New year New Start Slimming world

I used to spend £130 a month to feed 2 of us and this month so far ive spent £250 Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Are you buying more fresh meat? I do find the meat and fruit to be the most costly things, could you try a local butcher? Or the market? I think slimming world can sometimes seem expensive when you go from having cheap and unhealthy meals that would cost £5 max for 2 people to costing easily £10, my food shop is between £70 and £100 a week feeding 2 adults and 2 children. Do you buy a lot of brand name foods?

Are you buying more fresh meat? I do find the meat and fruit to be the most costly things, could you try a local butcher? Or the market? I think slimming world can sometimes seem expensive when you go from having cheap and unhealthy meals that would cost £5 max for 2 people to costing easily £10, my food shop is between £70 and £100 a week feeding 2 adults and 2 children. Do you buy a lot of brand name foods?

We buy meat in bulk and freeze it. We buy asda own if we can but still seems very expensive

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all I'm hayley I'm 27 with 4 boys ages 6 twins 3 and a 2 yr old. I work full time 3 13hr shifts a week with adults with learning disabilities :) I'm doing slimming world from home as I havnt the time or the money to waste going to group!

I started on 6th of Jan and so far gone from 13st 9 to 13st 3 :-D just finding it difficult with money as it does cost a bit if u want variety!

I have done sw several times n was 18st 5 after my 1st child! So know I can do it!! Good luck to u all :) xxx

Sent from my ST25i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all I'm hayley I'm 27 with 4 boys ages 6 twins 3 and a 2 yr old. I work full time 3 13hr shifts a week with adults with learning disabilities :) I'm doing slimming world from home as I havnt the time or the money to waste going to group!

I started on 6th of Jan and so far gone from 13st 9 to 13st 3 :-D just finding it difficult with money as it does cost a bit if u want variety!

I have done sw several times n was 18st 5 after my 1st child! So know I can do it!! Good luck to u all :) xxx

Hi xxxx

On the expense thing. My food shop has come down as I'm not wasting as much. Like you I've got a freezer full of meat and frozen batch cooked meals. If I stopped shopping tomorrow (except milk and fruit) we could easily last a month for 5 plus a dog!
Our shop averages £130 a fortnight. Packed dinners for all of us and planned evening meals.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I just dont know where im going wrong and why its costing me a fortune!

I just dont know where im going wrong and why its costing me a fortune!

Same here Joanne it's costing me a fortune too! I do original n green I find it easier.. I find I do more green as it's cheaper n ive already made so many cut backs frozen veg only but fresh carrots and sainsburys basics strawberries and bananas etc I don't know how much I spend a week as I do little bits on my days off work :-/ usually £20 a time! And that's already after I've fone my main shop on payday :-/ oh well I'm plodding through! Determined not to give up :) I'm aiming to get in the 12st mark!!! Come on!!! Xxx

Same here Joanne it's costing me a fortune too! I do original n green I find it easier.. I find I do more green as it's cheaper n ive already made so many cut backs frozen veg only but fresh carrots and sainsburys basics strawberries and bananas etc I don't know how much I spend a week as I do little bits on my days off work :-/ usually £20 a time! And that's already after I've fone my main shop on payday :-/ oh well I'm plodding through! Determined not to give up :) I'm aiming to get in the 12st mark!!! Come on!!! Xxx

I know what you mean. Last week I went to the shop 3 times in the week (sunday, tuesday and thursday) spent £20-£25 each time and that was on top of a big shop ive done. I just dont understand why its so expensive and how I can stop spending that much when I already havent got much to show what ive already spent if that makes sense lol

I know what you mean. Last week I went to the shop 3 times in the week (sunday, tuesday and thursday) spent £20-£25 each time and that was on top of a big shop ive done. I just dont understand why its so expensive and how I can stop spending that much when I already havent got much to show what ive already spent if that makes sense lol

It makes sense :) x

Do you have much wastage Jo?

:-0 I'm so pleased its just me and mum son
I spent £35 this week I'm on ww and that will easily see me into week after with meals I've frozen ill spend around £10 the following week getting a few fresh bits.

:-0 I'm so pleased its just me and mum son
I spent £35 this week I'm on ww and that will easily see me into week after with meals I've frozen ill spend around £10 the following week getting a few fresh bits.

I did look into ww but didnt fully understand it

I did look into ww but didnt fully understand it

I always did sw from home but my friend showed me the ww app and ill not go back now. I can shop very well but cheap. Because everything has a point your I'm not having by expensive versions of products. You can buy what's on offer and adapt to fit into your day.
But sw lost me 2 stone last year

I always did sw from home but my friend showed me the ww app and ill not go back now. I can shop very well but cheap. Because everything has a point your I'm not having by expensive versions of products. You can buy what's on offer and adapt to fit into your day.
But sw lost me 2 stone last year

Would you say ww is easier to follow than sw?

Would you say ww is easier to follow than sw?

Yes much with the app there's nothing to follow.
I plan my meals on the app few days in advance, if I'm over points I can see what can be swapped and changed.

And there's no meals that are not possible to have, I cook normal recipes from normal recipe books I then make better choices like swap oil for fry light and if its a meal bigger in points ill have a free salad or free breakfast.

I found with sw I couldn't stomach the recipes anymore so used all my syns in my cooking then craved a treat and couldn't have one so ended up falling off wagon.

Sw is good though but it was more expensive I found.

Well im starting a fresh again on Monday. With the stress from work and me just being very tired and worn out I havent done great but now I realised monday I need to get back on it.
Thanks to eveyone for the messages on here. Its this website that is keeping me going!

Well im starting a fresh again on Monday. With the stress from work and me just being very tired and worn out I havent done great but now I realised monday I need to get back on it.
Thanks to eveyone for the messages on here. Its this website that is keeping me going!

Doing it from home it keeps me going too looking on here :) u can do it hun we all can :)

I've just finished work n my friend who is doing sw made me a spiced plum crumble for 5 syns had it with vanilla mullerlight! Amazing!! Feel stuffed having it straight after dinner and a bit naughty lol going to get her to msg me recipe later :) xxx

Doing it from home it keeps me going too looking on here :) u can do it hun we all can :)

I've just finished work n my friend who is doing sw made me a spiced plum crumble for 5 syns had it with vanilla mullerlight! Amazing!! Feel stuffed having it straight after dinner and a bit naughty lol going to get her to msg me recipe later :) xxx

Thank you.
Wow that sounds amazing :)

Back