new year, new me with propoints!!

JanieF

so im back again to weight watchers have started so many times but never stuck to it!by the time i had lost about 1stone i would fall back into bad habits :break_diet:
so started propoints last thursday!likin the new program but like a few others here im a bit apprehensive about the weeklies, it just seems a bit too good to be true :confused: i havent used any of my weeklies yet im just afraid i wont lose as much weight in m first week if i do!
so i want to lose about 3stone which iv gained over the last 6years since my mam died when i was 16!its time for a new me mentally and physically!i want to feel better about myself and although i say this at the start of every new year im now motivated to focus on getting healthy and fit!
4days in and im feeling better already!climed a hill (2miles really steep) yesterday and was the hardest i had ever pushed myself i wanted to give up but my bf was there and spured me on, he was like my own personal trainer :character00116:
thought i was going to collapse on the way up but managed to jog down and felt so good after! :D
so my first weigh-in is on thursday so il updated on my weightloss then!
wish me luck! :cross:

ok so its a rotten rainy, cold day out so really dont wanna go for a walk! :sigh:
but gotta persevere so gonna do a workout dvd instead!my legs r really sore after climbing the hill yesterday but no point stoppin now!
also had a lovely omelette for breakfast:
1egg, 2egg whites; 2pp
ham; 1pp
cheese; 2pp
tomato, peppers, onion; 0pp

just 5pp nd really filling!!

Hey Janie

Well done for rejoining and hats off to you for all the exercise, it definately makes a difference. :)

Like yourself I have joined ww before and lost weight and regained it when I left. I started propoints in December and lost 8lb in my first week but then put it all back on over Christmas. Some people find propoints a slower weight loss than old system but it is much more flexible so more likely to stick to it.

I am a but sceptical about the weeklies and think they make me binge so I am using them a bit differently now. I plan my meals every day using all my daily points and in my head that is my points allowance. If I end up going over my points because I've eaten too much I can take it out of my weeklies. That way I view the weeklies a bit like an overdraft. It's there if I need it so I won't get into trouble but the cost is a smaller weight loss that week. This works better than what I was doing before - seeing weeklies as an extra 7 points a day and eating them all every day. If you use all your weeklies you will still lose weight because its calculated to cause a deficit - just less than if you didn't eat them.

Its all in the mind so do whatever works for you

thanks for the advice star!
im gonna leave my weeklies this week cos want a bit of a bigger loss for my first week (always a motivator!) but il c how my wi goes and i can decide wat way to go about using them!i suppose its all trial and error until i get it right!

Hi, good luck with your restart!! Sounds like you are in the zone, keep it up!! :D

ok so i started my good eating at home a week ago 2day, before goin to ww!decided to weigh myself this mornin at home (cudnt resist :crazy: ) but really happy cos iv lost 7lbs in the week!i was really disiplined tho and didnt eat any bread or sweets for the week even when my bf gave me a box of chocs and a GIANT Toblerone for my bday(which has 4pp per piece :eek: ) but just wonderin if il track my weigh-loss on here from my ww weigh-ins instead of my at home first weight?it will prob b easier to track from ww and it'll stop me weighin myself at home too!i know my week1 wi for ww wont b 7lbs tho but i suppose il stick with my weekly wi!didnt use any of my weeklies this week and afraid if i start and if i eat bread again i wont b losing much??2 days left til my ww wi so hopin i mite get another 1lb off but even 5lb in a week wud b a great start for my ww journey!any tips wud b greatly appreciated!!!
XX

right so last day of week 1 on pp actually lookin forward to wi 2moro!iv been good with my diet and exercise is slowly gettin there!i no i need to up my game and do more exercise if i want good results every week cos diet alone wont do it for me for too long!so tryin to motivate myself to do an exercise DVD and ave a weights bench at home that il ave to start usin:character00116:!iv no excuses to not do the work cos ave gym membership too but the thought of goin to the gym...ughhh:sigh:
gonna make some more 0pp soup thinkin the tomato and butternut will be nice!
meetin 2moro and iv roped my auntie into comin with me so i no shel b on my case too to keep me motivated!
hopin my weight-loss will b wat i expect for 2moro!ave a goal of 10lb for my first month so gonna ave to work extra hard to get it!
wish me luck for 2moro!!! :cross:

Hi Janie,

I'm new to ProPoints, started today. Just wanted to wish you luck for your WI tomorrow - looking forward to seeing how you get on!

It's very early days for me, but the weeklies are concerning me too. I feel like I've really pigged out today, but I'm only at 19 points so far - so to eat another 49 a week feels like I'd really be going at it. I liked the 'overdraft' analogy - will definitely look at it like that I think.

It's going to be tricky for me to get used to this - the only way I have lost weight so far has been with pretty drastic diets that require no thought (Atkins - 3 stone, then Lighter Life - 5 stone). I want to lose my last 2 with WW so I can learn more about portion sizes and things - so hopefully this will be my last diet for a while at least! :)

GOOD LUCK again for tomorrow. Will be watching with interest as our start weights aren't too different (I'm 12st 7lbs). Are you keeping a food diary on here?

SD xx

WOOOHOOOO

just back from my first weigh-in...7lbs down!!!!:happy036: im absolutely delighted really gonna give me even more motivation to stay on track for next week!didnt use any of my weeklies last week but if i feel i need them il use them this week cos dont wanna b too restrictive on myself!gonna get into the exercise more for the next week too cos i no that i always get a big loss in my 1st week but it always slows down after that so need to keep on top of everything!
got a pedometer in my meeting 2day too so gonna make goals for my minimum steps everyday!:whacky068:
well feelin really happy now nd excited for my next week on pp!!
:wee:

Hi Janie,

I'm new to ProPoints, started today. Just wanted to wish you luck for your WI tomorrow - looking forward to seeing how you get on!

It's very early days for me, but the weeklies are concerning me too. I feel like I've really pigged out today, but I'm only at 19 points so far - so to eat another 49 a week feels like I'd really be going at it. I liked the 'overdraft' analogy - will definitely look at it like that I think.

It's going to be tricky for me to get used to this - the only way I have lost weight so far has been with pretty drastic diets that require no thought (Atkins - 3 stone, then Lighter Life - 5 stone). I want to lose my last 2 with WW so I can learn more about portion sizes and things - so hopefully this will be my last diet for a while at least! :)

GOOD LUCK again for tomorrow. Will be watching with interest as our start weights aren't too different (I'm 12st 7lbs). Are you keeping a food diary on here?

SD xx

I know what u mean about going from VLCD to ww cos u get so used to seeing big weight-loss every week, but just try to look at this a lifestyle change instead of a diet!i feel like im eating loads too with my 29pp and havent used any weeklies but i no they r there if i need them if i want to have few drinks at the weekend or goin out for dinner!i made a goal for myself to lose 10bs in February which is pretty reasonable whereas if it had been a VLCD i was doing id b hoping to lose that much quicker but i no from experience the slower u lose the weight the easier it is to keep it off!
hope u get on well on ur ww journey and just try to get used to the new way of eating..its so much healthier for u than really strict diets!
havent started a food diary yet but might do one this week to keep me focused!
xxxx

day 1 week 2: weather is absolutely crazy here really wet and windy!had toast, tomato and poached eggs for breakfast this morning really filling and tasty for 8pp! hadnt eaten any bread at all last week cos i find im often bloated after eating it but gonna try introduce it slowly back into my diet mayb not everyday but its handy at times!ordered Jillian Michaels 30day shred from amazon last week cos decided i need a kick start for my exercise routine still havent got the courage to go to the gym!no chance of walking much today, think id get blown away! :gen125:
gonna do my exercise DVD cos i no i wont get much other exercise over the weekend!im worried that because i had such a big weight-loss this week it gonna b harder to lose weight next week so il ave to b as strict as i can on myself!

pedometer day1

ok so gonna start off small for my daily steps goal and considering how bad the weather is i no i wont get much walking done 2day so gonna aim for

Goal 4/02/11: 7000 steps
:whacky068:

had a really bad day yday and totally pigged out last nite!didnt go over my weeklies but its my totm nd was feelin really crap :cry:
gonna get back on track now 2day!walkin still hasnt been great cos it hasnt stopped raining since wednesday!but gonna do a workout DVD to try work of the food i ate last nite!
need a lil bit of motivation cos im in terrible form :sigh:
im afraid i wont get a loss this week if im not really strict until wi on thursday!

Hi Janie,

Chin up. We all have bad days, the trick is to remember you're just human and not beat yourself up about it.

So what that you didn't do 7000 steps, or you ate more than you usually would? Get up tomorrow, have breakfast, check out some WW recipes and get on with it! You can do this and hit your goal... don't let one bad day roll into a bad week ("well I might as well just eat crap now cos I've blown it, yada yada" lol).

Enjoy your naughty treats, point em, count em, savour them... then move on! :D

Onwards and downwards :)

SD xx

Hi Janie,

Chin up. We all have bad days, the trick is to remember you're just human and not beat yourself up about it.

So what that you didn't do 7000 steps, or you ate more than you usually would? Get up tomorrow, have breakfast, check out some WW recipes and get on with it! You can do this and hit your goal... don't let one bad day roll into a bad week ("well I might as well just eat crap now cos I've blown it, yada yada" lol).

Enjoy your naughty treats, point em, count em, savour them... then move on! :D

Onwards and downwards :)

SD xx

Thanks SD, feelin much better 2day got a good nite sleep last nite!had porridge and smoothie for breakfast nd gonna do some exercise now!made some 0pp soup yday so all set for being on track for the next few days til wi!

week 2 nearly over feeling very satisfied this week wit all my food hoping for a loss on thurs wi!still a bit apprehensive cos ave been very bloated cos of totm but also when i ate bread after bein off it for over a week i felt terrible...had heartburn and bloating so pretty sure i ave an intolerance to bread so ave to stay off that, its not worth it!had been thinking bread didnt agree wth me but positive now i definitely need to steer clear of it!gonna try some gluten free products and see what they r like!
got Jilian Michaels 30day shred in the post 2day but was half way through my other workout DVD so had a look at the level 1 workout..looks like il b sore after it!stil pretty sore after the workouts from the last few days so gonna take a bit of a rest and start 30day shred on fri after my wi!

:needhug: was up 0.5lb on thursday at weigh-in but kinda expected that!have had a terrible weekend :cry: broke up with my bf after a year and a half on saturday:raincloud: had been thinkin about it for awhile nd when he made no effort to come c me on valentines weekend i had enough!but felt awful nd had a bottle of wine nd a bit of a binge since then cos ave been feelin crap so not lookin forward to wi !gonna get myself back on track 2day tho cos not point dwelling on it nd makin myself feel worse by eatin loads!need a bit of motivation tho cos totally down in the dumps and gone off track completely!start of a new week nd gonna start 30day shred 2nite!emotional support needed!!!

thanks Jo, feelin much better 2day got up and did 30day shred!always feel so much better once iv got the motivation to do exercise!il aim for wi after this week but im back on track now!no point worryin about thursday cos i no the weekend took its toll!

Hello love,

I'm not new to Minimins but have come back and happy to see a new member :) I'm so sorry to hear about your rough week, but you do sound quite positive which is always a good thing.

Well done on your loss so far and don't beat yourself up on the tiny gain, you can get that off no problem, TOTM is always a hard week with cravings and bloating, but you can do this :) xxx

Back