Help with SlimmingWorld

S33W

i am new to this group have been doing SW For 10 years plus got to my ideal weight then unfortunately took eye off ball due to operation since then really struggling to shift any weight just keep maintaining or put on 1lb then off again I have been doing food diaries and can say hand on heart stuck to plan 100%( not big fan of veg but eat what I can) very fussy eater I excercise 10 mins a day 7 days a week, plus walk dog 30 to 40 mins everyday also count every syn but still nothing the SW consultant has checked food diary and confirmed all ok and can’t find anything wrong

happy to share food diary if anyone wants to see

Can anyone PLEASE HELP

Hey S33W

I've been where you are. I'm also a SW goer. If you would like to post your diaries here with us and post a daily food diary and we can see what we can do to help. I maintained for 2 months last year only to discover that I was eating a 12 syn bagel for lunch most days not a hexb! 🙈

It could be something simple. Some people even post up pictures of their daily food as it helps them keep accountable.

Bean an Tí (admin)

i am new to this group have been doing SW For 10 years plus got to my ideal weight then unfortunately took eye off ball due to operation since then really struggling to shift any weight just keep maintaining or put on 1lb then off again I have been doing food diaries and can say hand on heart stuck to plan 100%( not big fan of veg but eat what I can) very fussy eater I excercise 10 mins a day 7 days a week, plus walk dog 30 to 40 mins everyday also count every syn but still nothing the SW consultant has checked food diary and confirmed all ok and can’t find anything wrong

happy to share food diary if anyone wants to see

Can anyone PLEASE HELP
I'm sw also, however I'm back to square one again so back again. If I can help I will. Do you like any type of veg?
Have you considered doing a sp day? I did that a few times to kick start my system.

Hey S33W

I've been where you are. I'm also a SW goer. If you would like to post your diaries here with us and post a daily food diary and we can see what we can do to help. I maintained for 2 months last year only to discover that I was eating a 12 syn bagel for lunch most days not a hexb! 🙈

It could be something simple. Some people even post up pictures of their daily food as it helps them keep accountable.

Bean an Tí (admin)
Thank you will post diary for this week 🙂

Food diary

(S)
Breakfast
B. 45g shreddies mini weighted
A 250 ss milk measured
A Half fat cheese (6 syns deducted from main meal) as per receipt

Lunch
Lettuce leaves
Onions
Spring onions
Chicken slices
Lighter than light Mayo 1tbsp (measured) 1/2 Syn
Whole meal wrap 6 syns
Chicken fillet
Crab sticks (16)

Dinner
SW Homemade Mac n cheese peppers mushrooms onions (as per recipe)
Dried spices/herbs
Crust less quiche (cheese free) ham, egged , peppers mushrooms onions
Spuds thinly sliced added to top/bottom
Lettuce leaves
Tomatoes
Cucumber

Weight watches cake slice 4 1/2 syns

Apple 🍏

Total syns 11

—————————-
(M)
Breakfast
A 250 ml ss milk measured
A cheese as per Mac n cheese 50% reduced fat 50g (checked) grated
B 2 x weetbix biscuits

Apple
Skyr (Aldi) 1/2 Syn
Benefit bar 3
Tesco cold chicken fillet
Seafood sticks

Lunch
Lettuce leaves
Onions
Spring onions
Cucumber
Tomato’s
Light than light Mayo (measured) 1/2 Syn
Chicken chunks plain
Dried spices
Fat feee cottage cheese (teaspoon)

Dinner
Left over Mac n cheese (SW) with peppers mushrooms onions
Tuna
Salad leaves
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Onions
Carotid
Tuna (spring water)

Celebration Chocolate 2

Total syns 6

————-
(T)
Breakfast
40g mini weetbix Choc chip (weighed)
250 ss milk (measured)

Apple 🍏
Skinny whip 4 1/2 syns
Aldi skyr 1/2 vanilla
Chicken fillet
Crab sticks

Lunch
Cous cous
1tbsp light chilli sauce 1 Syn
Lettuce leaves
Onion
Spring onion
Cucumber
Tomatoes
Carrots
Heinz balsamic salad dressing 4 sprays (10 equals 1/2 Syn)
Aldi salmon flakes

Dinner
Pork reduced fat medallions (visible fat removed)
SW sweet and sour sauces (pre made Iceland’s)
White Rice (plain)
Onions
Spring onions
Carrots

Total syns 6

——————
(W)
Breakfast
45g mini shreddies (Aldi’s) weighed
250 ss milk (measured)

Apples 🍏
Skinny whip mint 4 1/2 syns
Celebration chocolate 2 syns
Benefit bar 3 syns

Lunch
Pasta
Tuna (spring water)
Lettuce
Toms
Cucumber
Lighter than light Mayo 1tbsp 1/2 syn
Onions

Dinner
5% less fat mince
Pasta
SW beef ragu
Carrots
Onions
Mushrooms
Dried spices
Jalapeños
Side salad

Total syns 10

——————
(T)
Breakfast
40g mini weetbix weighed
250 ss milk measured

Apples 🍏
Alpen light 3 syns
Kvarg 1/2 syn
Chicken fillet

Lunch
Seafood sticks
Cous couse
Mixed salad
Light chill sauce 1 tbsp (measured) 1 syn
Jalapeños
Toms
Cucumber
Onions
Beetroot

Dinner
Turkey breast
SW Tika Malsalya ready made Iceland sauce
Plain rice
Tesco onion Bharji mini 1 syn each x1

Celebration chocolate 2
Seafood sticks

Total syns 7 1/2

——————
(F)

Breakfast
2 x weetbix biscuits. Weighed
250 SS milk. Measured
40g reduced fat cheese weighed

Skinny whip 4 1/2 syns
Apple 🍏

Lunch
Tuna
Mixed salad
Plain dried noodles
Lighter than light Mayo 1 tbsp 1/2 syn measured

celerbration choc 2 syns

Dinner
Pasta
Onions
Mixed salad
Peppers
Jalapeños
knor tomato and chilli stock pot (checked free)

Total Syns 7

I'm sw also, however I'm back to square one again so back again. If I can help I will. Do you like any type of veg?
Have you considered doing a sp day? I did that a few times to kick start my system.
Thanks any help will be great , I eat veg as a push mushrooms, onions, peppers , peas , carrots but generally only eat them if mixed in the food 🙂 have side salad with most meals and lunch

Your diet is good and varied. I don't think you are eating enough speed food at mealtimes, I'm not a professional, I'm just a dieter like yourself. You're not a fan of veg so I think what you are putting on your plate is minimal at mealtimes. It should be a good third of your plate, maybe even more...... I'm not judging and I might be talking crap but here's a suggestion.

Try to put your speed veggies on your plate first, before anything else. Then place your meat and potatoes (or whatever you have on the menu) onto the speed veg, this will allow whatever sauce you are using to flavour your vegetables too. I think it could make a difference.

I'm actually envious of your breakfast, I really am 😂😂 try adding an extra piece of fruit to them it will all help.

I often chop up an apple in chunks and an orange and cover them in a ff yogurt for extra speed food and its yummy

I'd put the speed on your mealtime plate first and I bet things will move then

Your diet is good and varied. I don't think you are eating enough speed food at mealtimes, I'm not a professional, I'm just a dieter like yourself. You're not a fan of veg so I think what you are putting on your plate is minimal at mealtimes. It should be a good third of your plate, maybe even more...... I'm not judging and I might be talking crap but here's a suggestion.

Try to put your speed veggies on your plate first, before anything else. Then place your meat and potatoes (or whatever you have on the menu) onto the speed veg, this will allow whatever sauce you are using to flavour your vegetables too. I think it could make a difference.

I'm actually envious of your breakfast, I really am 😂😂 try adding an extra piece of fruit to them it will all help.

I often chop up an apple in chunks and an orange and cover them in a ff yogurt for extra speed food and its yummy

I'd put the speed on your mealtime plate first and I bet things will move then
Hi thank you for your comments all helps and taken on boarded don’t like fruit in cereal so my plan is to start having a mixed fruit pot just after and will give it a go and will cut done on pasta intake but don’t really like anything else rice sneaks with cous cous now and again let’s hope this week is better 🤞

Your diary looks ideal. I would say there is a lack of speed in parts but you are on free food and bang on point with syns etc. What I would think would maybe you could try an SP week to see will it help flush your system. I know I do them every so often when I'm feeling sluggish and help to boost my losses refresh my body.
Make a big list of all the speed food you eat and plan around them. Im very fussy myself. Unless it's covered in curry sauce I won't eat much veg and my salads consist of lettuce, cucumber and peppers 🙈

So this week started well (will continue) breakfast added grapefruit (half) before cereal choice and as I don’t like fruit with cereal made up pot of fresh fruit (strawberries apple plumbs few grapes) have those just after lunch added more speed food (mainly salad etc but upped portions) dinner reduced portion size but upped speed fingers x a week of this will work lol

So this week started well (will continue) breakfast added grapefruit (half) before cereal choice and as I don’t like fruit with cereal made up pot of fresh fruit (strawberries apple plumbs few grapes) have those just after lunch added more speed food (mainly salad etc but upped portions) dinner reduced portion size but upped speed fingers x a week of this will work lol
Good for you. You can do this. Your doing everything you can to make this work. Smile and look forward to a healthier you.
I'm delighted that you upped your speed food. Your doing great.

First weigh since my changes first loss in months. -2ib happy with that will keep on with the extra speed /fruit thanks for all advice on this page very helpful will keep tuning in

That's brilliant. It's so great to see the number finally change on the scales!

First weigh since my changes first loss in months. -2ib happy with that will keep on with the extra speed /fruit thanks for all advice on this page very helpful will keep tuning in
Good for you, well done

Back