New to Xenical....

boncuk

Hey everyone,

I am new to Zenical, have been taking them for a couple of weeks over Christmas and New Year back in the UK and lost 3,5kg, I have already experienced some of the nasty side effects after a bit of a midnight biscuit raid (it was alcohol induced!!) so I know what I have to do to stay free of the side effects...

I live alone so cooking sensibly is not really an issue, yesterday I bought a convection cooker which is a healthy and quick way of cooking all in one pot so hoping that it will help keep me on the straight and narrow and narrow my hips at the same time!! :) we do get a lunch provided at work however I think the most sensible thing to do for me is to bring lunch with me and then I can control the food that I am eating properly.

I am currently wearing a size 18-20 and my aim is to be a comfortable size 14, ralistically I would like to do it in a year which means loosing half a stone a month...

Hope that I can do it this time, I am so fed up of being this size and unhealthy...

Any advise you can give is always welcome...I have an awful sweet tooth...

Claire xx

Ps I am also trying to do wii fit 5/6 days a week and burn an average of 350cals per session.

HIya and welcome to the Xenical forum :D
Advice for a sweet tooth? I find that a 10 cal jelly ( they're actually less than 10 cals ...I buy the Hartleys' ones..ready made ones) really help when I want something sweet.
Good luck and keep posting here for support :D
x

hello and welcome.
read everything before putting it in your mouth and try to come on here as much as poss. it a god sent, also sign up to myfittnesspal.com you can do an online diary which is amazing. if you have an iphone you can aslo download it on to that.
good luck x x

hi ladies im a returning newbee, this time im just going to keep taking them even though side affects have been so bad been taking for 5 days and for the last 2 have been on and off loo all day :( but think it is because started metformin and zenical same day 3 a day, hope it will get better you all sound like you have done so well,welldone x

Agree with Ali that the sugar free jelly is brilliant for that sweet tooth - for a real treat add a couple of lady fingers and fruit and you can kid yourself your having a trifle!!

Also, WW chocolate and biscuits ranges are good for the sweetness, just watch the amount that you have, no need to say why!! ;)

hi ladies im a returning newbee, this time im just going to keep taking them even though side affects have been so bad been taking for 5 days and for the last 2 have been on and off loo all day :( but think it is because started metformin and zenical same day 3 a day, hope it will get better you all sound like you have done so well,welldone x

One of the side effects of Metformin is diarrhoea hun, so it very likely that this is what's causing your trips to the loo. As long as you're staying within the Xenical rules, that will give you no side effects, but like I say, its one of the side effects of Metformin.
Hang in there and hopefully it will settle down xx

Thank you everyone for your lovely messages, I weighed in this morning on my wii and it shows total loss since before christmas to be 12lb.

I find looking at everything difficult as I live in Turkey and we dont really have so many ready meals or processed foods...in one way thats a good thing as I have to prepare my meals from fresh....lots of chicken/fish and vegetables/salad! But generally restaurant and home cooked meals are ladened with oils!! Just have to keep cooking at home and stay away from the restaurants!!

Chicken wih steamed cauliflower, brocolli and carrots tonight = yum yum starving already!

you can do it hun and well done, you lost it and i must have found it lol x

Wow everyone is doing so well, Im new to the site and starting my zenical tomorrow, Just wanted to say to everyone and if anyone has any tips they would be gratefully recieved :)

Back