New to up and down

gentoo said:
Dying. :(
Summer flu bug with tummy gripes. Crap (sorry) day at work. Cant log onto my laptop to do anything. My own kids got me into trouble at work. And to top it off the first row with my hubby in four years.
On a good note - 261 calories today as I was so grumpy!
Sleeping off the bad mood.
Good luck to everyone else (sorry not read diaries today - will catch up this weekend)

gentoo/aptenny

How on earth did all that happen? Did you walk under a ladder or break a mirror?

Oh no!
I hope it all gets better for you soon!!! Eeeeek!

I hope you have a better day!

Ruth
X

Big hugs hope ur feeling better xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm really struggling. I love crisps, bread, cheese, pasta, potatoes, chips, chocolate - but I've tried to cut them out as they are what are making me bloated. I've introduced potatoes in once or twice a week and chocolate is now "rewarded" but I'm much better off without the others. However, I'm really struggling with calories. I'm at 700 today (up day) and short of eating a bar of chocolate to get it up I'm out of ideas. (yes, I am a really fussy eater). This means I'm not getting my up/down swing. And my weight loss is incredibly erratic.
(two bits of information you need - the day after a DD I'm not hungry and could happily not eat, the day after an UD I crave everything I can find)
I've got a couple of options - but I'm not sure what to go with so looking for suggestions.
1. Switch to calorie counting rather than JUDDD (except I think I'll be in permanent starvation mode as I can't get the calories up).
2. Use the slimfast meal bars to eat as snacks rather than as meals
3. Switch to a vlcd form of diet on the basis that I'm nearly there anyway in terms of calories.
4. Try a different pattern of JUDDD - I read on another website that the pattern could be 2up/2down or 5up/5down and have the same effect. (this is the most tempting at the moment)
Any other ideas guys? Or opinions on which one I should try?

gentoo/aptenny

Ooooh I don't know what to suggest, I am never hungry when I wake up on an UP day but as soon as I eat I find that makes me more hungry? Its very difficult to try and get cals into your day when you don't eat the staples, what do you usually eat on an UP day ? Soup is nutritious and can be fairly calorific the lentl varieties for example, can't think of anything else at the mo ?

The foods I eat..... (after removing the ones I crave)

Meat (mainly chicken, turkey, pork), eggs, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, Philadelphia & mozarella, pickled onions, pickled beet root, pickled red cabbage, peas, carrots (but only cooked and if I can literally swallow them without tasting them), onions & mushrooms (as before), oat bran, meringue, strawberries, bananas. (I'm struggling to think what else...)

I don't use milk except on oat bran and I don't use sweeteners except in a latte if we are out. I recently started eating quorn.

I know my weight gain is thanks to years of stuffing crisps, chips, cakes, sweets, chocolate, biscuits and bread - hence cutting most of them out. But of course it's left me with a rather bare selection of foods.

:(

gentoo/aptenny

I would say maybe Try changing the juddd pattern before u try another diet, ur already in the swing of juddd so it's worth juggling about first

Hope ur ok and choose whatever u feels best xxx

Hi gentoo
Have u decided what to do?
X

Hey gentoo!

Hope that you're ok!

I would go with whatever your body is telling you to do and also what you want to do!

I don't want to see you sad :(

I hope that you've had a lovely day!

Ruth
X

Thanks guys. Suffering with this cold (turning into a rather nasty flu virus) at the moment.
I've decided to spend a week trying to keep between 700-1000 calories each day. My weekly average on juddd works out at 1000. I've an event on Friday, plus my sons 2nd birthday too, so I have until next week to decide what to do.
After buying some sf things they taste vile! I've bought some ww meals too - so I will try adding the pasta, potato and rice back in through these controlled portions and see what happens.
After the weekend I'll probably try changing my JUDDD pattern to see if that works. I think a 2:2 should be doable.
I'm not abandoning you all yet! I understand the science of this diet and that's important to me in rationalising what I'm doing.
Here's to a few more sunny days to cheer us all up!!!

gentoo/aptenny

Hope ur feeling better soon hun xxx

You will work it all out Hun, I have faith in you, hope you feel better soon x

Hope you're ok and that you feel better soon!!!!

That sounds like a good idea :)

Ruth
X

Back