New to WW

RachieB

A thin person in disguise
Dear All

I have been on and off diets since I was 14. However, I've been unsuccessful because I have never learned to eat appropriately or to the rhythm of my body. Therefore after vlcd LL/CD/exante I've now got to come off these plans and eat and exercise to lose weight, but I am scared. I am 6ft and over 17 stone!!!! After all these years I still can't understand why I cant sort this out.

A friend of mine has recommended filling and healthy so I can concentrate on eating appropriately without feeling I am on a diet. I've tried SW only to gain and be told I wasn't eating enough!!!!!!!! Anyway if there is someone out there who could be my guiding light then I would be utterly grateful.

Best wishes RachieB xxx

hi Rachie :wavey:

I am new to WW PP too.... today is D1 and like you I have tried countless other diets/diet plans over the years and know exactly what my problem is - going back to my old ways, subsequently I have piled 5st of the 6st that I lost in 2009 back on :cry: ....oh well, the only way is down!!

Good luck to us :superwoman:

Hi ya

Thank you all for your sound advice and support. I am looking forward to eating again but worried that I won't lose weight as I've not got confidence in my ability to eat according to appetite. However I am going to see it as an unused muscle so the more I use it the more it will get stronger.

Xxx

Dear All

I have been on and off diets since I was 14. However, I've been unsuccessful because I have never learned to eat appropriately or to the rhythm of my body. Therefore after vlcd LL/CD/exante I've now got to come off these plans and eat and exercise to lose weight, but I am scared. I am 6ft and over 17 stone!!!! After all these years I still can't understand why I cant sort this out.

A friend of mine has recommended filling and healthy so I can concentrate on eating appropriately without feeling I am on a diet. I've tried SW only to gain and be told I wasn't eating enough!!!!!!!! Anyway if there is someone out there who could be my guiding light then I would be utterly grateful.

Best wishes RachieB xxx

Hi Rachie,

Don't know about being a guiding light, but I think I know where you're coming from! I have been 'dieting' for over 35 years - but still weighed 17 and a half stone last October! Nothing had ever stuck for long enough to be slim - only ever for long enough to lose a bit, and then put it all back on and more. I had tried them all - SW, WW, local Clubs, Slimming, Cambridge, Atkins and... oh plenty of others!

Like you I couldn't understand why I couldn't just do it! There were tears, (a lot of tears,) at clothes shopping, going out, even just finding something to wear in the summer. I was a reasonably intelligent woman, considered a high achiever at school and at work, I could do everything else I set my mind to, except lose weight. Something just clicked this time round and I started on SW, then changed to WW in February, all with the help of this forum. I haven't been the fastest loser, but I have managed to stick with it through the weeks and slowly and steadily I am getting there. I've spent some time coming to terms with the slow and steady side of it, and there are days when I still rant at the fact that I'm not losing it 'quickly enough.' But then, losing it 'quickly enough' is where I have failed over the last many, many years. I've also accepted that my old perfectionism was a lot of the problem - if I had a bad week, bad day, bad hour even, then I had failed - now I accept that that is just real life - I don't expect myself or anyone else to be perfect at other things, so why should I expect to be perfect at losing weight? Also, when it gets tough, I think about the options, and really there are only two - either keep going, or give up. Giving up would put me straight back where I have been for all those years, keeping going will move me closer to where I want to go. I still have a long way to go, but I absolutely know I will get there - that I am getting there.

I count the WW pro-points, but I 'talk' to others on here who do the Simply Filling and have great success too. Take a look at the Simply Filling, or if you think portion control might be a problem, maybe the propoints. Your friend has a point about not 'feeling you are on a diet' and you can always change from SF to Propoint counting, if you need some help with portion control. It's really good that you recognise that you need to eat appropriately for you - I suppose that's what we all struggle with! This is an amazing forum for support and advice, and an occasional kick up the back-side when needed.

I really could go on all day about how much difference the last 10 months has made to me - that is how good it feels, but this thread is about you and I've probably already rambled on too much. I would love to read your diary and see how the changes happen for you as you lose the weight and gain so much more in other ways too! If I can do it after all these years of failure then so can you. You can do it!

Let us know what you decide to do. I know there will be plenty of support here for you. :)

HI Moonwatcher

Thank you for your amazing response. I think may start a diary as I find on here, I can be brutally honest with myself and know that I won't be judged, apart from by me.

I would join WW in a heartbeat but I am really scared as on SW I actually put on weight, even though the leader said I wasn't eating enough. The amount of food e and my partner ate was ridiculous!! A whole couscous cake between us after a huge pile of gorgeous chicken and mushroom risotto. This was later in the day after a huge SW english breakfast al free apparently. Anyway, this makes me feel like a greedy pig and I don't know if I could trust myself to eat unlimited foods. I work out 5 times a week. Hard workouts ranging from 300-500 kcal burn.

To be honest I would like to eat all the foods off the list of SF and get really fit as I am loving the exercise but hating the unknown of what to do about my food. I just couldn't bare the thought of actually putting on more weight.....the way I have managed to lose weight in the past is to starve myself on low calorie diets and vlcd.

Patience is a virtue which you seem to have bags of, but me I just hate being fat but also hate being hungry...argggghhhhh!!!

I hope you have a had a great day xxx

HI Moonwatcher

Thank you for your amazing response. I think may start a diary as I find on here, I can be brutally honest with myself and know that I won't be judged, apart from by me.

I would join WW in a heartbeat but I am really scared as on SW I actually put on weight, even though the leader said I wasn't eating enough. The amount of food e and my partner ate was ridiculous!! A whole couscous cake between us after a huge pile of gorgeous chicken and mushroom risotto. This was later in the day after a huge SW english breakfast al free apparently. Anyway, this makes me feel like a greedy pig and I don't know if I could trust myself to eat unlimited foods. I work out 5 times a week. Hard workouts ranging from 300-500 kcal burn.

To be honest I would like to eat all the foods off the list of SF and get really fit as I am loving the exercise but hating the unknown of what to do about my food. I just couldn't bare the thought of actually putting on more weight.....the way I have managed to lose weight in the past is to starve myself on low calorie diets and vlcd.

Patience is a virtue which you seem to have bags of, but me I just hate being fat but also hate being hungry...argggghhhhh!!!

I hope you have a had a great day xxx

Tell my hubby I have loads of patience! He'll laugh I promise you. :) It's not so much patience as acceptance - I'm still really impatient to lose it more quickly, but I have accepted that I could spend another 10 years not doing it, or 2-3 years doing it slowly. I don't like the idea of 2-3 years, but I hate the idea of being 10 years older and still over 8 stone overweight. I think a lot of people who have problems with portion control do struggle with SW. The couscous cake for instance - because couscous was free, people were, as you say, eating whole cakes. Now they have amended the rules so that it is only free when used as it's intended to be - ie as couscous, and not as a replacement for flour. (Sorry - you may already know that.) I'm surprised your leader thought you weren't eating enough though, from what you've said above - unless she meant not enough superfree foods?

Maybe if the portion control angle worries you, you would be better off starting with counting all your PP until you get the feel for it. Then the only 'unlimited' foods (ie zero Propoints) are the fruit and veg. Have a look at my diary (or some others,) and you'll see what I eat for 29PP daily plus weeklies. You're quite a bit taller than me, and maybe younger - so you would probably start off with more PP a day. Also, if you are genuinely hungry, then you can use some of your Activity Points if you need to.

Hun - you're not alone here, because we all (OK, can't speak for everyone - but I bet not far off all) hate being overweight, and everything that goes with it. I think it would be a great idea for you to start a diary, then people can comment on it, and offer help and advice. Trust me, this forum really does what it says on the tin! ;)

Hi ladies

Thank you for your inspiration. I do think that I should look into PP first and use fruit and veg when I am hungry. My worse time is between 2-4pm so I could fill up on fruit and then off to the gym or something then have a small evening meal as I am also looking into having bigger bakfasts medium lunches and smaller evening meal. I do a lot of exercise, which I've only started in the last 4 weeks. I absolutely love it and really get a buzz. However, I hate exercise feeling so empty.

It will be interesting to see how many PPs I am allocated and APs...

Big hugs for us losers (I mean in the weight, so hopefully no offence caused?)

Hi ladies

Thank you for your inspiration. I do think that I should look into PP first and use fruit and veg when I am hungry. My worse time is between 2-4pm so I could fill up on fruit and then off to the gym or something then have a small evening meal as I am also looking into having bigger bakfasts medium lunches and smaller evening meal. I do a lot of exercise, which I've only started in the last 4 weeks. I absolutely love it and really get a buzz. However, I hate exercise feeling so empty.

Sounds like a good plan. We're all trying to be losers here, so absolutely no offence taken!

RachieB said:
Hi ladies

No offence taken and good luck with pp,your plan sounds good :0)

Your signature says it all!
However with WW, it doesnt feel like a diet. Just a healthier way of living.
Enjoy it and good luck with the weight loss x

Back