NEW

vanessawren

Hi, i used herbalife about 7 yrs ago and lost all my pregnancy weight which was 4 stone in about 6/7 months.

I had a distributor last time who would visit me and give me lots of advice. This though was abroad and now i am back in the UK. I have tried to go back on it twice since coming back here, but its only lasted a few days. I also wasn't very keen on my distributor.

So now i'm back and want to try to lose 5 stone after having my son 6yrs ago and struggling to get the weight off. I have ordered some formulae1, protein powder and the bars from online this time, but can't remember what I used to do.

I remember having 2 shakes a day. I vaguely remember being told to water down my shake ie 150ml semi skimmed and the rest water or using soya milk. I was never told about fruit so am not used to this.

Does anyone have any tips?

Hello :)

I started Herbalife last Monday, so far so good. I haven't had my first weigh-in yet (tonight) but according to my scales I think I've lost about 5lbs.

My distributor gave me quite firm instructions for the shakes but not really any info on the evening meal apart from that it should be balanced and healthy...Now if I was capable of making decisions about what was balanced and healthy I mightn't have 4stone+ to lose ha!

This is the routine I have been using, I was told to leave no more than 3 hrs between shake, snack or meal:

Breakfast: 1 formula1 shake made with 2 scoops of shake powder and 1 scoop of personal protein powder with 250ml of semi-skimmed milk (I can use soya milk if I like but so far have not tried it) and 1 x Multivitamin complex tablet and 1 x Fibre & Herb tablet

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Exactly the same as breakfast including the tablets

Snack: Chocolate and Peanut protein bar from herbalife (I didn't want to be starved of chocolate and it's easy to have in your bag if you get caught snackless)

Dinner: Chicken breast with salad and a weightwatchers wrap OR Tuna salad OR fish and veg

I think I need to branch out a bit with the dinners but I am a rubbish and impatient cook.

I was told if I got hungry to add an extra half a scoop of protein powder but I have resisted so far. Also I have been drinking the raspberry tea a couple of times throughout the day to keep me occupied.

I have been using My Fitness Pal app to log my calories and try to eat at least 1200 per day - this helps me gauge approximately how many calories I should be using for my evening meal too.

I have seen quite a few recipes online where people are adding a handful of berries etc to their shakes to keep them from getting bored of them - some are on the actual Herbalife site - although my distributor told me not to so I'm a bit confused about this...

Sorry I can't be more helpful - if I find any other info I will post it!

Good luck!

Hi, thx for that info. You know i did herbalife for 2 yrs and whenever i struggled abit, I was never told about adding fruit to my shake. I only heard about it when i moved back here. I did get the formulae1 today and just weighed out 26g which it states on the carton.
I enjoyed it last time but after only having 1 meal a day for 2 years I needed a break and never got quite back into it and since moving back here 3 yrs ago have put 3 stone on (so much processed food here)
I have bought the hairy dieters books and am planning to cook some of those recipes. I am not going to worry too much as long as its reasonably healthy and not too high in cals. My problem is about binging at night. So i would always need to have a snack after tea

How long after you wake up in the morning should you have your shake? I am now getting up again at 7.30 and getting my son ready for school. I get home at 9 and usually don't eat til 10

Yes you can add fruit to your shakes. Your distributor will send you the Herbalife magazine by email or one will arrive with your pack when they are out and there's recipes in there. Also on your distributors website there is probably a section with recipes.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

How are you buying your products? eBay? Before I became a distributor I used a distributor And eBay as its not always cheaper on there since Herbalife had a crackdown on selling and prices. And also my distributor sometimes had special offers which made it worth buying from them. So it's probably worth finding one.

I queried the fruit-adding to the shakes when I got weighed on Tuesday but my distributor said not to and also that I should definitely stick to using milk rather than part water with the shakes. So I'm a bit confused as the Herbalife website is the place I saw that you could add fruit?! I'm wondering if he really knows what he's talking about?!

To worldwidewren12, I usually have my first shake as late as possible, maybe around 11am, so I can stretch out my snacks and evening meal til later. Otherwise I don't think I could be trusted twiddling my thumbs and thinking about eating late in the evening!

You can locate a distributor by putting your info into the website and then I think your most local one would contact you. I met mine through friends and now the more I mention it the more people seem to know someone else who is a supplier!

My distributor uses special scales to weigh me which give him fat percentage, muscle percentage, water percentage etc etc and all those pieces of info are actually quite useful in terms of aims for the coming week. Otherwise I might throw the towel in at the first sniff of a curry or pizza...

Yes it's on the websites about the fruit. Although i Wouldn't use water instead of milk for the shakes

Hi I started Herbalife last week, and I lost 5lb in my first week it's fantastic and I feel great it must be all the nutrition I'm getting that I wasn't getting on my previous poor diet. You need to get a distributor to advise you on which products are best for you and to tailor your program to match your needs. My wife is a distributor.

yes i got my stuff from ebay

Back