new to this thread

Hi all, I'm new here so be gentle! Well done to everyone on their achievements. I joined slimming world in April 2008 and have managed to shift 4st 7.5lbs to date and I'm close to target now (or at least the magic number in my head!) and I've been really struggling with losing lately ( last 6 weeks or so I haven't really lost anything) the frustrating thing being that even when I get to my personal 'target', I'm not 100% sure that thats where I'll be content, It's just a number I've plucked from the air after all! In reality I'll only just be in the upper area of the healthy weight range for my height .My consultant knows how frustrated I've been getting and sent me the info through about the 'fast forward' plan which I've been doing since Monday and I have to say I wonder if I was eating enough on the plan before, I tend to stick to red days. Let me explain, I think I'm a bit of a piggy and that I eat large portions and so had been trying to cut back to kickstart the weightloss and reducing my syns to virtually none but even with this I've been really struggling. I'd read up about the 'fast forward' plan and all the horror stories about how it's a 'straightjacket' and very restrictive it was both in terms of choice and in portions size.
As I say I've been doing it since Monday and I think I've been eating a lot more following ff, than I was before, so maybe I'm not the piggy that I thought I was and the weightloss has slowed right down, well stopped really, because I've simply not been eating enough. WI is tonight for me so we will get the verdict then I guess.

Hello and welcome along!!

Your weight loss is fantastic, all credit to you. The last few pounds will come, they will be slower, your body is adjusting but it will happen.

My last half stone took me 6 months but I got there in the end, and you will feel so good when you do.
As for the number, well, see how you feel when you get there, see how you maintain at that weight, there is no problem with dropping your target months or years later if you wish too. I've toyed with dropping mine by half a stone for months now and not made the decision yet, I'm happy where I am!

Well done once again, all I can say is stick with it, stick around on here and go for it! Good luck tonight, let us know how you get on.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far, well done to you.

Hey there hun,

First off congrats on your fantastic weight loss so far! Secondly the thing I tell everyone is are you eating enough? Are you using your syns and HE's. We get all this misinformation from soceity about weight loss in general. Sounds like you are quite motivated at the moment and get a lot of support from your consultant.

Good luck hun xxx

Well done on your loss, its fantastic and you must be soooo proud. The last bit will come off eventually, don't get disheartened and just keep going. Good luck. xx

Thank you all for the welcomes and words of encouragement. I thought I'd let you know that I had lost 3lbs at WI last night which was unbelieveable and, I feel, proof that I've simplt not been eating enough.

Your weightloss is SO impressive! And to lose 3lb at this stage is fantastic! Good one!

After having a massive gain today and feeling really down and disheartned, i read your post and i just want to say well done, you have done so well, you must be so proud of yourself. You have made me think, i had already decided that going it alone was not an option anymore, and i am going to start back at meetings next week. Though i was sitting here thinking, i may as well have some of the bar of choc that is in the fridge, I have changed my mind now and keep on going. This time next year, i could be over 4 stone lighter. Once again congratulations and good luck with the last few pounds. :)

hi

lbushnell05, congrats you're doing amazing.

Are you also on Money Saving Expert by any chance??

Sure I've read you're post somewhere else ;-)

Keep it going you're nearly therexx

Fantastic work and i note just a pound to go to your target. Why not sit there at that weight a while and maintain (after all class is free if you stay 3lb either way) Then you can always set a new target in a few months and you'll probably find losing a little easier again. :)

Back