Wally's Got to Get it Done Exante Diary

Gem - the water flavourings I am now buying are the ones they stock at my local Kroger and Publix stores. They have just started an extra vitamin and energy range - all for zero calories. So I got all the flavours and have just finished a glass of blueberry lemonade flavoured water! Its much better than plain water and makes me drink more.
Oh they sound lovely Wally ☺️ Wish they sold it here.

Day 42 - weigh in day today! I have lost 2.5 lbs for a total of 30.5 for 6 weeks. I am happy and chuffed and have treated myself to a new workout outfit to celebrate. Unfortunately I am celebrating in agony with my period and I cannot seem to shake it this month - but nonetheless, I have given up yet. I am rocking down to the next goal and working my way through the 240s.
Hope you are all also doing great and not suffering with the weather or lockdown.

Hope everyone is doing amazing today! we had sunshine yesterday, so we went for a few long walks and it was lovely to get some fresh air.
The plan here is going very smoothly at the moment, yesterday I had porridge, Butternut squash soup and then a chicken salad (slightly too much chicken) with a hard boiled egg and the scales are still a pound and a half lighter this morning so I am very happy about that.
I am counting down the days until my birthday meal - so now I have 9 days to go (not that I am excited or anything :p) and I am on track! I have already hit my target for January - so just working now to lose a few extra to put me in good stead for February (short month - need all the help I can get).
I am now officially 31lbs down - so I have rewarded myself with a lovely new pair of leggings and matching top to walk/run in (and it was a size down!). My next target is 40lbs down - for which I am lookng forward to a large woodwick candle in a nice spring scent (just have to save up for that - because they are pretty expensive here!).

I read yesterday that each dress size is about 15-20lbs when you are larger and then reduces to 5-10lb when you get nearer your target weight. I have gone down one dress size, but I am not quite at the next one - I think I have at least another 15lb to go before I get into my smaller jeans and I am so looking forward to it.

Hope y'all have a wonderful and positive Sunday

I've completely lost touch with how many days its been - suffice to say, I am still on plan and going strong. Things are still working for me! I have been incorporating a few meals here and there - mainly chicken breast and salad and it has not hindered my weight loss at all.
It has turned a little cooler here and therefore, drinking my water has proved a little more challenging, as has drinking cold shakes - but I am still managing. The one thing I am doing which helps with that is drinking some of the shakes hot (such as the Vanilla Almond, Cinnamon and salted caramel.) I also got given some water enhancer that is fortified with caffeine for extra energy - so that has helped a little.
My husband has decided that 'we' might like to attempt a marathon in October :rolleyes: I am resisting so far - but I am imagining that he will drag me along with him if he does -so I may need to up my endurance runs just to keep up!

Otherwise -hope you are all doing okay with lockdown and all the choas that surrounds us at the moment. Even if it is just food - its nice to be in control of something.

Thanks for all the motivation!

Debbie I know what you mean, I dont even tell my family when I am dieting as I am so used to falling off the wagon. This time, I was speaking to my son and he asked me why I was drinking the shakes and I told him it was because I was fat, of course, he said all the right things (well trained by his father) about how wonderful, beautiful and clever I was, but actually saying it out loud and being honest with him and myself was so important. The pressure we put on ourselves is tremendous - but you just have to take it one day at a time and every win is a bonus! Let us know how you get on - and dont be put off by the lads weightloss - men lose weight so quickly.....I dont know where it goes 🤷‍♀️
Wallywithabrolly what an inspirational woman you are. I have just read all of these and it is really encouraged me but also made me realise I am not alone with the starting, restarting etc and not telling family/friends because I am always trying something. I am thinking of starting exante I have done other shake plans but feel I need a fresh start. Based in what you have tried what are the shakes like? What about the bars and anything else?

HI Fatmumof1 - I think the Exante shakes, bars and meals are, on the whole, pretty good. Like everything, you'll find ones you love and ones you dont, but if you try as many as you can, you will find there are enough you love to keep it interesting.

Exante have stopped shipping to the USA, so I am calorie counting again until either they change their minds or I move back to the UK. The meal replacement plans over here are not as good (no shepherds pie or Spagbol!). So over the last two months I have been calorie counting I have lost a stone, so slower progress but not too shabby.

I dont know who wrote the weightloss rules, but it isnt straightforward, linear or easy. You should start, restart as many times as you like and tell only who you feel comfortable doing so. You should be proud that you are always trying to get to your goal, not ashamed because the last thing didn't work.

Good Luck

HI Fatmumof1 - I think the Exante shakes, bars and meals are, on the whole, pretty good. Like everything, you'll find ones you love and ones you dont, but if you try as many as you can, you will find there are enough you love to keep it interesting.

Exante have stopped shipping to the USA, so I am calorie counting again until either they change their minds or I move back to the UK. The meal replacement plans over here are not as good (no shepherds pie or Spagbol!). So over the last two months I have been calorie counting I have lost a stone, so slower progress but not too shabby.

I dont know who wrote the weightloss rules, but it isnt straightforward, linear or easy. You should start, restart as many times as you like and tell only who you feel comfortable doing so. You should be proud that you are always trying to get to your goal, not ashamed because the last thing didn't work.

Good Luck
Thankyou so much for replying and the advice my order is in and I am ready to go. It's a shame you cant get exante delivered to the USA at the moment x

Back