Newbie and it's all coming off..

Love pasta, shame about the gain but you got the right frame of mind and not give up, it will be off this week I'm sure.

Weigh in today and I lost 6lbs! Yay.
So I have lost a total of 16 pounds, which means I have hit my target of a stone by xmas.

It's just the boost I needed to keep me going over the christmas.

6lbs is great, well done!

Thanks, I gotta say I was really pleased with the 6 pounds and thought itwould help keep me motivated over xmas.... it didn't!

Haven't counted a thing and just started back counting today. I just was so not in the mood to be tracking everything so Ijust ate and enjoyed although pretty much stayed off the chocs and that. Hope I haven't done too much damage and hopefully I can get back on track again.

Hope everyone had a good xmas and new year.

Thanks James, very true.

Well I had my weigh in today and by some miracle I lost 3lb!!! So I am focussed and getting back on track - this time next year I WILL be so much smaller. My jeans are feeling quite big now which is a great feeling.

Going to start my exercise dvd tomorrow. I want to join my local gym too but not sure I am quite brave enough for that yet...hmmm I'll think about it.

3lbs is great, well done. On the gym, my advice would be just go for it. I know how daunting it is and how self conscious it can make you feel but it's worth it. And actually, the majority of people in a gym don't really notice what size the person next to them is, let alone care. They're there for the same reason as you, to get fit and they should be too busy working on that to even notice. And even if they did, who cares, their opinion doesn't matter to you. Don't let anyone hold you back.

Thanks Caroline, I think I will join the gym when I get paid. Plus I can go in the mornings when I've dropped the kids to school so should be a bit quieter. I know I shouldn't care but the bit I dread most is the medical thing the whole weight and trying to fit my arm in the blood pressure cuff. I know I am probably building it up to be more than it is, I really need to get over it.

Anyways had my weigh in today and I have sts, which is good that I haven't gone up but I hate not getting a loss, I am so impatient. I didn't track for a few days and ate a bit of takeaway but didn't think I went over my points on any days, but I guess my blindness to how much I am eating is why I am following WW and writing everything down.

So my objectives this week are to have a bigger breakfast and smaller dinner. Do some exercise, I bought 30 day shred few weeks ago and only just got round to taking the plastic off and to cut down on the carbs.

Weigh in today lost 6lbs, very happy with that :). Done quite a bit of walking this week and also Just Dance on the wii. More importantly I opened the 30 day shred DVD and did the first one.. !

just thought I'd say well done! I've just joined this group and I'm doing Slimming world at home. Given myself a target of 7lb a month so far so good! Along with jelly for munchies I've got quorn sausages cooked and cut into chunks in a pot I'm the fridge, cubed Melon and also boiled eggs!

Hi Effelump, Good luck with slimming world. How are you finding it?

I lost 1lb this week, which I'm quite happy with it. I'm not feeling great got a cold and TOTM so haven't tracked this week, apart from in my mind. Just wanted comfort food all week have eaten apple pie and custard, massive portions of homemade lasagne and flippin' Tescos...they have those sensations crisps half price at the moment..love the BBQ ones ate the whole big bag more or less. The kids may have got a couple each. That's just the beginning.

Ah well on to a new week

Thanks James.

Well and truly back on the food wagon this week, apart from the exercise. It's too cold and wet to walk around, excuses, excuses I know. On a more positive note I bought some new jeans today, two sizes smaller...:D. I guess the 26lbs has gone from my waist and hips.

Stayed the same this week. I am pretty sure I was 3lbs down according to my scales and then Saturday night happened. Wine, pizza, crisps :(, but it is once in a blue moon thing and it was a great night out with friends. Back on it this week, lost 1 lb in two weeks so really need toget going again.

hey Niknak youve done so well, im new on here and i find it hard to find the energy to cook something. but i have found loads of quick recepies on here which sound delicious so im definatley going to try them. Once i get a bad day thats it though and i feel awful but i know i just want this weight to shift now.
congrats on the weight loss so far.

Hi xmandsx, I can understand what you mean about the cooking. I have to work hard at the too tired to cook feelings, but I have found it surprising how quick it is to put something healthy together.

Don't beat yourself up over the bad days we all get them, put a line and start afresh. Keep positive and we will shift the weight. Good luck on slimming world, you've got off to a great start.

So a few positives this week.

Firstly had my weigh-in today and lost another 2lbs, which takes me to 28lb loss and 2 stone. Also this is the lowest weight I can remember since I went to uni about 10 years ago.

Also I joined the gym this week...I never ever ever would've imagined that I would step foot inside a gym but went today, it was quite quiet so I felt pretty comfortable. Mainly used the treadmill and walked fast was going to attempt a jog but need to get a proper sports bra (if I can find one). Used the bike and stepper thing too. Aiming to go back tomorrow and Friday. Hope everyone else is having a good week

That's a great loss and a fantastic milestone, well done!

Back