New to WW!

alipally

Serial Dieter!
Hi everyone!
Thought I'd introduce myself!

Been on this forum doing different diets for years now!

My weight is still 4 stones lighter than when I started all those years ago, but over the past couple of years I've let it creep back up...and now have an additional 3 stone hanging on my body again.... Now nothing fits me and I refuse to by size 20 EVER again!

So I've picked a plan that I can stick with...
I have to say that WW has changed quite a bit since I last did it (2001) and I feel it's improved somewhat, looking at more than what you put in your mouth is going to be my key to success this time! I attended my first meeting on Monday night and I'm already feeling lighter!

I'm looking forward to 'meeting' you all on here!

Welcome back! It's nice to have another new face around here and someone else to to chat to; it seems to be only Hules and I who regularly post in the WW section!

Do you have any particular goals?

Hey Alipally and welcome from me too! It really is lovely to have new 'faces'.
Just wanted to warn you though, that we follow the 'old' weight watchers points system on this board, the one you would have followed in 2001. We talk old points rather than Pro Points, just in case you get confused! :) Doesn't mean we wouldn't like you to stay and chat though :)

So how are you finding being back in the zone? I know what you mean about feeling lighter, I do to even though the scales seem to have stopped moving (hopefully temporarily!).

Thanks both for you warm welcome... I'm doing the propoints thing because the new, shiny nature of it has motivated me!

Ah... the what are your goals question!
Well there are several: I will put them in order of how I expect they will come to me!
1. Follow the plan 100% everyday
2. Get my 'Fadass' back to the gym x3 weekly!
3. lose that 10% (AKA 24lbs)
4. Fit back into the size 18 jeans I have lurking under the bed!
5. get back into the 14 stone something zone (not seen that in more than 2 years!)
6. Be under 200lbs!!! and therefore Merely 'overweight'!
7. Be considered 'normal' on a BMI chart!!!! And that is 72lb and a lifetime since I was there.... so I'm not really thinking about this one yet!!!

Thanks both for you warm welcome... I'm doing the propoints thing because the new, shiny nature of it has motivated me!

Ah... the what are your goals question!
Well there are several: I will put them in order of how I expect they will come to me!
1. Follow the plan 100% everyday
2. Get my 'Fadass' back to the gym x3 weekly!
3. lose that 10% (AKA 24lbs)
4. Fit back into the size 18 jeans I have lurking under the bed!
5. get back into the 14 stone something zone (not seen that in more than 2 years!)
6. Be under 200lbs!!! and therefore Merely 'overweight'!
7. Be considered 'normal' on a BMI chart!!!! And that is 72lb and a lifetime since I was there.... so I'm not really thinking about this one yet!!!

Cracking goals there! Ahh 'normal' BMI :D mine is 10.2 and under so I feel rather unobtainable/unsustainable, but you never know. Maybe if I keep on it? I'd secretly like to get back into my wedding dress, I was under 10 then and it's tiny.
You can do it x 100% is first :) x

Got your goals set right out then! I hadn't really thought about 'mini' goals along the way, it's something to think about! Well, good luck on your journey!

Thanks both!
I think that knowing what you want, not just long term but day by day and week by week keeps you on the right path.... having an ultimate goal is great, but it can seem unattainable in the day to day of things... so 100% is todays goal, once that's easier, I'll work on the gym thing.... If I work this way the end goal will come by working on the smaller tasks the bigger goal will be just a matter of time!
so yesterday was 100% and today will be the same!

Ali x

Hi,

I am very new to this website and forum.
I'm back on the ww discover plan, following it from home.
started on Tuesday, so far going ok. I find it much more easy to follow knowing I'm not restricting myself as I like to know if I want it I can have it obviously as long as I stay within my points.
I had a bottle of wine last night with the girls and I was still within my points :)
as soon as someone tells me I can't have something to eat or drink that is then all I want to have!

I have today made a "poster" for my kitchen with small goals I want to achieve on my way to losing 32lb. they include things like getting into that pair of jeans comfortable without the muffin top! I'm hoping as I tick each one off it will give me the motivation to keep going.

My only downside is I tend to stick to the same foods so have a tendency to get bored!

Well done for being 100% Alipally, I have to be 100% too or I fall off, if I allow myself to go over or stretch the rules it all goes to pot.

Welcome MrsJK, and welcome to the discover board! I like the poster idea, I could do something like that. You definitely need some variety for his plan to work, I try to mx it up all the time but have a few staples that I have on a weekly basis. I like to do kind of a ready steady cook thing with ingredients I have in too! What'cha having for tea?? :p

Welcome MrsJK I'm sure you'll do well so long as you keep checking in, tracking your eating and keeping 100%!

Today was 100% ... and it was easy! Very proud of myself! I've struggled to stay with any plan for so long I was beginning to think I'd never manage it again! Roll on day 4 baby steps!

Good going there alipally, well done lady!

I actually write my day's on focus in my tracker notebook, I'm on day 23 (in my head I hear something like 'Day 23 in the Hules house' ala big brother :D)

Back