Newbie alert xx

newmonday

Hello,

Thought I'd just pop a quick wee post in to say hiya.

Been lurking around looking at posts for a while now and thought it was about time I started to shed some weight. I've been working hard this year to bag a promotion and after all my networking, a grilling interview i was told on Friday that I got the job I'm soooo happy. Now it's time to start this new chapter in my life and start to shed some pounds too. My fave saying is 'if you can dream it, you can achieve it' well I'm going to start dreaming now !!!!

A bitty more about me ... I'm 33years old, live in Scotland with my amazing other half and daughter who is 7.

The support in here is fantastic so looking forward to getting to know u you all and become one of the slim gang . Think calorie counting will be best option for me and will aim
For 1500 a day (if anyone has a better idea please let me know )

Xxxxx

I'm old so a slow loser, you have youth on your side. I have grandchildren around your age, three of whom are dieting - one low carbs, one Slimming World and one counting calories like me. I'll keep an eye on your progress... :)

Hi, I'm also a newbie - been calorie counting on My Fitness Pal for 3 weeks now and have lost 14lbs, am beside myself as it normally takes me ages to lose weight but I have to keep reminding myself that it is only the tip of the iceberg! Best of luck to you both am determined that this will be the one time that I don't give up but we'll see!
X

Wow! That is wonderful Daphne, I'd be euphoric if I lost 3lbs in three weeks! :clap:

Happy dieting to both you and Newmonday.

Hi, I'm also a newbie - been calorie counting on My Fitness Pal for 3 weeks now and have lost 14lbs, am beside myself as it normally takes me ages to lose weight but I have to keep reminding myself that it is only the tip of the iceberg! Best of luck to you both am determined that this will be the one time that I don't give up but we'll see! X

That's amazing results, hope i can do well too. Very inspiring :), I've downloaded Mfp to my phone and going to try and work with that for now lol fingers crossed

Hi, just thought I'd check and see how you are both getting on, after a good start I'm beginning to feel the struggle! Am still calorie counting but have actually skipped meals this week and replaced them with a Mars Bar I'm ashamed to say! Hope you are doing well and I've got my fingers crossed that this is a temporary blip and I'll be back at it with gusto next week. X

Oh, leave the Mars Bar on the shop shelf love! Have you checked their sugar content and sugar is addictive. I find that if I get the taste of sugar in my mouth I just want more. It's hard I know but it does get easier. Good luck to one addict to another.. :)

Back