New year-new me!!

WelshJojo

Gold Member
:D Hi, I'm Jo aka Welshtigger. Apologies for posting the same thing twice-but noticed that not many people appear to look at the newbies board!!
I turned 30 about 4 weeks ago , and have been doing Slimming World on and off for about 9 years-altho I've never been overly successful. Finally found a consultant that I get on REALLY well with, and we've discovered my problem-I have always set myself unrealistic, unacheiveable goals-so I guess I've been setting myself up for failure from the word go:sign0007:.
I restarted the week between Christmas and new Year, and with NY celebrations, staff parties and finally my birthday party last weekend, I am very pleased to have stayed the same :D I went to the gym on Wednesday to have my programme reviewed, and now am doing one I really enjoy. Have been chatting to the instructor, and have arranged to have a personal training session once a month to keep me focussed.
Something in my head is different this time-cant explain it. Love the motivation and social aspect of message boards/forums. Loved the one on the WW site when I did that.
My goal for this year is to lose 1lb a week til Christmas-my gym instructor said that the plan he has given me makes that do-able even without changing my eating habits-so following Slimming World will just make it even better!!
Sorry for waffling on so much, but thats just me!! Looking forward to my journey, and sharing it with everyone.
Jo x

Welcome to the boards Jo

I understand what you mean about being in the right frame of mind this time. I used to think I could losse my excess weight just by dieting alone. I now know that I must exercise and well although its not the nest at the moment using my wii fit and doing a minimum of 20 mins on there and have also got a cross trainer which I am trying to do but its bloody hard work. Hubby and I are also joining the lesuire centre on Sun so thats gonna be cool, I just want the swimming and classes.

Anyways I came here to say good luck on your journey - 1lb a week for 52 weeks - 3st 7lbs - YOU CAN DO IT.

52lbs, is 3 stone 10lbs - practically four stone in a year!

And me, I am so bloomin determined to get to goal this time and hopefully in 2009 too. I have wasted so many years messing around and am fed up of it.
Good luck on your journey

thanks Suepat and Dearfatty. I just know that i can do it this time, got some AMAZING friends behind me too xx

hello welshtigger,
ive done loads of different diets,but like suepat said this time my head and heart are in it and I WILL get there too!:D:D

where abouts in north wales are you? im near wrexham:D

hello welshtigger,
ive done loads of different diets,but like suepat said this time my head and heart are in it and I WILL get there too!:D:D

where abouts in north wales are you? im near wrexham:D

Im in North Wales too, Im near Llandudno

How long you been going to Deb's Thursday morning class, I used to go to that one, and a few friends still go-I now go to Karen on a tuesday morning in Llandudno Junction..how u getting on?? x

Hi and welcome to SW!!!
Im originally from South Wales, but used to go to LLandudno all the time when I was a little girl!
Anyway, things do eventually click into place and that's when you are positive enough to start a diet face on and win! Its good to hear that you have reached that milestone!
I look forward to reading more posts from you.

Good luck with your journey.

Kerry-Ann
xx

Back