New Toy

Wow I would be excited about that for the first run and then it would sit in a box! Do you actually enjoy running? really? or are you just use to it?

When I see a runner smiling I might try it!

I'm loving it! Really :D Nah, it's all good, I've had a couple of 'WTF am I doing' moments when it's been dark and cold but by the time I've got to the end of the street that's all forgotten, and it's just me and my iPod (and my Garmin now).

I've had a couple of other runners look at me like I'm mad when I've gone past in the cold weather in just my shorts and T-shirt, and they're in about three layers of clothes. I don't think the weather is *that* bad yet, I'd rather start off a bit chilly and warm up rather than get too hot and be too warm or have to carry clothes around with me. Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm up to 5 mile sessions, and I'm sure when it starts snowing I'll be a bit more warmly wrapped lol

Good for you Jimbo. Surely the garmin has a clock in the corner? Its not accurate but you could just use that?

Good for you Jimbo. Surely the garmin has a clock in the corner? Its not accurate but you could just use that?

Figured it out, you have to customize the views, you can make it show all sorts, even the time of day. The clock is very accurate; it runs off it's own internal clock but each time you switch the GPS on it gets time data from the satellites. So it just updates itself and you don't need to set the time.

I've got it on now, sadly. I've made a 'time of day' screen which shows the time, the date and (because I had a spare box...) the time the sun will set :D

aww bless, boys and thier toys

time the sunsets lmao

I lvoe new gadgets. As most men do, I learn everythign about them int he first day!!

Back