New Year, New Me: Healthy Eating

Ooh bathroom shops - for any reason? Redoing the bathroom??

How's work been? What do you do?

I'm being rubbish food wise but went to the gym for a weights session yesterday & a swim this morning, so that will go some way to counteract it I hope!!

No the bathroom is only a couple of years old, we were just looking for a new mirror lol haven't found one yet though!

Work is good, busy though. I'm a sales administrator for an engineering firm, will be there 3 years in June. How about you?

That's great, your putting me to shame! Been good food wise for the past couple of days, just been having my usual breakfast and lunch then a healthyish dinner. Lost 3.4lbs this week so must be working :D

Do you have a diary anywhere on here?

Hurrah!! 3.4lbs is loads!!

I work in a supermarket part time as I'm studying part time. When I started studying again I thought if just do a stress free job that wouldn't come home with me, so it works quite well, although mostly dull!! I used to sales administrate for a diary company, probably pretty similar just different products/services. It was alright really, not bad pay, good hours, no weekends etc... Offices are tough though for dieting, you can eat all day & people bring treats in all the time plus you're on your arse all day, well that's how it was for me!

I have a diary but don't know how to link it in - it's in weight watchers food diaries and is called healthy eating for life? Here's hoping! :)

Thanks just hope it continues now! Found you diary and I've now subscribed :)

What is it you do in the supermarket? My mum used to be on checkouts in asda and it could get quite stressful with the customers and not having great backup from management so were glad she doesn't work there anymore.

That's how I feel about here, it's my longest job so far and I do enjoy it. There is a biscuit drawer in the office and I work with 4 guys and 1 female so it seems like they are constantly eating bad things but I've stayed strong so far lol luckily the factory is 4 buildings so can have a quick power walk round when I'm giving out work :p

How is your day going today? I'm a little bit quiet today but I'm so tired so it's worked out well for me :D

That's good that you enjoy your job :)

I work across customer service but mostly on the counters, which is more interesting than some of the jobs going. But it is mostly awful & I just keep the fact that it fits at the moment so hey ho!!

How was your day food wise?

How was your day food wise?[/QUOTE]

Yea it makes getting up in the morning a little easier lol yea you've just got to keep in mind that it won't be for life for you and you will be doing something better very soon!

Food was ok today:

B: Honey Cheerios with semi skimmed milk.
L: 2 boiled eggs, baby tomatoes, cucumber, chilli mayo, kiwi and grapes.
D: Corned beef hash with beans.
S: 1 chocolate from a milk tray, no idea where that willpower came from!!

Food for today...

B: 30g honey Cheerios and semi skimmed milk.
L: 2 boiled eggs, tomatoes, cucumber, mushroom cup-a-soup, little bit of chilli mayo and grapes.
D: Spicy mince with a little rice.

Think I'm not doing too bad so just need to see how it goes :)

Corned beef hash - yum!

It doesn't look like you're eating very much at all, are you getting hungry??

And no snacks! I couldn't do that!!

I do like my corned beef hash, not the healthiest but it's allowed :D

No I'm not getting hungry, to be fair I eat my grapes between lunch and dinner but been fine.

Had my normal breakfast and lunch yesterday then had dominoes pizza for dinner. Had weighed in earlier and haven't lost a single thing so thought might as well and I enjoyed it lol

Will check in on your diary now

Dominoes.....yum!!!

I had homemade pizza Friday which was good, although not quite dominoes!

How's you're weekend going? Been out walking/cycling at all yet?!

I know I've not had dominoes in ages so was a nice little treat.

Weekend was good, didn't really do much on Saturday because it was a bit wet. Went to the shops today then went a walk round the park with my dog then baked a chocolate cake. Liked the look of your cake, is that recipe book good?
image-1890632455.jpg

I've not been out cycling yet but because of holly I don't really get the choice about walks which is a good thing. How's your weekend been?

Oooh nice cake, did you eat it all yourself ! ;)

Yes the advantage of a dog is all the waking...come rain or shine!!

Didn't do much over the weekend, toiled away on my assignment Saturday & like you went to the shops Sunday! Needed to get my mother-in-law a birthday pressie, couldn't trust hub to go out & find something on his own!!

Haha I wish! No I had a slice to taste but was good about it.

Yup she gets too bored in the house so no choice but to go walkies.

Oh I know, men just can't be trusted with things like that! What did you get her if you don't mind me asking?

Can't believe it's only Tuesday! Been ok food wise this week so far but I'm going to really try to be good, fingers crossed.

How's you're week going? Ice just gadmy head in the books when not at work - fun times!!

We got her a scarf, he wasn't convinced at first but she does wear them, so being a scarf lover myself & it being winter it seemed ideal!!

My week at work dragged in! So glad it's the weekend :) today was far too wet and cold to go anywhere so I have my dog a haircut instead so that's one less thing to do. Aw that's a shame but will be all worth it in the end I'm sure.

I'm sure she will love it if she likes wearing scarfs. Guys are never convinced with presents!

I've been good food wise this week, hadn't lost much so pointed this week to get back on track and it seems to be working.

Sounds good food wise!

It came down when we were out -torrential, only lasted like 30 mins, almost like a tropical storm!!

You'll have to post a pic of your dog sporting his new hair do ;)

Back