Newbie - 7 odd stone to lose

Mairiphinc

Cruisin' for a losin'!
Helloo, I joined over in the Dietchef bit because that's the plan I'm doing, and I MITTS!! But I thought it would be nice to chat to some ladies who also have a lot to lose like me, I've lost 6.5lbs this week and my goal is to get to 10stones which is a further loss of 93.5lbs but I may want to get lower than that once I get there because I'm only 5"1.5 tall (I don't know what I'll look like when I get there because I haven't been lower than 10 stones since I was 17!).

I've been trying on and off for 6 years now to shift the weight I put on after a bad relationship ended, I've never been thin but I went a bit mad after splitting up with someone who used to comment on every bite I put in my mouth, I think it was a bit of a two fingers up to them but it ended up hurting me more!

Now I'm booked on my first ever cruise (The Med!) with my partner's family in June next year and I'd really like to get to my 10stone goal by then, I don't want to be the only one too self-conscious to put my cozzie on and swim in the pool, it's supposed to be so much fun chilling and sunbathing on the deck drinking cocktails. But after what I've heard about the food on these cruises I'd have to be careful I don't put 100lbs straight back on!!!

If I stick to the plan and walk 5x a week I could just do it, but I won't do anything unhealthy so I guess it will just be a case of seeing what comes off naturally.

If I'm honest it's also because I'd like to have babies in the next few years and I would need IVF because of our situation and I'm a bit scared that they'll tell me I can't have it because I'm too fat or that it will be much harder to get pregnant.

Also my ankles are constantly swollen and my back and my feet hurt all the time. I want to be enjoying my life not hiding in my house refusing all invitations out and nursing my unfit aching body!

My partner wants to lose a stone or so so we're doing Dietchef together but it's hard to explain how much different it is when you know your goal might be a couple of years away and how hard it is to face that long journey.

So Hola!

Lost 8lbs as of today which is day 15. Could have been a bit more at my weight but the first week was touch and go because I found it so hard adjusting from eating whatever I wanted before. Its a milestone too because I lost 2st with Weightwatchers just before Xmas 2011 and I'd put 22lbs of the 28 lost back on this year because I was in my final year studying at uni and I just ate and ate through stress. This loss takes me back to just 14lbs put back on. When I've lost that again I'll really feel like I'm getting somewhere.

I've been feeling a bit low and defeatist and have also had nightshifts this week but somehow I've stayed on track. I don't know how but it was/is/will be worth it in the end. My trousers already need a belt again and I may be imagining it but my ankles aren't as painful today. Also since being on this plan the horrible constant heartburn has gone away. All pluses!

Feeling a bit demotivated and rubbish today because after a big meal yesterday and Friday I've out a couple of lbs back on. But got my 30 day shred DVD in the post yesterday so I need to get on it!

Hiya! I wish you luck in your journey, I know how hard it is when the journey seems so long. Don't beat yourself up about the meal in the future you need to be able to deal with eating out. I don.t think weighing so often helps motivation I know I do it and it is frustrating to see a bad number! Take it slow make as many good decisions ss possible and it gets easier x

Thanks! I'm so annoyed with myself that I am so obsessed with weighing. I want to leave it to at the most once a week if not less so that I can see bigger positive changes and not get so demotivated by bad days!

Hi and welcome!!! Brilliant loss and lovely goals! U can do this :) which plan are u following? Xx

Back