New

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by janey0, 21 June 2007 Social URL.

1. janey0

janey0 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Hi all, im Janey and im 27. I was 8 stone 13 after loosing 6 stone last year on Atkins, im 5"6.

Got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis soon after and then went onto steroids, lots of food + steroids = 6 stone back on again . I have been trying and trying to get back into Atkins, but im finding it so difficult. I think it's because I know I have done it before, and therefore keep putting it off, like next week i'll start 'cos I know I can', or 'just another day of rubbish and ill start again'. I also have Manic Depression, and putting all this weight back on has really made me begin to feel ill. I 'need' to start loosing it, or I will go back to sitting in my flat and not going out.

I have heard of cambridge before, but not much. Atkins worked really well for me, and I lost 6 stone in around 7/8 months. But I just can't get started this time.

Would Cambridge give me results like Atkins did?

Thanks for reading

Janey

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Hi Janey and welcome to the site.

Cambridge will def. give the results you got with Atkins and more. I know I'm biased (being a counsellor) but I think CD is much easier to do and gives better results than Atkins, although you did really well to lose 6 stone.

Do you know if you have a counsellor near you, if you look on the Cambridge Diet website Cambridge Diet home page they have a page which lists counsellors and you can find one near you. Have a chat to a few and they can talk you through the diet, how it works etc. I'd say give it a go, I think trying a new diet will give you a boost and the incentive to do it and as you get fast results with CD it spurs you on. Most people will lose around a stone a month on CD so you'd see a big improvement really quickly.

All the best

xx

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi Janey - welcome to the site. Jan has given you the best advice of looking at the Cambridge website and perhaps contacting a CDC and talking to her/him to see how you feel.

If there are any questions we can answer, feel free to ask.

Good luck.

5. stacey

stacey i love minimins me :)

hey janey

nice to meet u, cd does give fab weight loss :) and i know what u mean about something new :)

hope to get to know u more

good luck with whatever u choose

xx

6. janey0

janey0 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Thanks for your replies. Have emailed a few CDC's.

7. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

Start Weight:
    141kg
    Current Weight:
    69.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    65.0kg
    Lost(%):
    71.7kg(50.85%)
    Diet:
    Self devised
    Do you have to follow a special diet at all, Janey, for your Multiple Sclerosis? I just wondered whether a meal replacement diet mightn't be a good idea for your condition perhaps?

8. janey0

janey0 Member

Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    No, no special diet, have asked consultant, and he thinks loosing some weight may actually 'help' the MS. I mentioned cambridge to GP, and he is fine with it. He knows how much work I did on Atkins, and knows if I start Cambridge for a month or 2, then go back to Atkins, it will kick start me, and also remove some of the extra weight that doesn't help my legs :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.