New to WW Pro Points!! Help needed!!!!

So don't buy them. I always approached WW with the attitude that I can eat anything as long as it is within my points. Problem with that is I often couldn't stop at the one bag of crisps that would be fine and binged, going over my points.

This time round I've changed that attitude. I now only eat things that I know won't make me binge. In 36 days I have had no cheese, crisps, sweet things, or white flour. Have eaten 3 meals a day with no snacks - snacks lead to binges for me. I've lost 15lbs in 4 weeks. WW for me is about portion control and healthy choices at meals. I also don't stay for meetings (I know that's not the recommended way) because in my experience they are jut about trying to cheat the system and squeeze as much as you can out of your points.

I know my views may not be popular but in all of my previous attempts at WW I'd have been making posts just like yours and 4 weeks in I'd have had hardly any weight loss.

No I won't be buying them again. They have been on special offer for £1 at Morrisons. I won't be heading in the cake aisle again!!

So far so good today. I need to tackle my nibbling and comfort eating. Lets see what tomorrow brings. All I can do is take it one day at a time!!

You will get there,it's a learning curve and different things work for different folk,have a good day tomorrow :0)

Hi everyone

I too have just started and I'm doing it alone, at home! I used to do Slimming World but felt like I wasn't getting anywhere with it!

I must admit that I've got all my information from this forum and until my books arrive (which I ordered off ebay) I won't know if I'm doing it correctly but the Weight Watchers food that I've been eating, I've enjoyed!

My weigh in day is Saturday so even if I've lost 1 or 2lb it will be a bonus!!

I will let you know how I get on!

Last edited:
So far so good today. I need to tackle my nibbling and comfort eating. Lets see what tomorrow brings. All I can do is take it one day at a time!!

This is something I struggle with too. All it takes is a grumpy half hour and I'll eat without thinking :/

Missa!!! said:

"I can do for 12 hours that which would appall me to do for a lifetime"

Last edited:
Well I joined ww today and got the deluxe pack which I needed. I will hopefully get the kitchen scales next week which will really help me. The leader didn't tell me much about the plan so I guess I just have to figure it out for myself. I will still be going at it alone though because those meetings are quite expensive. I've had a brilliant day :D

How has everyone else done today?

Hi everyone

I too have just started and I'm doing it alone, at home! I used to do Slimming World but felt like I wasn't getting anywhere with it!

I must admit that I've got all my information from this forum and until my books arrive (which I ordered off ebay) I won't know if I'm doing it correctly but the Weight Watchers food that I've been eating, I've enjoyed!

My weigh in day is Saturday so even if I've lost 1 or 2lb it will be a bonus!!

I will let you know how I get on!

I joined slimming world and it made me put on weight. I think ww will be better for me. Good luck and let us know how you get on with pro points!!

Missa!!! said:

3.5lbs lost this week. 18.5lbs in 5 weeks :)

Missa!!! said:
Well I joined ww today and got the deluxe pack which I needed. I will hopefully get the kitchen scales next week which will really help me. The leader didn't tell me much about the plan so I guess I just have to figure it out for myself. I will still be going at it alone though because those meetings are quite expensive. I've had a brilliant day :D

That's good you have joined and got your packs,shame the leader wasn't very helpful though! This site is very helpful if you get stuck on anything and need support,hope you have a good day :0)

Back