New to ww - ex sw'er

lotty28

Silver Member
Hey. So I have been doing SW since February snd have lost 2st 1lb. However I have got board with it being so restrictive and found myself eating piles of pasta and potatos. I lost my sense of portion control. Also it stopped working for me, I wasn't losing anymore.

So here I am. i have joined ww online and have about 2 more stone to lose. Today was day 1 and has gone well. Hope I ease into it easy and not struggle to much from SW. It is weird the things i can eat again i.e bread!! Any other ex SW people out there on WW? xx

*waves*

I've got a long history... but finally quit SW & I've been on WW almost 2 weeks now & so far I love it & I'm actually losing!! You'll learn portion control, but you can actually eat normal food :D

So welcome ;)

Charli XxX

I made the switch almost 3 weeks ago now. I lost 6 st in just over a year with SW but I was bored, it was restrictive and id stopped losing. My turning point was making a SW "cake" when I added the cals up of this half a syn cake it was over 1400 calories for the whole cake! At that point I realised I needed real food, real portion control and a diet for life. I joined WW on a Monday having weighed in on The Thurs at SW, I didnt have any break. First week at WW I lost 3lb and second week 3.5lb so I am delighted to have swapped and much prefer the diet.

Lucia Lucia said:
I made the switch almost 3 weeks ago now. I lost 6 st in just over a year with SW but I was bored, it was restrictive and id stopped losing. My turning point was making a SW "cake" when I added the cals up of this half a syn cake it was over 1400 calories for the whole cake! At that point I realised I needed real food, real portion control and a diet for life. I joined WW on a Monday having weighed in on The Thurs at SW, I didnt have any break. First week at WW I lost 3lb and second week 3.5lb so I am delighted to have swapped and much prefer the diet.

Not just me that realised the madness then! :D I feel like I'm eating "normally" on WW & I'm not afraid to eat out with friends - if I want something I use my weeklies!! Much less stressful diet IMHO & much more likely to last a life time :)

Charli XxX

Hiya :)

I'm an ex SW too. Also found it restrictive and no portion control encouraged either. Also didn't feel good doing it either. I have many many stones to lose and have been doing WW since 21st June and now lost 13lbs. I gained a couple of weeks as I didn't track. It really is so important to record all that you have. I do love WW tho and already feel that it's my way of life now. It isn't a diet which I did kinda think SW felt like.

Anyway good luck on your journey :)

Another ex sw'er here I lost 1.5 stone on it but also found it restrictive and difficult to fit in with my lifestyle. I was also least bloated from too much pasta and potatoes finding the 1/3 rule really difficult to stick to without obsessing over it. Anyhows been back at ww two weeks and finding I feel more free! Good luck all x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was another sw member until I found ww, and I wouldn't ever go back.... Now on week 5 and still loving it.....I lost 3.5 stone with sw before, but was having large losses each week ( red days only and 9 exercise classes a week) I got board and managed to put it all back on again from christmas....I just couldn't get my head into again.... I love the fact we can eat ready meals for something quick, bread and yummy weight watchers foods :)

Enjoy yourself with your new found food freedom :) x

I'm loving it! Took the kids to McDonalds and could actually eat somthing within my points, kids where agast and worrying I wouldnt loose this week! I lost 3.5 lbs at weigh in today! Was lovely to join in with them.

Im currently a SW'er can i just ask about fruit and veg? on SW you can eat as much as you want? is that the same as WW?

And do you have to weigh everything? I read the thread about the change to pro points but just confused, is there anywhere i could see how many points i could get without joining up as of yet? thanks

Miss_J said:
Im currently a SW'er can i just ask about fruit and veg? on SW you can eat as much as you want? is that the same as WW?

And do you have to weigh everything? I read the thread about the change to pro points but just confused, is there anywhere i could see how many points i could get without joining up as of yet? thanks

Most fruit & veg is zero pps, things like sweetcorn aren't zero but are low :) The focus is very much eating until you're full. You have to weigh most things, guessing really doesn't work (esp after SW sized portions of free foods!!) but you soon learn what is about right for most things, it's just being sensible ;)

There are points calculators out there but I don't know what's good & what's not as I'm online, which is an amazing resource, I'm sure someone will have a link to something though!

Charli XxX

I'm also an ex Sw'er, I got fed up of having to plan everything, if I didn't I wouldn't lose.
WW is so much more convenient, you can just grab something and work out the points, only downside after curries and chineses being failry low on SW syns they are quite high on WW points, and hubby wants one this weekend!! A takeaway not homemade though- which may say somethign about my cooking!!

If my oh wants a curry I let him have what he wants and I choose a chicken ticka starter and have all the salad that way I don't feel I am missing out on the takeaway ?

Hiya! I'm an ex SWer too, having lost 11 stone on it my weight has started to creep back on. Thought I'd try a change of diet so signed up to WW online today........and I'm SCARED!!!! Lol......bread? Chocolate? Crisps? Goes against everything I'm used to doing on sw. Yikes!!!! :)

I'm ex slimming world and will be attending my first class tomorrow.

Slimming world doesn't curb my terrible binging and portion control -:(

Back