New to SW

Lizzie1901

Hi everyone, I'm new to minimins and joined Slimming World last night. Does anyone have any tips? I used to do WW, but didn't get on with the restrictions. I've got two stone to lose. Here's to seeing less of me!! x

hiya lizzie im new here and am going to my first sw meeting tonight, i, like you, used to do wwers and am trying to get my head around sw. iv also got two stone to lose and cant wait to see the weight drop off :):) good luck with your sw journey :)

Hey newbie! Im a newbie to!
Ive done SW before and loved it. read the books and look for recipes, you will be just fine. I rejoined in January with a little bit of successs, but have just discovered mini-mins- how amazing is this site!!! so much support available it would seem.
My main tips are- ALWAYS ensure you have your healthy 'a' choice and healthy 'b' choice- (and make sure you weigh and measure them!) these are what help keep your body functioning as it should!!! ALWAYS aim to fill your plate with 2/3rd superfree foods and eat that first before you eat the rest of your meal. The superfree will make you feel full on less calories!!! NEVER tell yourself you cant have something. no food is out of bounds at all, you just have to learn to control it- if you want some cake, do it- but count the syns and adjust the rest of your day around it!- if you want that takeaway- well thats ok, but make wiser choices where you can and get straight back on plan the next day!!
oh and the last one....if you to a group- stay to group! it will help you :)

Good luck xxx

Hi. Good luck with your journey too. Let me know how you find your first week. x

Hi.. I'm fairly new to slimming world and to this site.. i have tried my fair share different diets in the past and had no luck but found SW to be the best.. I'm on my 5 th week and my next weigh in is tomoz and have list a total of 18 lbs with them... I have got a long way to go yet but it's worth it if I can stick with it.. Good luck =)

Hi I'm also new, joined SW last Tuesday and lost 2 pounds at my first weigh in last night :). Have joined this as I find my motivation slips as the weeks go by!!

Im doing the SW plan + 2 body pump classes + 1 metafit.

Hoping this will get the pounds off!!

Hi I'm also new, joined SW last Tuesday and lost 2 pounds at my first weigh in last night :). Have joined this as I find my motivation slips as the weeks go by!!

Im doing the SW plan + 2 body pump classes + 1 metafit.

Hoping this will get the pounds off!!

Morning.. Congrats on the first weigh on.. I joined this for the same reason as I have tend to loose focus after the first few weeks, just hope this helps me carry on =)

im new to sw too started thursday so good luck and keep positive :) i used to do ww too so its a bit hard getting my head around no restrictions and being full all the time but so far ive tried lots of new recipes and im loving it! i just hope its actually working and im not over eating x

Hey guys I've just joined too! I too am hoping it will be a bit more user friendly than I found weight watchers, I think my problem is that I have a hectic job and tend to "graze" all day so need to really focus on planning and prep and making a big fruit salad in the morning to graze on rather than biscuits and chocolate! whoops :p Excited by all the recipes I am finding on here though, hoping the nice food will be my "thinspiration"! Good luck :) x

Good luck everyone. I lost 2lbs at my first weigh in yesterday too. Here's to all of us having a successful week... x

I lost half a pound, this wasnt expected though because my daughter was poorly and i gave up midweek! I plan on aiming for 2 lb this week, im on day 5 of 30ds and starting c25k again on friday! So this shouls aid with my weighloss too i hope x

Back