New

kat88

Hi

I am going to be starting slimming world classes on Monday and was looking for some advice. I have struggled with my weight for years and I have just had my first baby and I am getting married next year so now its a huge need to lose it. I also have low self esteem and hate the way I look and how I feel about myself. Just I turn to food when im upset or stressed and I do not want my daughter picking up bad habits

I have done weightwatchers before I got pregnant and managed to lose it but at the moment im not in right mind to count points and I know lots of people who have lost weight on slimming world so thought I would give it ago.

Thanks

Hi Katt,

welcome to MiniMins.
I've never done WW but have found SW to be the best plan for me because you can eat all day and night and it's very very easy to maintain for life.

I also like to eat when I'm lonely/bored/angry/emotional. The first step is to recognise this behaviour (which you've already done-bravo) and truly ask yourself "Am I hungry or just looking for something to deal with my emotions?"

Slimming World really is a great plan and very easy to follow after you get your head around it (we can help if you have any questions!).

Best of luck and looking forward to seeing you around the board :)

Hi I also joined sw after having my second baby and was my biggest ever and hated it. I much prefer sw over we (which I did years ago) sw fits in with family life so much easier and I never feel hungry

Thanks :) I'm actually excited to do it. My boyfriend is going to do it also as he's not happy with his weight but I'm only one going to classes.

Not sure how it works but I am going to do trial week menu gives you online. And go away on holiday soon n dreading it as hate buying new clothes as end up upset :-(

I think I'm around 16stone now and wanted to b 10 for my wedding but I'm hoping to get to 12 but dunno if can be done in 10months

The goals that you are hoping for 4 - 6 stones are achievable in a year, and you have the best incentive ever, in your own wedding - this diet will be really good for you. You will make friends and your confidence will soar once you start to lose weight. Good to hear your partner is doing it alongside you. My husband eats whatever I eat and it certainly makes life much easier.
Good luck with your goals, and keep posting on here, where you will get lots of support and motivation.

That sounds amazing :) my daughter will be crawling in new few months so that will keep me on my toes ha. Think it's harder at the minute as on maternity where as normally when I diet it's easier as in work and children work with keep me running about.
I'm also going to get up earlier n do a workout before breakfast. And some evenings if poss. X

Sounds brilliant Katrina--keep posting on here if you're feeling stuck/down--we're all in this together! x

Hi :) I'm looking at starting sat so where says alpen bars,muller light yoghurts can u have asdas own light versions? As trying to save as much as pos x

Are there any books I may want to buy with recipes etc and when u sign up in class can u use online help like ww you can do both.
What do you get when you sign up sorry for all questions x

Just because it's light doesn't mean it will be low syn/free! Do you have the SW app downloaded on your phone?
Once you're a member you can check syns on the go and on their website :)

I believe the WW yogurts are free (please correct me if I am wrong!).
Muller lights aren't too badly priced (5 for £3 in most stores).
Sorry I can't be of more help.

As for recipes books I have only ever bought one (Taste of Asia) because all the others seemed a little dull to me personally and you'll be able to find 100s of recipes on the SW website (and on MiniMins).

Okies thanks that was helpful sure ill find out more on Monday.

One last question sorry what can you drink tea,coffee etc i don't drink alcohol except on occasion so not fussed on giving that up at all :) x

Tea (all types) and Coffee are both free however if you have milk it will need to be from your healthy extra allowance .

You can have:
350ml skimmed
250ml semi-skimmed

Also no added sugar cordials are free and water of course :)
Hope that helps.

Back