Says you will have a weekly phone call from a counsellor but packs will be ordered online!!! Lots of variety on flavours which sound nice but scares the hell out of me the people who shouldnt do vlcd will be able to get it so easily!!! I saw it on ebay!!!
I think this must be one of the most asked about diets on this forum
Anyway, I think it's doesn't sound bad to me Seems to be a cross between LL and CD (price wise too). The pamphlet to the drs. does say
• A unique patient to patient service.
• Or a positive group weekly meeting held at your surgery.
• Daytimes or evenings.
• They will be required to participate in the group meetings and
undergo each homework task given.
• A report will be given to you each week with the progress of each of
• You will be able to have your own log in to view your patient’s
progress via our extranet services.
All your patients are given not only weekly support
The only 2 things that bother me are
1. We have a weight-matters spammer on here every now and again. He/She spams on the DH board too. Puts me off a company right away.
2. A number of people from this forum sent an email asking for details of the diet (because they were genuinely interested in starting it), and it seemed to take an age to get a reply.
As for the fact thats it's on EBay, well....so is Cambridge and LL Exorbitant prices for all three VLCDs the Ebay way
I asked for information three weeks ago, before I restarted CD, and still haven't heard a peep from them... That in itself has put me off! My CDC emailed me within 4 hours of me sending her a query, and that confirmed the customer service and proffessionalism of my CDC and also made me decide to see her!
I've actually been in contact with the company and whilst the initial response was slow (had to follow up my email with a couple of phone calls) I have quite impressed so far. They are inundated with calls at the moment which makes the response time slower.
I am looking further into it and have spoken to the company and I have been pleased with the conversations we've had.
As KD says, it does appear to be a cross between CD and LL and the group thingy appeals to me.
Will let you know how I get on if I decide to take this route, if you are interested.