Newbee

Gryffyn

I have ever recently started slimming world... although not going to group or paying for online.... (can't afford it)

So what the best advice u can give me???

What things should I be careful of??

Hi there, remember to measure your healthy A's and B's I made that mistake when I first started I didn't measure my porridge 35g , also by spray light its great Olive oil

Great advice thanks... I have a selection of fry light now... but must admit I do struggle with my healthy extras... silly question but are they essential to slimming world to have everyday?? I get to the end of the day and realise I haven't had my heb and not all my hea..

It's all calculated into the diet I have a problem with my HexA as I don't take a lot of dairy some time I remember at night and have some cheese . You need to be having at least 10 syns per day it's recommended. I don't have a sweet tooth but I have a problem with crisps, watch out for bananas they slowed down my weight loss .

Thanks OK... so I need make sure I have something for hea and heb then... I eat a banana a day so shall be more careful with them then... trying to find inspiration for meals too...

I plan all my meals in advance every week that way you know exactly what you need to get through the week. Do you do a lot of cooking I love the recipes from slimming world try the chicken chow mein it's fabulous and some of the curries are great but I always add more chillies because I like it hot

To be honest I hate cooking but I'm not a fan of just throwing things in the oven either... I made paella last night that was really good... I'm trying to find what I can feed me my husband and an almost 3 year old with... save me making 3 different meals... I was stuck with making same old meals each week before so nice to mix things up again... trying to meal plan but I change my mind half way through the week.. plus trying to keep cost down too...

I try to keep things simple during the week shepherds pie is great, chilli, spas bol no garlic bread or pitta bread though, I try to choose free food as much as possible, home made breaded fish and chips all free as long as you use the bread crumbs as a HEb. I love one pot meals you can use cheaper cuts of meat chuck in some vegies and herbs leave it for a few hours its great.

I started this year too, didn't sign up online (looks like a complete rip off!) and not going to groups. I bought a second hand starter pack off Ebay for about £10.00 I think, which gives you all the info you need and a good syn list, HEX A list and HEX B list. (Make sure it's this years so it's up to date!)

Also I bought a couple of Slimming World magazines, I think they're a couple of quid each. They have lots of recipes and inspiration stories. 1 magazine I bought came with a little recipe book of "fakeaways" and I've cooked a few meal from there!

Back