Newbie and starting Slimming World tonight!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LulatheOmniscient, 28 September 2011 Social URL.

1. LulatheOmniscient

LulatheOmniscient Member

Hi all. I'm new to the forum, my name is Lula and tonight I shall be starting at Slimming World, have never tried it before but a close friend of mine has lost 7 stone on it so I thought I'd give it a go. I am somewhere between 12-14 stones I think, I don't know yet as I never weight myself due to how it makes me feel. I've decided to not bother weighing myself before tonight as well as then I can be weighed and then have the chat to get me motivated instead of it just exasperating me.
    I'm looking to lose 3-5 stones (depending on how I end up weighing, I ideally want to get to 8st5lbs. I'm 5'1.

I figure this place seems like a positive place to join while I'm slimming down, next summer I have a wedding to go to and I want to lose enough to make shopping for the dress an absolute joy. I also enjoy music festivals and want to lose enough for next year's season to be able to prance and frolic and feel comfortable and free doing so :).

I'm happy to be here and will edit this tonight when I find out the grim truth of my true weight!

Lula.x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. phonicshunny

phonicshunny Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(31.75%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    good luck for tonight, i remember my first weigh inn, how daunting!! but i had such a warm welcome that all the nerves i had just went as soon as i walked through the door.
    I have lost 3st 10lb so far and have 4lb to target.
    You will get to target for your dress shopping, and think positive, I love my food and if i can do it anyone can.
    I have gone from a size 18 to 8/10 and feel great, the comments i have had encouraged me to carry on when my will power started to weaken.
    you have lots of tips and advice here its a great website.
    Please keep in touch and good luck again :D

4. claireburt

claireburt Member

Hi.
    I love the slimming World diet. Has worked for me and you can really feel how healthier you become on it, I think. Really it's good, sensible eating on it. Lots of good inspiring stories in the mags. Love it!

Good luck with it. X

5. LulatheOmniscient

LulatheOmniscient Member

Okay, I'm back, turns out I'm 13st1pound, not as bad as I'd envisaged. Ready to get losing definitely though!

6. littlemissb84

littlemissb84 Member

Hi ya. I started sw 5 weeks ago and got my stone award tonight, it really does work, hoping to loose another stone before the 1st December. Stick with it. X

7. LulatheOmniscient

LulatheOmniscient Member

Which plan are you following?

8. TrimmerMe

TrimmerMe Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    8st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(26.58%)
    Diet:
    my diet! which is healthy, delicious and doesn't come from a box...
    Great to have you here...you should reach your goal in no time. Just stay committed and motivated and never give up!

9. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Good luck with SW.

Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.