New to this

LV30

Gold Member
Hello!:sign0144:
Started CD last Friday, and I am so pleased that i've found a forum!!

First time I've ever done any plan like this - although i am serial dieter - this is my first time on the CD. I'm doing SS - and the only thing i'm bothered about is my horrendous bad breath!! (Lucky you aren't anywhere near me!)

So, just wanted to say hello to everyone!!

Lx

Hi LV

:welcome: to the Cambridge Diet Forum!!!

How are you feeling since starting on Friday? You should be in ketosis by now, or well on your way at least :happy096: You're now well on your way to shedding those lbs! :D

Hugs x x x

Hi LV30,

Good luck on your journey.......I started yesterday so hopefully we can be successful together!

Hiya Emma

Thank you for the welcome! I'm feeling ok on it. I had to change some sachets today because there were a few I didn't like - but apart from that I'm doing ok!!

I really can't wait to weigh on Thursday - I've never really been that keen to weight on any other diet i've been on... !!

Cheers,
Lynne

Hi LV30, welcome. I am into my third week and things are going great, over a stone lost already! I have the bad breath thing and my mouth gets dry so I keep a little minty breath spray in my pocket. Good luck on your first week.

Hi LV,

If you've made it this far you are already past the hardest part and are very likely to succeed!!!

You'll find this place a godsend

Hi LV30, :welcome:

I started on Friday as well and my breath is dreadful. I keep thinking that people start to back away from me whenever I talk - I'm hoping it's just in my head but who knows. I ended up having a piece of s/f chewing gum today as I was in York for a meeting and there was nowhere to get any mouth spray - there was no way I could put my customers through a 2 hour meeting (with me doing most of the talking) with the killer breath I had :D:D:D

I've never done CD before and was actually smugly against it before - without really having done any research. Somehow I started researching about it (I was probably bored one evening) and before I knew it I had sent off an email to my local CDC and here I am now on day 5. I have completely changed my mind and believe this is the right thing for me. I want to focus on maintenance and any other diet I've tried is so hard that the only thing I could ever focus on was the journey and the elusive goal. I'm finding this easy as there's little thinking involved (other than choosing flavours) and so my mind is much freer to think about how to not put it back on again.

Not sure if the above makes sense but this has to be the last diet I ever go on! And in order for it to be so I have to figure out how to maintain for life. Not an easy thing to do but I feel that I have more of a chance on CD than on SW for example, where I pretty much learned how to overeat...(not bashing SW, I clearly abused the "free food" bit).

Anyway, I'm rambling. These boards are a godsend. I don't post much but I spend a lot of my time reading posts and getting inspiration from others who have been where we are now.

Good Luck with your weigh - in on Thursday!!

Welcome to CD and the forum LV - keep strong and focussed on what you want to achieve with this diet and it WILL happen for you!

Hey LV,
Just wanted to say welcome and wish you all the best on your CD journey.. Its my first time too on CD and it really is an amazing diet.... I just love it so much..
This forum is fab too so you have definatley come to the right place.
It sounds like you are doing really well so you are definatley on the right route to being SLIM... and watching those pounds drop off..
Good luck and let us know how you get on at your first weigh in .
xx

Welcome along hun! the best first steps you will ever make will have been towards CD!
This place is so friendly so i hope we can all keep you focused and on track!

FAO herewego...i was exactly the same as you with being sceptical! My CDC uses me as an example for other newbies....now, 38lbs off in 6 weeks i'm a bloomin convert! lol. Keep it up! Its worth it
xxx

Hi Everyone!

Well that was a lovely welcome!! Everyone does sound very positive and CD is obviously working quite well.

I'll let everyone know how i get on on my first weigh-in tomorrow.

Lynne
x

I too was cynical when my friend did LighterLife. Seeing her amazing losses in a few short weeks converted me too.
Very best of luck on your journey.
Mx

Back