New to this section so saying hello!

Caz

Repeat Offender
I was on the Cambridge Diet about 12-18 months ago and did fairly well, lost 3 or so stone but then finances and situations changed and I didn't carry it on or even maintain really. So I'm starting again but I can't afford to do CD so I'm just doing a healthy balanced diet and hoping that I'll find it easier to keep up!

I've got a LOT of weight to lose and I'm running out of excuses for failing to lose it so... I Mean It This Time!! I've got about 7 stone that I want to get rid of so I'm here for the long haul and think I could do with some support so figured I'd join in in this forum as I used minimins when I was on CD and it was an absolute god send!

So... hi! A little about me I guess... I'm Caroline and I'm 24. I finished uni last year and went off to teach in Thailand for 5 months and been back a few weeks now. I'm working in a pub at the moment which I'm hoping will help with the weight loss as I'm on my feet a lot. But I'm hoping to get into uni for my PGCE to teach Primary for this September and I really don't want to be a fat teacher. I know I won't have lost it all by then but I think if I could lose even a couple by then it would do my confidence the world of good.

I'm back with my parents at the moment but have decided to start cooking for myself a lot more as my mum does fairly big home cooked style meals and I'm not sure it really helps me. So I'm thinking of this being my general daily plan... what do you think??

Breakfast: Cereal/fruit/smoothie (300-350 calories)
Lunch: Wrap/salad etc. (300-400 calories)
Dinner: Dinner which is low GI (500-600 calories)
Evening snack: Snack bar, snack a jacks etc. (80-100 calories)

That's my rough kind of thinking anyway, trying to stick to about 1500 calories a day. And then if I really feel hungry or the need to snack otherwise I'll have fruit. I really want to try and get into a habit of not eating between meals, I've put the evening snack though because I find that's the time I find it the hardest not to eat.

I've not got scales at home at the moment so I've decided not to get some and for now I'm just going to go with it and see how I feel generally. Hopefully I'll notice it in the way my clothes fit even if I'm not weighing myself.

Anyway, I'm rambling so I'll shut up now! Will be trying to join in the chats on here so sure I'll chat to everyone more soon! :)

Hi Caroline, I just wanted to say good luck with your weightloss. Your food plan looks good. Good luck with your first week. x

Hi caroline, best of luck, there's great support on here xx I too am a teacher and have 8 stone to lose but my healthy eating campaign is going well. good luck xx

Hi CG,

I wish you'd told me you were going to Thailand -- my good friend's brother is there teaching English! I could have arranged for you to meet up and he could show you around. He is half Thai and and has learned some of the language in the past few years (single and quite handsome, too). ;)

MM

P.S. I am going to send you a PM.

Oh man, I wish I had! Was always good to meet new people over there! I MIGHT be going back if I don't get on to my PGCE so I'll let you know!

Thank you Emma and Kate, it's great to see so many people doing well on here, good motivation!

Hi CG,

Just checking in. I hope all is well. I wrapped the book and asked my DS to post it on Tuesday. I hope he did! If not, I will when I get back.
I hope you are having lovely weather back in the UK.

MM

Thanks RR :)

Hi Mel, I was just about to message you. I got the book yesterday, thank you! Say thanks to him for posting it for me too :) The weather here is totally horrible, hope you're having better luck!

Hi CG,

Good, I am glad that I will not have to kick his little bum when I get home! ;)

It has been very good -- and yesterday was stunning. We spent the day at Sea World (I wrote a long post in Lorrayne's diary about it, but I will copy and paste it into mine.. where I should have written it). We are off to Grene, Texas where some of the movie "Michael" was filmed. It is a historic German settlement, and it has a monthly market that is this weekend. My BFF has my DD and is taking all the kids (her 3 and my 1) to the mall this afternoon. It isn't as dire as it sounds: her 13 year old has always been an adult (lovely girl), her 10 year old is growing up, and mine is very well behaved. Her five year old boy is a handful, but she manages with the help of the 13 year old! ;0

Anyway, I hope all is well and you find time to read through the SB book. My DH has done so well on it -- and I am using it in combination with some CD products. And, it is how we will maintain our losses.

Sorry about the weather in the UK. When I leave the island it is usually fab!

Mel

You can kick his bum anyway if you really want!

Soooo jealous about Sea World!! Was it good?

I've started having a read through the book but been working a lot so not had the chance to read much. Got a few days off now though so will have a read! Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday knowing I'm very jealous!!

Hi Caroline, good luck with your diet!
Im starting asda's Measure up replacement shakes tomorrow, 1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch then a healthy dinner 600 calories or less!! im really nervous but im 4'9 and weight 11 and half stone i need to get down to about 9 stone!!

Hope your getting on well with your diet :) xxx

p.s i only joined yesterday xx

Hi Chantelle, thanks! :) Good luck to you too! No need to be nervous, you'll get there! And we'll all help as much as we can! :)

Hi CG,

Sea World was wonderful. My friend bought her fmily annual passes -- it is about a 15 minute drive from her house. She plans on taking them all the time -- since it is paid for (incl. parking) she figures they pop in just a show and play in water park area after dinner in the summer months!

Welcome Chantelle -- and good luck. I've not heard anything about the ASDA products, so please let us know what you think. Also, I think you need to go under UserCP and change your height -- it currently reads that you are 4'0" not 4'9" (that will make a big difference in your bmi).

MinnieMel

Ah yes, that would explain why I was so surprised to see Chantelle had such a high BMI for that weight! Well done on the 26lbs you've already lost by the way :)

I'm so so jealous about Sea World! I LOVE those kinds of places, I'd totally buy an annual pass too!

Hi CG,

I wanted to see about booking a dolphin experience for my DD -- but they only do bekuga whale ones here. They are talking abought adding those, so maybe next time. (I'd like to do that, too.)

@Chantelle --
As you new to the forum I thought I'd mention that the century club banner is for people who have already lost over 100 pounds.

MinnieMel

I'd love that! I'm a big fan of all things sea related! When are you back?

Hi CG,

We are flying out at 4:30 p.m (Texas time) and going to Detroit. We'll then fly from Detroit to Heathrow arriving at 10:30 a.m. on Friday. No where near as bad as coming over -- which was London-Amsterdam, Amsterdam-Minneapolis, Minn. - San Antonio. Unreal!

MinnieMel

Ooh too much changing going out there! Well, if I don't speak to you again before then, have a great rest of your trip and a safe journey back!

Back