New to up and down

:)
Persuaded hubby he wanted to eat out today (I really wasn't in the mood for cooking). Took the kids to a local pub and had a grilled chicken and bacon salad. 423 calories. (DD limit supposedly 325) So today became an ID. As all that was in one go so I decided to look at my weekly average of calories and allow myself whatever was left for an evening meal. I think I ended the day on just over 700 and my weekly average was over by just 21.
DD at work tomorrow. Packed already! 3 slices turkey and 9 pomodorino tomatoes for lunch, snack = 5 strawberries, meringue shell and 10g cream, dinner = tuna coronation and half a Warburtons seeded thin (reintroduction to bread - taking it slow), afternoon snack = strawberries etc again. It all comes in at 331 (6 over target) but I know I'll enjoy it.
Hate Monday's. I Teach all day with no breaks (that means no break or lunch either) have a staff meeting before school and staff training until 5 after school. And you can guarantee I need to cater for a new starter, staff member off (rewrite timetable), crisis over the weekend etc. Tuesday's I'm off timetable all day but generally stuck in meeting after meeting or rushing around the primary schools from one side of the city to the other. I'm not sure which is worse!!!

gentoo/aptenny

Hope today surprises you and is not as bad as you feared x

gentoo said:
:)
Persuaded hubby he wanted to eat out today (I really wasn't in the mood for cooking). Took the kids to a local pub and had a grilled chicken and bacon salad. 423 calories. (DD limit supposedly 325) So today became an ID. As all that was in one go so I decided to look at my weekly average of calories and allow myself whatever was left for an evening meal. I think I ended the day on just over 700 and my weekly average was over by just 21.
DD at work tomorrow. Packed already! 3 slices turkey and 9 pomodorino tomatoes for lunch, snack = 5 strawberries, meringue shell and 10g cream, dinner = tuna coronation and half a Warburtons seeded thin (reintroduction to bread - taking it slow), afternoon snack = strawberries etc again. It all comes in at 331 (6 over target) but I know I'll enjoy it.
Hate Monday's. I Teach all day with no breaks (that means no break or lunch either) have a staff meeting before school and staff training until 5 after school. And you can guarantee I need to cater for a new starter, staff member off (rewrite timetable), crisis over the weekend etc. Tuesday's I'm off timetable all day but generally stuck in meeting after meeting or rushing around the primary schools from one side of the city to the other. I'm not sure which is worse!!!

gentoo/aptenny

Food sounds lovely!

Hope today is ok! It's good that you're busy so that you can power on!!!
Keep smiling and I hope that you're ok!

Ruth
X

Oops! DD went really well until I shredded. I then had a small chunk of chocolate as a reward...and then another....and another.... In the end I had two squares of Lindt chocolate and orange and 3 chunks of green & blacks mint fondant. Now I'm upstairs so I can't have anymore (I ache too much to crawl downstairs). Desperate for a drink though. Might have to wash the toothbrush mug out !!! (ewwww)
UD tomorrow - but not a clue what I'm having.

gentoo/aptenny

gentoo said:
Oops! DD went really well until I shredded. I then had a small chunk of chocolate as a reward...and then another....and another.... In the end I had two squares of Lindt chocolate and orange and 3 chunks of green & blacks mint fondant. Now I'm upstairs so I can't have anymore (I ache too much to crawl downstairs). Desperate for a drink though. Might have to wash the toothbrush mug out !!! (ewwww)
UD tomorrow - but not a clue what I'm having.

gentoo/aptenny

Well done on doing the shred. You've probably burnt off the choc so DD was good.

Enjoy your UD tomorrow :)

Oh and by the way a brilliant loss so far. I was starting to become skeptical as to whether this diet was for me, so it's good to read that with perseverance it pays off :D

Hope you've had a lovely day and don't worry about the chocolate!!!!

Ruth
X

Hope you have a good day x

Thanks to everyone who says good luck. I wish I had time to post back on everyone's but I promise I scan through frequently and read your diaries.
It's that time of year when my job gets really stressful - not helped by the insecurity that becoming an academy this September brings. And insecurity/stress = comfort food. Rather than tell myself I can't have my chocolate I've decided to tell myself I can have chocolate. I've set it as a limit - between 3 and 8 chunks a day. (I eat the strong dark green and blacks stuff). It also has to be counted in my calories. This way I am in control of the comfort eating. (or at least that's what I'm telling myself!!!)
Anyway, another stressful day tomorrow and several meetings/presentations to prepare for next week - no test for the wicked. And jillian (of the shred) is next on my HIT list..........

gentoo/aptenny

Good luck hun sorry to hear its a stressfull time at work! Setting urself how many pieces of choc to have is a good idea!

Have a good evening xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Someone has very kindly shared their sore throat! Not happy. :(
On another note, I've just spent some time looking at other diets. Im not an experienced dieter. I attempted once (5 years ago) to lose some weight by calorie counting (I used weightlossresources for support) but after 3-4 months I got bored and gave up. I didn't put any exercise in so I didn't lose after the initial couple of weeks and it certainly made no impact on my size or shape. I can't say I gained it back as such as I don't think I lost enough for it to count!!!
This is the first time I've dietted properly. researched what I'm doing and have made a decision to get to a goal. Ok, I had a false start (Dukan), I'm still tempted by elements of other diets (paleo/primal, Dukan, the skinny rules) but all of those can be built into JUDDD. However, I really don't understand the logic behind some Dietting ideas. Don't get me wrong, if it works, great. Please don't think I'm being a bit thick either (I've actually got a couple of science degrees) but I can't understand why anyone would even assume some diets work better than others.
For example - why would converting calories into WW points or SW Syns mean that diet is more effective than just looking at the calories/content actually in it? I can see how a VLCD works in the short term but not how it can be used to sustain or train a human to survive on real food.
I think I'll go crawl under my soap box and die now!!!

gentoo/aptenny

Sorry to hear about ur throat, hope it feels better soon :)

Diet wise, I think the whole ww, SW way of doing it doesn't mean it works better than calorie counting, i think it's just easier to follow and people need the groups for support, other than that there isn't much difference, I would prefer to calorie count!
Ur right vlcds arnt the best way to teach u how to eat healthy, when I first did lipotrim I lost 2 stone in 8 week and was so chuffed, I jumped straight off it and within a month put it all back on because I hadn't learned how to eat properly, this time on s&s I lost 4 stone and was in the right frame of mind and knew I needed to learn to eat the right things, and I have, it's drummed into me now how I should be eating and I love it :)

Have a lovely day xxx

Morning Gentoo, dieting is a massive industry so companies come along and try to put a different slant on things to sell their plans, books, weight loss products, I am not going to knock any other plans as I have probably tried them all at one point, loved them got bored of them and fed up of not allowing myself this or that and given up. The thing about Juddd that I like is that there are no special products, no membership , no gimmicks its even so easy you don't need the book. It must be the only diet where I have saved on my food bill! Basically I eat the same as everyone else every other day , the other days I hardly eat anything.
Don't worry about not answering everyone, I for one get up really early with my little one and have an hour of quiet time just me and her where I catch up on here and wish everyone a good day, not everyone has time to do that ;)
Hope your day isn't too stressful x

Hi Gentoo and well done on the losses so far.

Hope your throat feels better soon xxx

Have a good day x

Hi hun how u feeling xx

Hope you're feeling ok and that you have a lovely day today too!

Ruth
X

Dying. :(
Summer flu bug with tummy gripes. Crap (sorry) day at work. Cant log onto my laptop to do anything. My own kids got me into trouble at work. And to top it off the first row with my hubby in four years.
On a good note - 261 calories today as I was so grumpy!
Sleeping off the bad mood.
Good luck to everyone else (sorry not read diaries today - will catch up this weekend)

gentoo/aptenny

:bighug: for you xx

Back