New with a Few Questions

MrsT

Hi,

At my appointment with my Midwife today (I am 15 weeks pregnant after trying for six years :D) she suggested I could follow the Slimming World diet to help me maintain my weight through pregnancy. I suffer from PCOS which is why it has taken so long to get pregnant and although she is pleased that I have lost a couple of kilos since the beginning of the year, she thinks it would be possible for me to maintain my weight or loose a little whilst pregnant. My body is working much better now I am getting more female hormone which is why I think I have lost weight so far and obviously I would like to loose more whilst being healthy and providing for my baby.

So, I have previously followed slimming world with some success and would like to start following it again "healthy eating" instead of a diet. I am really positive following my appointment today as everything was good (blood sugars, blood pressure etc) but I know that the hospital will possibly use my weight as a reason to induce me early or have a c-section, so I would like to try and prove them wrong :p

Have any of you followed SW whilst pregnant?

I don't really have the money to join the classes (husband has just been made redundent) so could you tell me how many syns I am allowed daily? I think I have an old Slimming World book at home somewhere and I can remember a lot of the principles of red and green but may need some guidance;)

Sorry this turned into an epic post!LOL

Nina
x

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I haven't followed SW whilst pregnant but I'm sure I saw a similar thread on here not too long ago.

I think it is great you want to start an healthy eating plan now... it can be so hard to start something 'new' once baby is here and before you know it a year or two has passed!

Has your MW suggested you may have to be induce early or have a c-section? I would research as much as you can into those possibilities due to your weight and see where you stand.

Back