New to WW

Hi i have just started WW but can't afford classes so trying it on my own. I'm just needing advise on how points work. I did the online calculation and I can have 20-22 points a day but then I read something about an extra 49 points so I'm really confused if anyone could explain I would be so grateful
Thanks xxx

Welcome :)

It sounds like your mixing the old discovery points with the new pro points plan. It looks like you have worked out how many discovery points your on but then confused it with the new pro points extra 49 weeklies.

On pro points the min amount of daily points is 29 and you get an extra 49 on top of this to use as you wish, on a night out, meal out or simply have 7 points extra a day everyday.

Id advise to follow the new pro points as there's much more upto date information and weight watchers foods are branded with pro points (tescos and sainsburys too)

I don't remember much about discovery I'm afraid, sorry x

It depends on weight, height and age I think. There is a thread on here where people will find out what your daily pp's would be. I don't know how to I'm afraid!

I'm on 38 pp's a day and then I get my 49 weeklies on top too x

i couldn't afford to join classes either so i bought the purple pocket guide book and the wheel off ebay, the guide book has lots of different types of food and their points value and the wheel helps you work out points value from packets.

I've just switched to weight watchers online and it was only £15 for 3 months (sometimes its £12.95 I think)

I can't afford the classes but couldn't do it without the online sire x

Aw bugger, keep checking as im sure last month was £12.95, you can also go through cash back sites. I paid £12.95 and got £5 back so only paid £7.95 for my first month of meetings.

Glad to see you got your pro points sorted :) theres a few apps on android that act as calculators and free too. handy when at tesco's!!

You have to pay the full amount at first but after about a month they pay you the cash back. Some charge a £5 min fee.

For example the cash site says you can join WW for £30 and get £30 cash back. You click on their link through to WW, join and pay the £30. The cash back site then 'processes' your order which can take anything from a couple of days to a month. Some of them charge a yearly fee and may keep the first £5, so you end up with £25 cash back in your own bank account.

Quidco is one example of a cash back site

Do you have an android phone by any chance? I haven't paid a cent to WW so far (except for buying some food products lol) and I'm doing it myself at home... I have a couple of free apps I'm using for tracking and calculating and its working out great! I use this site as my "meeting" and people on here are great "leaders" too :D
If you don't have an android phone, you can get the packs and calculator etc. from ebay for cheaper than the WW site! X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Managed to find a WW pro points tracker on my apps. So going to use that and weigh myself once a week. Hopefully with support from you lovely people on here I'll get there :) and I'm saving money too :)

Oh an iPhone is just as good! There are fab apps on that too and some free ones (think you need to pay for the WW one).
If you feel you need the actual WW material to get started then just search for the Weigh Watchers propoints starter pack (or deluxe pack if you want more stuff) xx

Do you have an android phone by any chance? I haven't paid a cent to WW so far (except for buying some food products lol) and I'm doing it myself at home... I have a couple of free apps I'm using for tracking and calculating

Which one do you use for tracking?

Chicaloca said:
Which one do you use for tracking?

Its called WWDiary and its freeee :D xx

azwethinkweiz said:
Its called WWDiary and its freeee :D xx

Wow, I didn't know about them, will have to have a look now. Do you mind if I follow this thread as I started last week and need all the help I can get x

If you have iPhone the diet scancalc app is free. You just scan the barcode & it works out the points for you. I only use it occasionally as sometimes it doesn't recognise the food but when it does the points are spot on x

Back