slice of toast (HExB) topped with banana .. or porridge oats (HExB) and banana.
Lunch I usually if i haven't had toast in the morning I will have a sandwich, 1 slice HExB and 1 slice syned .. either cheese (HExA) or sandwich chicken slices (o.5 syn each) sometimes I may have carrot and cucumber sticks on the side. Sometimes I may do jacket potato with cheese (HExA) and beans.
Tea usually consists of chicken or fish with plenty of veg on the side, or I may do a stirfry or spaghetti in passatta topped with cheese allowance if not had cheese in my other meals. I do try to vary it really.

thank u, FloralFlower. Im sitting trying to make a weeks meal plan just now and kind of struggling with lunch and breakfasts.

Hi! I do slimming world at home also. I'm new here and new to slimming world. I find this site helpful, even just browsing through to read inspirational posts and advice or to pop in for a chat/question or boast! !
I'm finding the food easy and filling and have taken most of the recipes from back copies of the sw magazine. Typically, breakfast will be eggs with ham or bacon, fruit, yoghurt and occasionally cereal. I tend to use my hex's at lunchtime for homemade soup and a sandwich with some fruit. Dinners are always family friendly, so chicken/pasta/fish with veggies. If I need to snack, I'm managing on fruit for now but know from experience I'll get bored of that!
My syns are used mostly in the evenings for crisps or maybe a slice of toast or something sweet.
To be honest, I'm still kind of winging it! Not entirely sure of the rules of hexa and hexb or syns. Do you need to have them to see a loss??!
We will get there I'm sure! Good luck!

Thanks Beauty is. Ive found loads of really nice recipes in here. Getting bored of the same thing is my main problem so trying to find at least 14 days worth of different things to keep things different then i will see what else i can find. Im unsure on the Hex, i think its meant to be 2xA and 2xB on the red plan!! maybe someone can point us in the right direction lol
Good luck 2 u aswell

Haha! I suppose as long as we loose, it doesn't really matter. I'm not familiar with red and green days but see it talked about lots on here. I follow the extra easy plan. Is that a different plan entirely then?! I thought it was just one hex a and one b. I'll need to do some more research I think!!

EE is different to red and green plan. On EE you have 1 HExA and 1 HExB. Not sure on the others as have never followed them. But I know its different. Think it is two of each a day or 1 of one and 2 of the other.

Thank you. That's kind of what I've been doing but don't always have them. Are you advised to make sure you have both each day or does that not matter so much to ensure a loss?

You need both yes. Also a lot on here tend to use 5-10 syns a day to help with weight loss

As I've seen said before they are there to be used

Hi I do red days an green sometimes as extra easy dose not work for me yes it's 2 healthy as an two bs with red and green your red is all your meat fish poultry veg fruit an green is all your rice pasta grains. Will try to help with any jest ions anything I don't know I'm sure someone will

Hi, I'm starting slimming world from home this week. On day 3 so far! OH is currently eating a kebab while I stalk SW food online haha #feelingproud :thankyouthankyou:I have attended classes before but too difficult this time with shifts. For meal Ideas I look around Instagram. I find it easier to see a food. If it looks good I'll look up recipe or write down the ideas. Good place to start in the official slimming world one as they post good weight loss stories (these are the people to stalk lol) and meal ideas! You can do this without an account cause I don't have one:) hope this helps and good luck! My weigh in day will be a Monday if you wanna swap results! Nat X

I'm getting back to slimming world trying the scanbran challenge this week, just cooked the lemon/vanilla cake. I've made the toffee and chocolate scanbran cake and the carrot cake all good Put on 16 lb in the last year. I got to target in 2012 losing nearly 7 stone. And maintained for 3 years but moving house job and organising a wedding has cause me to lose focus back on it now

I have been a member since 2011. And I've been up n down rejoicing more times thanni can remember.it's embarrassing everytime. I've become a joke member

So I basically do the plan from home. I lost 2 and half stone since Xmas and it may feel slower but I feel more in control and I know it's part of everyday life now.

So any tips or advice i am always available xxx

I have been a member since 2011. And I've been up n down rejoicing more times thanni can remember.it's embarrassing everytime. I've become a joke member

So I basically do the plan from home. I lost 2 and half stone since Xmas and it may feel slower but I feel more in control and I know it's part of everyday life now.

So any tips or advice i am always available xxx
Hi, I have also decided to do this from home as just can't afford the fee anymore... How do you manage to get the syn values without access to the app?

EE is different to red and green plan. On EE you have 1 HExA and 1 HExB. Not sure on the others as have never followed them. But I know its different. Think it is two of each a day or 1 of one and 2 of the other.

I'm glad someone explained it! I've heard a lot of discussion about 'red days', 'green days' and 'EE' days, and I was so confused! I got the books via ebags from (I think) the official Slimming World account (I got a voucher for 2 free meetings included), and teh information in the books only describes the EE plan, and the food diary sheets that came with it are EE. I'm yet to got to my first meeting, where I'm sure this will all be explained, but the way I have been doing it so far is lots of fruit n veg, 2 'HexB' options and 1 HexA' option, counting anything extra as syns. Is that the way most people do it?

As an aside, bought some fresh pork shanks with rosemary sprig from Aldee the other day, would these be classed as a free food as they are meat, or would I have to syn?

Thanks!

Back