Newbie and need support

baylie

Hello
I am new here. I have around 10stone to lose and am not entirely sure how.
I have been going to 'Tipping The Balance' meetings which were sugested by my Dr and have lost 13lbs so far but have hit the wall already.
My main goal is to lose weight so that I can increase my fertility and possibly have my long time longed for baby.

Not sure what else to put to be honest but ask away, i'll answer any questions.:wave_cry:

Hi,

I started WW Pro Points today as I really need to do something. I have tried lots of different diets and understand wanting a baby and needing to lose weight. I lost nearly 5stone dong the Cambridge diet while trying for a baby and after 18months fell pg with my son. I later put all the weight on and much more and have had major health issues. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Hopefully we can support each other x

Maybe you should consider joining a club or group for some support? I really find that going to a meeting does help and the money you spend is more than worth it for gaining your life back. And asides the plan and weighing, there are people there who get that its not easy to lose weight.. I find my ww classes are always a good giggle :)

And I can guarantee you that no one will laugh and it really really won't matter if you are the biggest one there.. The important thing is getting out that door and trying. Don't give up on yourself :) xxx

I lost my first 3 stones with Slimming World and now I am with WeightWatchers because of moving out of the UK. I have around another 10 stones I would like to shift.

I like both the plans but for me I actually think WW is better and more freeing, but as hannata says the meetings are key for me. I stepped into SW after a mental breakdown and having only left the house for Doctors and Therapy sessions for 18 months. I walked in extremely nervous and my leader allowed my Mum to sit in with me until I was strong enough to come alone. I made some fantastic friends and was encouraged every week. I now go to WW meetings even though they are conducted in German of which I speak very little right now, but even though I don't understand all the words the encouragement comes across in any language.

It will take time, and there will be obstacles in the way but you are much more likely to win this battle with the support and friendship of people who understand how hard it is to lose weight.

Good luck,
Morgenmuffel xx

Hi Baylie, I started yesterday and have roughly 8 stones to lose...daunting and scary!!! But I found this forum and must say reading it and being part of it has really helped me!! I wish you all the luck and remember we all deserve to be happy and healthy!!!

weight.png

Back